Iron Man 3 [Spoilers Everywhere]

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Rumor is Joss Whedon watched this and is now pissed off because it is too awesome and raises the bar for Avengers 2.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It's interesting that none of the trailers have actually shown what he's fighting. Presumably, its not just a bunch of ragheads with AK-47s.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
It's interesting that none of the trailers have actually shown what he's fighting. Presumably, its not just a bunch of ragheads with AK-47s.
I think they have been showing stuff that has the look of them spoiling the movie for us, but it really isn't. I think some of the "tough fight" bad guys are kinda nameless and have only been shown in super short action scenes that have been cut deliberately to not stand out to much.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
I think they have been showing stuff that has the look of them spoiling the movie for us, but it really isn't. I think some of the "tough fight" bad guys are kinda nameless and have only been shown in super short action scenes that have been cut deliberately to not stand out to much.
I imagine most of the fights will be against henchmen of the Mandarin who have been souped up with Extremis. I kow a lot of people want to see Iron Man fight something other than robots, so normal looking humans do extreme stuff will be pretty cool.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I remember when legos were just geometric blocks and you had to use creativity to build wih them. Nowadays the playsets are so specialized that it seems like there is only 1 real way to build them. Why even make those linked playsets out of legos? They might as well just be little action figures. The building aspect has become pointless.

On topic, the movie looks awesome. Between this and Superman it will be a good summer for comic book fans. I just hope we don't get a massive disappointment like TDKR. Although if one of the two films turns into another TDKR, my money is on Superman.

Fadaar

That guy
I remember when legos were just geometric blocks and you had to use creativity to build wih them. Nowadays the playsets are so specialized that it seems like there is only 1 real way to build them. Why even make those linked playsets out of legos? They might as well just be little action figures. The building aspect has become pointless.

On topic, the movie looks awesome. Between this and Superman it will be a good summer for comic book fans. I just hope we don't get a massive disappointment like TDKR. Although if one of the two films turns into another TDKR, my money is on Superman.
The Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series would like to have a word with you.

I would guess that his spoiler was
Pepper Potts in an Iron Man suit
but that was already in a trailer, wasn't it?

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Ya it was. Surprised me when I saw the box this weekend. Was that shit in the trailers? I try to avoid trailers in general to not auto spoil too much shit.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
What's this bullshit with Disney?!
As of right now you can't purchase tickets for Iron Man 3 and may not be showing. I prepurchased mine for the midnight IMAX showing. A week away from release and they pull this shit?!

Marvel fans' plans to watchIron Man 3on opening weekend may be stymied by a dispute between Disney and the country's two biggest movie theater chains, AMC and Regal. The exhibitors have halted advance ticket sales of the Marvel Studios sequel in response to an argument over how box office revenue is split.
If a resolution is not reached,Iron Man 3may not play at all on AMC and Regal's combined 800+ theaters nationwide. And even if it is, missing so many days of pre-sales could take a big bite out ofIron Man 3's opening weekend box office.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
All the power lay with AMC imo, Disney needs them more then AMC needs Disney. If this was some small chain that would be one thing but you're looking at 1/5 of their screens going away if they don't pull their heads out of their asses.

Cor_sl

shitlord
I disagree. What is AMC going to do? Not carry Disney movies anymore? That means no Marvel, no Pixar, no Star Wars, no Pirates, etc. Those are some huge franchises that generate a lot of income.

The international market is becoming increasingly more important than the US market each year, too, which obviously weakens the power of the US cinema chains.

If AMC does decide to hold out, they'll only be shooting themselves in the foot. Disney is going to come out of this fine in the long run, regardless of what happens with Iron Man 3.