Investing General Discussion

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
CCIV already broke 50 mil volume. Dipped just below 16.50 and going back up

I could not help it and went back into this at 17 for 300 shares. /sigh lets do it, lux EV for all. Or at least all those rich oil sheiks

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Been swing trading BTC for the past 2 weeks, made 20% return, despite the 3% hit on every roundtrip. I've been pretty busy in past few weeks, so I havent been able to spend as much time doing research on stocks. Its nice brainless activity since you only have to keep track of 1 thing. Buy at 32k-33k, wait for it to go back up to 37-38k, dump, wait for it to come back down to 32k-33k. I'm pretty sure a lot of people are doing it since that pattern is becoming fairly predictable now as far as floors/ceilings go.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Something i've been doing since the new year and my covered calls made in Dec have been expiring, is looking down my list and if anything is 50+ percent gains, I throw a trailing stop loss on it, hell sometimes even if its just 15 percent gains. (except PLTR cause "reasons").

I'm seeing the light of "there is always another play on the horizon" and "take profits off the table".

Sure it leads to shit like me selling GME right before it moons, but oh well, what can you do. 1st world problems

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
GHIV has been wasting my time all week. Could have invested elsewhere and made really good gains this week. I’m starting to even doubt it’s going to pop next week pre merger.

And of course Tilray is killing it again.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Dude on CNBC pisses on CCIV and SPACs in general. CCIV crashes. I just sold the $12.5 strike puts expiring next month at the bottom. Got 80 cents for them. I bet it climbs back to $20 before the close.
I was wondering wtf happened. $18.50 pre-market when I left for work this morning.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
GHIV has been wasting my time all week. Could have invested elsewhere and made really good gains this week. I’m starting to even doubt it’s going to pop next week pre merger.

And of course Tilray is killing it again.

I bought some more recently, people saying there is a solid company there. If it pops big before merger ill sell, but I think I'm ok holding this one post merge.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
GHIV has sucked this week for sure but we couldn't have predicted all the big announcements this week with ACTC and CCIV. Their merger vote is next week so if nothing else goes on fire next week hopefully it'll pop then

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
GHIV has sucked this week for sure but we couldn't have predicted all the big announcements this week with ACTC and CCIV. Their merger vote is next week so if nothing else goes on fire next week hopefully it'll pop then

I’ll hold through the weekend. Merger is on Wednesday, so one way or the other I’m dumping Tuesday. There’s a lot of hype about it going high after earnings in first week of Feb but I am not taking that risk.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I bought some more recently, people saying there is a solid company there. If it pops big before merger ill sell, but I think I'm ok holding this one post merge.

Might pay out well for you, too risky for me.

Since I’m saying this of course it’ll go to $25.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's a solid merger company if it pans out. I bought NGA last week at 19 based on the company and it's over 30 now. I just bought more CCIV just now at 16.75. It's only down because the TV said the deal couldn't happen. An asteroid could also hit the earth tomorrow, but I don't see them mentioning that everyday

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
It's a solid merger company if it pans out. I bought NGA last week at 19 based on the company and it's over 30 now. I just bought more CCIV just now at 16.75. It's only down because the TV said the deal couldn't happen. An asteroid could also hit the earth tomorrow, but I don't see them mentioning that everyday

Hmm. Would have been nice if they announced earnings pre merger. CEO said they had the best year in company history but couldn’t say more.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
So what are the 3 best SPACs get into right now?

Looking for something to flip in next 4 weeks

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't see much info about those 3 or their management teams, why'd you pick them? Here are my current 10-11 spacs

GRSV - Hoping to ride on some popularity from the GMHI/LAZR merger
DSAC - Ties to incoming Biden admin
RPLA - Good team and online gaming is getting hot
APSG
TREB
BTAQ - Rumor floating on urban EV air travel I believe

Everything else is over 12 already

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I'm looking at early ones (<10.50). Any thoughts there?

PIAI
MOTN
NGAC

There doesn’t look to be any hype around these, barely any discussion on the usual sites.

While they’re safe buys in so far as you won’t lose anything on them, these aren’t going to do anything any time soon, so your money is just gonna sit there for potentially a year or more.

My personal strategy, find what’s cheap ($10-12ish) AND has a lot of people talking about it. That’s where your money making volatility lies in these.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Another way to see where the hype and info is, go on twitter and type $ plus their ticker so $PIAI would pull up anyone talking about that ticker

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users