iPhone4S without iTunes

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got a new computer and I don't want to install iTunes on it, yet I want to continue loading music to my iPhone4S and iPods

Can the people of rerolled suggest a decent piece of software?

Thanks

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Jailbroken? Get Pwntunes (through Cydia). It's awesome.

If not, trySharepod, not sure it'll work for the iPhone though. Haven't used it in ages. Should be good for the iPods.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's not jailbroken

Sharepod requires an iTunes installation to work, which renders the programm pretty moot imo.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Nah, it doesn't. I'm running it right now on my iPod without iTunes ever having been installed on this PC.

Edit: It does require .NET 3.5. If it isn't working for you, try installing that first.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
just man up and download iTunes to save yourself a lot of trouble. if you hate Apple so much, you shouldn't have bought an iPhone.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got an iPhone for free, just like the iPods. I never spent a single dime on anything Apple.
For iPhone it requires iTunes.

Mageling

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I got an iPhone for free, just like the iPods. I never spent a single dime on anything Apple.
For iPhone it requires iTunes.
Throw together a VM and load iTunes on it if you don't want it running on your main machine. PITA? Yes, but it prevents you from needing their software on your computer.

That's about the only solution I can think of that fits your needs right now.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
CopyTrans Manager (the only free part of CopyTrans Suite) is what you are looking for. That's what I used to get MediaMonkey to work with a newer iPod Touch which is not supported anymore by MM. What you want to do is download the manager and start to install it. It is going to say that you don't have iTunes installed, would you like to get the files or some shit? Say yes, and it will then download iTunes, BUT it will only extract and install the drivers, not all the other bullshit. You can do this manually if you find the right instructions, but this is FAR easier, trust me.

I don't remember the specific sequence of events during the download and install, since I already have it on my machine and don't want to start it again, but at some point after it installs that shit your iPod will now be recognized like the old ones were, as an extra drive that you could transfer whatever you wanted to it. You don't have to use the CopyTrans Manager program either, that was mainly just there to trigger the "you don't have the iTunes drivers" stage. You could probably even delete it, but it doesn't do anything so I just left it to be safe.

Doesn't have to be jailbroken either, btw.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Vvoid: The jailbroken bit was for Pwntunes only.

Yeah, I forgot about that, you will need the Apple Mobile Device Support installation which only comes with iTunes. There is no standalone installer.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I second the vm setup. I use a vm OSX with itunes installed there, works great.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Why are you being such a pussy? Just install iTunes and only use it for transferring to your iPhone. It sucks, but it's not a fucking virus.