Irvine Texas

Vinen

God is dead
Going in a week. Will be alone for one night so going to look for a place to eat. Any suggestions?

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Ok, well the northern part of Irving along 114 is called Las Colinas and is a tech hub/area in DFW. There's all kinds of restaurants there, but the fancy places are primarily in downtown/uptown dallas about 10 miles away.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
As Cad said, nothing to do in Irving except eat at Chili's, slum around gas stations, and hit the strip mall. Take an Uber into Uptown.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Haha I don't think its that bad in Las Colinas but Vinen probably wants the Nick & Sam's or Stephan Pyles type places.

Vinen

God is dead
Haha I don't think its that bad in Las Colinas but Vinen probably wants the Nick & Sam's or Stephan Pyles type places.
Nick & Sams looks good. Pretty much just looking for a decent 20-30$ plate type restaurant.

Probably grab a uber and go to Uptown. Hotel may as well be on the airport.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Nick & Sams looks good. Pretty much just looking for a decent 20-30$ plate type restaurant.

Probably grab a uber and go to Uptown. Hotel may as well be on the airport.
I prefer Eddie-V's over Nick and Sam's, but it's a matter of personal taste.

IMHO food is better at Eddie-V's and it's a more serene atmosphere. Nick and Sam's is thunderously loud/crowded, has a slightly douchy feel to it, but is packed with female eye candy on a Saturday night. Not sure if they still have the same Sommelier as when I went last, but she was a 6'2" drop dead gorgeous amazon in a cocktail dress.

Vinen

God is dead
I prefer Eddie-V's over Nick and Sam's, but it's a matter of personal taste.

IMHO food is better at Eddie-V's and it's a more serene atmosphere. Nick and Sam's is thunderously loud/crowded, has a slightly douchy feel to it, but is packed with female eye candy on a Saturday night. Not sure if they still have the same Sommelier as when I went last, but she was a 6'2" drop dead gorgeous amazon in a cocktail dress.
May check out Eddie-V's. Prices look pretty decent. Defiantly like the idea of it not being fucking loud as shit.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
As stated above, Irving sucks ass. I work here and I hate it but the pay is good.

Check outJack Mac's Swill n Grillfor a taste of Texas only beers and fantastic food. It's maybe a 20 minute drive from Irving but better than anything that's offered in the area. EDIT: They also keep their beer menu up to date on their website so if you're looking to try something specific.

There is also a Japanese arcade at the Grapevine Mills Mall callRound 1and isn't far from Irving. I haven't seen a mall that packed since the late 90's. The Mario Kart with an actual steering wheel is so much better.

Not sure what else you're into but let me know if you want some more stellar food options.