Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

MAster of evil.gif

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
PLTR will be going up because Cathie Wood of Ark investing bought some shares and now her legion of fanboys will buy as well, up 6% in AH already

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lots of red in the futures. That 1.9 Trillion bill Biden is promoting doesn't seem to be having the desired impact on the market. I i wonder if the eviction/foreclosure moratorium extension into 4th quarter of 2021 might have something to do with it. Forget the Fed printing press, destroying the real estate market may be the death blow.

BTC down, Gold and Silver down, 10 yr yield sliding, oil down. Oh and its options expiry day for Jan. Yippee.

1610720185620.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cramer and a bunch of other CNBC types were pumping WFC a couple of days ago before earnings...

1610720316718.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Sold my NGA at 34.75 in AH, I'll buy more if it dips down to 30-31
What was your basis for doing that. I’m still sitting on it and I’m up 46%. Wondering if I should lock that in or just sit on it. My biggest mistakes last year were all selling too early. One would be up 1200% if I held.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What was your basis for doing that. I’m still sitting on it and I’m up 46%. Wondering if I should lock that in or just sit on it. My biggest mistakes last year were all selling too early. One would be up 1200% if I held.

I saw a lot of chatter about it trading sideways until all the current hype around ACTC GHIV and CCIV started to die down through next week. People were pulling money from other stocks to throw it into those 3.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I saw a lot of chatter about it trading sideways until all the current hype around ACTC GHIV and CCIV started to die down through next week. People were pulling money from other stocks to throw it into those 3.
Think I’ll just sit on it and put a 10% trailing loss on it.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Something today spooked green energy, my green energy ETFS are down about 4-5% - TAN ICLN CNRG and ACES. Still up 20% since december so might be a good time to jump in

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Closed my CCIV puts for a 20% gain and sold my CCIV. Overall market sentiment is deteriorating in my view and it was a lot of profit sitting on the table. If I am wrong then there is always another SPAC to find at $10. That was close to a 70% gain for a weeks time. I will not complain if it moons to $30.

edit: and of course it rolls up 4% after I sell. Gotta laugh.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Something today spooked green energy, my green energy ETFS are down about 4-5% - TAN ICLN CNRG and ACES. Still up 20% since december so might be a good time to jump in
You know that term you guys use “out of the money” for your more advanced trading? Well that’s kind of the position I’m in but just “out of money”.

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Almost everything i have is red today, but I'm still up thxs to PLTR. Just wondering if this is more swing between 23 and 27 as usual. One never knows.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Keep an eye on PLTR. Buzzfeed put out an article saying how some CDC folks asked Biden to remove PLTR from the virus contact tracing. Expect a lot more of this with the "evil" PLTR and a new Lib administration.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m lucky it’s going red. I dumped my entire QQQ position two days ago which was the largest position I had by a lot. Going to move it to FTEC and will just watch until it levels out lower to put it in.

• 2Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Closed my CCIV puts for a 20% gain and sold my CCIV. Overall market sentiment is deteriorating in my view and it was a lot of profit sitting on the table. If I am wrong then there is always another SPAC to find at $10. That was close to a 70% gain for a weeks time. I will not complain if it moons to $30.

edit: and of course it rolls up 4% after I sell. Gotta laugh.

I just bought more myself. There's supposed to be some kind of announcement today at 2 pm est. Also, Saudi google traffic was spiking on CCIV a week ago. That matters because Saudi Arabia invested 1 billion into Lucid

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bought some GSAH (Goldman Sachs SPAC) on the market dip today in the retirement acct.

Took a small beating in some other positions as I trimmed some market exposure. Still up for the week, so no worries there.