IS HBO gonna get shafted by AT&T?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hopefully they can that ass clown Bill Maher.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
I only like Bill Maher when there's a Democrat in office. He's intolerable otherwise.

• 3Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Honestly, HBO needs to be expanded or they need to spin the HBO TV dept off into its own studio and put it out of its misery. Who actually watches anything other than their TV shows any longer? They have all sorts of old movies around, but nothing that you can't get elsewhere. I actually could care less what happens to the HBO brand besides keeping their TV department intact and updating their app to work better. I'm sure AT&T sees the subscription numbers for Netflix month over month and is incredibly interested in making sure that HBO has enough content to keep their viewers from only subscribing to watch GoT or Westworld.

Ladro

Anomaly
“I want more hours of engagement,” Stankey said. “Why are more hours of engagement important? Because you get more data and information about a customer that then allows you to do things like monetize through alternate models of advertising as well as subscriptions, which I think is very important to play in tomorrow’s world.”

Yeah... HBO is going to produce a whole lot more of shit content with this guy in charge. This sucks.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like he's going to use the EA playbook. Buy quality brand, pump out lot's of garbage using quality brand name, and toss it in the dumpster when the brand has lost all value. Bonus round: call your fans racist and misogynist when people start to complain.

spronk

FPS noob
if they give HBO tons of money to build out hundreds of hours of programming per month maybe we could all pitch shows to HBO

"Its a show about a bunch of losers who band together online to fight dragons. Over the 10 year arc, we watch them grow old and too crippled to actually kill anything, so they just post tits"

"its a show about a beautiful woman who fucks every man she can, but she has a secret that is unveiled at the season finale. She has... A DICK. Every season is an anthology and brings in a new beautiful woman who pretty much does the same thing"

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The talent will just leave and start something new. It might take a while, but the customers may win in the end.

velk

Trakanon Raider
HBO made, what, 6 billion profit in the last few years, mostly from GoT.

Imagine how much more money they could have made if instead of GoT, they had ten 20 min episode teen dramas and 200/week hours of reality TV !

This is pretty much the level of genius that came up with the SyFy wrestling channel.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Typical garbage CEO type strat.. Take something nice produce pure shit garbage for a period of time. Profits rise in the short term CEO looks like a genius, few years later the whole thing starts to implode down the shitter. Pure failure cunt CEO golden parachutes away lands new job citing the rise in profit during this term. Rinse repeat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
*gently strokes HBO's cheek* "We'll always have the memories of tits and saying Fuck as much as we want" *turns around and walks away*

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Meh, doom and gloom bullshit. Problem with HBO is they have like 4-5 products worth watching, 2 of which are old and no longer produced. Worth $20/month? Yeah, no. when GoT wraps up most of those peeps sticking around paying the $20/month will be gone too. Sorry, but westworld is no GoT.

So yeah, they need to expand their shit if they want people to stick around. just like all the other main streaming services are doing. Pumping in Billions to make new proprietary exclusive content.

Actually this is a prime spot to be in right now. Because as far as im concerned Netflix is not pumping out quality shit lately. And with Obummer on the board I bet we start getting more faggy progressive dumb shit more and more. The Marvel shit is all overdone and shows are getting stale too. Prime spot to swoop in with some good original shit and take over. But thay are not going to do it with 2 premiere shows one of whch is taking a 2 yr hiatus and almost over.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
They do need a new flagship drama. GoT is ending and has gone downhill and I may have lost complete interest in Westworld. Their comedy game is strong though - Veep might be my favorite comedy show on TV and Barry is the new standout of the year. I watched some of Succession and it's OK, but I can't relate to any of the characters which I think is the point. I don't like anyone on the show.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I watched some of Succession and it's OK, but I can't relate to any of the characters which I think is the point. I don't like anyone on the show.
This is exactly how I felt about Westworld.