Iron Man 3 [Spoilers Everywhere]

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I am still a bit confused by the decision to release this wide internationally more than a week before releasing in North America. I suppose it was done to try and offset piracy with the belief that the American Consumer would rather wait and see it in glorious digitally projected splendor, but it still feels weird to see the world discussing an American picture that I can't go down the street and watch.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah throw me in on the /boggle on American movies about American comic book heroes, made by an American movie studio, blah blah blah 'Murica...Is released in everywhere but not the US ville first.

I mean wouldn't it make sense to just release the movie everywhere at the same time? That would probably reduce piracy the most.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I am still a bit confused by the decision to release this wide internationally more than a week before releasing in North America. I suppose it was done to try and offset piracy with the belief that the American Consumer would rather wait and see it in glorious digitally projected splendor, but it still feels weird to see the world discussing an American picture that I can't go down the street and watch.
Part of it is that the U.S. market used to be bigger than the rest of the world combined. But that's changed now. It used to be movies were released in the U.S. and then trickled out to the rest of the world. But more and more movies are doing the opposite
frown.png

frown.png

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
I wanted to see this, so no matter what the reviews would of been I still would of gone.

And there are a lot of very positive movie reviews out there. But on reading a few more closley they treat the source material like shit and they like this more because it is closer to a generic action flick rather than a comic book based movie.

I will point out the poster who liked this, liked it more than the Avengers. I thought the Avengers was an awesome movie and set a whole new benchmark.

And I will repeat my earlier statement. If you like this you really don't like comic book based movies.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
If you like this you really don't like comic book based movies.
Yes, because one is exclusive to the other.
rolleyes.png

I'm a huge Iron Man mark and he could be wearing a pink tutu and sparkling hulu hoop that played mary had a little lamb and as long as it was somehow an entertaining movie I'd still like it based simply on that alone while at the same time still loving the Iron Man comics.

rolleyes.png

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
Yes, because one is exclusive to the other.
rolleyes.png

I'm a huge Iron Man mark and he could be wearing a pink tutu and sparkling hulu hoop that played marry had a little lamb and as long as it was somehow an entertaining movie I'd still like it based simply on that alone while at the same time still loving the Iron Man comics.
I do reserve the right to be totally wrong.

rolleyes.png

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I could understand wanting to avoid releasing in the U.S. today if there was a major release they were avoiding to have maximum impact... but there isn't. They could have had this weekend and the entire first half of may completely to themselves. As it is they got two weeks until they collide with Star Trek and even Great Gatsby might bleed off some ticket sales on May 10th...

Its open in motherfucking MEXICO before the U.S.? Jesus Christ Disney, what the fuck.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
That's straight bull shit bros, it's a good thing I don't give a fuck.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Just came back from watching it. I've enjoyed it very much and is a worthy addition to the Iron Man series. I put it above IM2 but below IM1. It is one of the better movies I've seen this year so far.

Holy shit, is Paltrow really 40 years old? She has a fine body

RDJ is such a goddamn good actor

I give it 7.5/10

Szlia

On a somewhat related note, why is she consistently at the top of the 'most hated celebrities' lists? Is it because of her snack recipes book for billionaire?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
at some point she said some shit about America and how England and France were better or something, I'm not sure exactly.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Up next: Marvel launches Captain America 2 overseas first, and then the U.S. later.

Malkav

French Madman
Up next: Marvel launches Captain America 2 overseas first, and then the U.S. later.
Oh come on, stop being all sandy vagina about it.

The problem is not where it is released first, the problem is WHY THE FUCK IN THIS DAY AND AGE CAN'T THEY DO SIMULTANEOUS RELEASES EVERYWHERE FOR FUCK SAKE?!