Iron Man 3 [Spoilers Everywhere]

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I know late to the party, but I finally saw this last night.

I never liked the mandarin in the comics (powers rings are gay if not from OA) and had been spoiled that he was a front only so his char getting gutted for the movie did not bother me. What bothered me is that Tony with no armor seemed to have a ton of opportunity to suit up at multiple points in the movie but never did.

Based on the ending and avengers it seems like almost any suit can fly to him and equip itself, yet why did he not use the house party (or 1 of the suits) to hook himself up when he was at his home and it was getting destroyed. Why wait for pepper to no longer use a weaponless, flightless (kinda) prototype when he had his full arsenal ready to go. When in Tennessee are you telling me he could not had made a phonecall to Jarvis home base to fly him out some gear? He flew it out to save the president, why not to save himself? I am under the impression the suits are powered by an arc reactor, but he can charge them up with a car battery now? As other posters have said, he can take a tank blast, but not a big rig ?

Of course the other problem which is never going to get fixed and only get worse as more movies are coming out, President gets kidnapped by terrorists yet Shield is no where to be found??

The movie was entertaining, and over all I enjoyed It, but it is my least fav of all the Marvel flicks by far.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
saw it yesterday.
worse than 2 ffs
and that kid...why he didn't die?soooooooo annoying...

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I finally watched this last night, and actually enjoyed it quite a bit. The changing abilities of various suits seemed a little weird, but the Mandarin was funny and I enjoyed the extremis enemies. B+ overall.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Just watched this. What a piece of shit. I cant believe this garbage raked in over a billion dollars.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a 13 minute short about Trevor Slattery(the Mandarin actor played by Ben Kingsley) in prison on the Thor DVD extras. It's mildly amusing and somewhat interesting for the future.

It's out there on torrent sites. "All Hail the King" is the title.

For folks that don't want to watch

Lots of folks in jail love Trevor and are protecting him. He's a big celebrity there.

Someone is making a documentary about him, there to film the last interview. Turns out The Ten Rings terrorist organization still exists and is pissed at him. Then it turns out the interviewer is one of them. He pulls out a gun and kills everyone except Trevor. They're breaking him out to go see "the man you were impersonating". So The Mandarin is real.

During the credits you see Justin Hammer is in the same prison, but that part was just comic relief funny stuff.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
^^^

rrr_img_61128.jpg

Fadaar

That guy
There's a 13 minute short about Trevor Slattery(the Mandarin actor played by Ben Kingsley) in prison on the Thor DVD extras. It's mildly amusing and somewhat interesting for the future.

It's out there on torrent sites. "All Hail the King" is the title.

For folks that don't want to watch

Lots of folks in jail love Trevor and are protecting him. He's a big celebrity there.

Someone is making a documentary about him, there to film the last interview. Turns out The Ten Rings terrorist organization still exists and is pissed at him. Then it turns out the interviewer is one of them. He pulls out a gun and kills everyone except Trevor. They're breaking him out to go see "the man you were impersonating". So The Mandarin is real.

During the credits you see Justin Hammer is in the same prison, but that part was just comic relief funny stuff.
Why in the fuck was that not in the goddamn movie?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Still waiting for Trevor to be a clone of the real thing, or all of this just being part of Mandarin's plan as he's broken out and dons his rings - just so Kingsley can remain playing the character.

Killian even had the Mandarin tattoos though :/

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
Cause they didnt want to officially announce Iron Man 4 yet maybe?
I don't think there will be an Iron Man 4. They wrapped up everything in this one. RDJ is signed on for Avengers 2 & 3, and that's it. Probably for the best. Bring him around for Avengers flicks and then introduce new characters with their own trilogies.

Maybe Ant-Man can take over the "technology" aspect of the MCU.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Just did my first re-watch of this movie tonight.

And it falls short as a re-watch mostly due to the whole knowledge that he has a basement full of fully functioning suits. So as I watch the film now, I know that and the film suffers from that.

All the stuff in the little town in Tennessee where he can't charge that suit, plus being attacked there by extremis soldiers. He suffers panic attacks due to his now heightened (whatever it is) awareness of mortality ( not really sure) Then doing a raid of the compound where the Mandarin is and going in there with some garage built weapons. All of that makes no sense - he could have called those suits.

Plus, I think the "Everything wrong with . . ." Youtube guys pointed out, by this stage he's a member of the Avengers and friend of SHIELD, he could also have called in some help from them.

It's a shame as RDJ does do such a good job of playing the character.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Or he wanted to just be less reliant on the suit and get by on his own ingenuity as a challenge / therapy session / validation exercise. And Tony Stark, call for help? Come on now.

Not that I think a movie where Iron Man barely uses his suit was a good idea. Especially after The Avengers had him going toe to toe with Thor.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, as a story it was great, though flawed. as an ironman movie it was very wtf. the saving grace is that RDJ is awesome.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I agree that the fact that Tony had the Iwin button in his back pocket and did not use even under multiples close attempts on his life (with innocents at risk) by superhumans urked me way more that the fake Mandarin.

I dont know much about PTSD, but it does not make sense to that a dude who has panic attacks after going through life threatening situations would go out of his way to make himself more vulnerable. He also put a lot of effort to try and fix that one suit in a damn barn. It would make a ton more sense to just get jarvis to send out a new suit to TN. I would be way more Jaded if RDJ was not so damn good as Tony Stark.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just did my first re-watch of this movie tonight.

And it falls short as a re-watch mostly due to the whole knowledge that he has a basement full of fully functioning suits. So as I watch the film now, I know that and the film suffers from that.

All the stuff in the little town in Tennessee where he can't charge that suit, plus being attacked there by extremis soldiers. He suffers panic attacks due to his now heightened (whatever it is) awareness of mortality ( not really sure) Then doing a raid of the compound where the Mandarin is and going in there with some garage built weapons. All of that makes no sense - he could have called those suits.

Plus, I think the "Everything wrong with . . ." Youtube guys pointed out, by this stage he's a member of the Avengers and friend of SHIELD, he could also have called in some help from them.

It's a shame as RDJ does do such a good job of playing the character.
Did you not rewatch the part where he couldn't get at his army of suits because there was a ton of concrete on them? Because as soon as that construction crew removed it he called them in.