Iron Man 3 [Spoilers Everywhere]

Bane_sl

shitlord
I thought the second Iron Man was a bit disappointing. I've only seen it once so maybe I should give it another try, but I thought the whole Agent Smith-like shit at the end was really bad. It just paled in comparison to the first one - which is one of the best of all the comic book movie reboots of late.
If the second one was 2 hours of the Iron Man / War Machine back to back fighting, it would have been great. But Hammer ruined the whole thing imo.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I loved Rockwell as Hammer and thought he did a great job. I'm biased though because he'll always be Roc Ingersoll in my heart.

rrr_img_16409.jpg

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sam Rockwell can do no wrong in my book. While Iron Man 2 wasn't quite as good as Iron Man 1, it wasn't that far off the mark. Still a 7.5/10 or so.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Sam Rockwell can do no wrong in my book. While Iron Man 2 wasn't quite as good as Iron Man 1, it wasn't that far off the mark. Still a 7.5/10 or so.
The only problem I had with Iron Man 2 was the anticlimactic ending. The whole chase scene between Iron Man and the robots was too long. I'd have rather had a longer and more interesting final showdown with Whiplash.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
The whole movie was an anti-climax. Whiplash was underutilized, Hammer was comedic relief and never a threat, and the poisoning was easily rectified. The whole thing felt like a set-up for the Avengers and Iron Man 3 without any real meat within. Still a better movie than most comic related properties based on talent alone.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Saw the new trailer last night when the wife and I went to see Jack the Giant Slayer (very meh movie there..).

Was nice that my wife has gotten into the Marvel universe to be cognizant of and ask any why there were so many different armors, and nice to see one of my favorites get a second of airtime.

I'm putting the odds at 75% that one of the Mandarin's rings ends up being an infinity gauntlet gem.

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
The rings will be merely symbolic and have no true power. Mandarin is a terrorist who just has a passion for ancient china. He'll be like the joker in the dark knight... Grounded in reality. Mysticism and sorcery are only in thor and a future dr. Strange movie.

Btw, anyone think the hulkbuster armor looks a hell of a lot like a space marine terminator?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
The rings will be merely symbolic and have no true power. Mandarin is a terrorist who just has a passion for ancient china. He'll be like the joker in the dark knight... Grounded in reality. Mysticism and sorcery are only in thor and a future dr. Strange movie.

Btw, anyone think the hulkbuster armor looks a hell of a lot like a space marine terminator?
If they roll with "The rings are just ugly jewelry" there will be fanboy riots.. And they've gone to pretty considerable lenghts to make sure they didn't set off that level of rage. Although I could also see a "He didn't realize how powerful this one particular ring really is..." angle as the post credit teaser.

And yes, the HB armor did have a lot of space marine vibe to it. Assuming that was really the HB armor and not his "ultra deep sea" gear.

Sterling

El Presidente
Not sure how well Dr Strange would work as a movie. Seems like it would either be weak or just over the top cheesy as fuck. Would be really hard to find the balance.

McCheese

Not sure how well Dr Strange would work as a movie. Seems like it would either be weak or just over the top cheesy as fuck. Would be really hard to find the balance.
I think that could have been said about all of these Marvel movies so far, especially Thor and Captain America. All of them turned out to be at least decent movies.

Sterling

El Presidente
I think that could have been said about all of these Marvel movies so far, especially Thor and Captain America. All of them turned out to be at least decent movies.
Scale is different and it's all mysticism and magic and the supernatural which I think just generally feels very different from most other superheros.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I have said it once and I will say it again... Constantine sequel.

Although a Dr. Strange movie would be interesting, I am not sure how the masses will accept the magic and mysticism on a large scale.

Then again Thor did all right and Marvel has built up a lot of cred with the movie going public lately.

McCheese

I guess I just don't see why people would be hung up about magic and mysticism. I mean, look at the Hell Boy movies. Those had all sorts of weird creatures, demons, magic, and they were really well received. Assuming they craft the movie's world well and create a believable setting in which magic can exist I don't think anyone would bat an eye.

The only problem I foresee with a Dr. Strange movie is if they try to tie it in to the others, because then you have this clash of the largely sci-fi world of The Avengers with the purely magical world of Dr. Strange.

nuday

Golden Squire
The whole movie was an anti-climax. Whiplash was underutilized, Hammer was comedic relief and never a threat, and the poisoning was easily rectified. The whole thing felt like a set-up for the Avengers and Iron Man 3 without any real meat within. Still a better movie than most comic related properties based on talent alone.
This was my problem with Captain America. That movie felt like it had no point other than to set up for Avengers. I loved Avengers, but I didn't want to sit through a few hours of Cap being boring to set up for it.

Caliane

you have to understand, studio producers are quite possibly the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet.
Completely made up trending as law.

Tons of magic movies get put out constantly. yet, we keep seeing this insistence on trying to ground the magic in comics in science. Even Thor, and Asgard, was aliens and advanced science.
You can't explain it. there is no logic.

When things like trublood, Twilight are super popular. and are straight up magic.
Starwars, the most popular Sci-fi of all time, was firmly based on MAGIC. and fans even got pissed when the magic was retconned to science.

So yeah, any attempt to say, you can't have magic in this stuff. just slap anyone that says that. its stupid.

At worst, you can do a handwaving, ala Thor, and Clarke. any sufficiently advanced science...