Is a hot dog a sandwich

Is a hot dog a sandwich?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Hot dog bun is a single piece of bread and therefore not a sandwich is my vote. If you break it in half into two pieces, then yes.

Don't you have better things to do like confront that big smilin' reporter?

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 3 users

Goatface

burger
1628898709560.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Hot dog bun is a single piece of bread and therefore not a sandwich is my vote. If you break it in half into two pieces, then yes.

Don't you have better things to do like confront that big smilin' reporter?
This is so so stupid. Is a sub not a sandwich? Is a hamburger a sandwich then?

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 3 users

wellijustdontknow

Trakanon Raider
Holy fuckin' WOW. I thought that you all had reached the apex of assheadedness, but here we are. It's a simple definition. Just because the bread is still joined doesn't mean that it doesn't meet the criteria. Fuck!!

• 7Like
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
if hot dogs were a sandwich they would be classified as a hot sandwich, but its just a hot dog probably due to its size. a hot dog is more of a "snack", while a sandwich can be an entire meal. i dont think you could use the reasoning as one piece of bread, peanut butter sandwiches are often just one piece of bread, open faced sandwiches is just one piece of bread. a sliced roll makes sandwiches the majority of the time.

• 2Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Meat plus any bread is a fucking sandwich. Now you can call this a hoagie, sub, open face whatever, its still meat and bread with shit between. I would even consider pita shit in this category. Shit like shwarma. They even call it a "shwarma sandwich" on the menu.

Dumplings? not so much. Its not really bread is it? Taco? Not really but it could be if its soft, but this is a gray area. Its also not really a bread if it does not have yeast. But again, this is a gray area.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
How does one define a salad? Chef salad, tuna salad and fruit salad. The only commonality is they have more than 1 ingredient.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
How does one define a salad? Chef salad, tuna salad and fruit salad. The only commonality is they have more than 1 ingredient.
Its a broad definition what a salad is....

A salad is a dish consisting of mixed pieces of food, typically with at least one raw ingredient. They are often dressed, and typically served at room temperature or chilled, though some can be served warm.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Meat plus any bread is a fucking sandwich. Now you can call this a hoagie, sub, open face whatever, its still meat and bread with shit between. I would even consider pita shit in this category. Shit like shwarma. They even call it a "shwarma sandwich" on the menu.

Dumplings? not so much. Its not really bread is it? Taco? Not really but it could be if its soft, but this is a gray area. Its also not really a bread if it does not have yeast. But again, this is a gray area.
according to the internet, and the internet doesnt lie, a hot dog is not a sandwich, a hot dog is a hot dog. for reasons.
but seriously, there are just as many claims that it is a sandwich from other sites. i will stick with a hot dog being a hot dog, i associate it with baseball, carnivals and food carts in the NYC area. sandwiches are what i have had for lunch in school, work or at home my entire life.

• 1Like
  • 1Slow

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I am open to more examples. My word is truth.

Edit: also none of those are sandwiches.

• 1Supertaster
  • 1Like