It really sucks we cannot jump into voice in console. Gaming might be tuned out for good. Struggles of the legacy gamers”

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I’m sure we have all been there.

Wife falls asleep. Married at first sight is over on DVR. Fully charged controllers and a fully charged headset. “Let’s go ...........................”

DO JACK SHIT

Because the most vital of all aspects of gaming, joining friends or just dumping fuck bombs poetically on loser fucking millennial pussies in a party chat, is GONE because the Sony thought police took it away.

Folks. We are living in a time where we cannot even have fun anymore at anyone else’s expense because God fucking forbid if they aren’t laughing their ass off they can’t hit a fucking button and go to their God Damn puppy petting therapy Dog group in another chat channel.

I personally am so fucking sick of this tail wagging the Dog shit in gaming I am about to say fuck it, and watch below deck reruns for the rest of my days.

When are we going to take this shit back and tell those fucking nut fuck ass hats we own their business with our wallets!

Let’s go!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Damn right.(thanks I’m so fucking old I have to edit my own rants)

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Wait, so a thing that was normal, and taught millions & millions of children that the world has plenty of assholes, and how to effectively deal with them, laugh at them, or ignore them, is going away because the current generation is super sensitive? Not only that, it's actually a "SAFE" method to do so, as your feelings and pride are the only thing at risk.

I can't wait until the next generation turns mostly into serial killers and rapists. Thanks faggots.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I can't wait 'till they start with their therapy shit. "Oh, I'm sorry Timmy, you lost... How does that make you feel? Here's a trophy."

I was talking to a school psychologist the other day, she a good friend of mine. Anyway, she was bitching about her job, and all she said was "Yah, I have to go and attend this conference of this kid, whose brother just killed himself. I'm just like, 'Get out there'. I mean, he's 8." I knew what she meant by it, she just meant that kids heal more quickly from trauma.

But you know where my mind went right? "Get out there pussy. Man up, stop crying like a little bitch. You're 8 for god's sake. You're not 6."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How's this a new thing? Someone got banned from EQ back in Luclin for calling me a fucked up piece of crap on ooc. I didn't bother reporting him, but according to the GM statement he posted to the ezboard, eight others did. Coincidentally, also a Sony decision.

• 1Weird Boner

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 9 users

spronk

FPS noob
This is

1. stricly a PS4/PS5 problem, not an issue on xbox where it works as before. Same on PC, you can do whatever the fuck you want in steam, discord, etc

2. There is an extra step now on PS4/PS5, its not impossible. While before anyone could join anyones public party if they got an invite or if they are friends, now Sony for some bizarre reason requires an extra step. You have to DM the person you want to invite in a message and then they can join a party off that message.

I'd bet at some point they slowly undo this change, it is super weird and is just extra layers of work for everyone involved for the same functionality. I think message groups are supposed to be a bit more static now like discord channels, so you setup a message group of friends and everyone can party up off that, while before everyone would just party up off friends lists.

Definitely a weird Sony change.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What did they change? I didn't think this rant was triggered by an actual thing but just rambling.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
at this point it's less effort to just say when his behaviour was triggered by sobriety.

• 2Worf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Thanks for reminding me of the wild, wild west of closed betas for World of Warcraft where you could call someone a useless jogger and get away with it. I got banned for three days (over the first weekend after launch, oof) after the game went live not realizing they were going to enforce language rules. DOTA AS in WC3 was also pretty lawless. And LOL for a long while during "beta".

There's a reason they don't mic football players during games.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Back in Vanilla WoW my guild lost so many accounts banned to people getting themselves banned for saying absurdly racist shit, because they couldn't help themselves since we played on Warsong with a bunch of dumbass Brazillians.

We'd have to power level new characters, run them through Dire Maul for gear to get them ready for MC.

By the time we were into BWL people stopped doing this shit thankfully.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Back in Vanilla WoW my guild lost so many accounts banned to people getting themselves banned for saying absurdly racist shit, because they couldn't help themselves since we played on Warsong with a bunch of dumbass Brazillians.

We'd have to power level new characters, run them through Dire Maul for gear to get them ready for MC.

By the time we were into BWL people stopped doing this shit thankfully.
People just dont randomly "spew racist shit" without provocation. They were probably "jajaja"ing and being obnoxious af. Stereotypes support themselves more often than not. It's hard af not to hate chinese players in an online game when they are constantly having to make the game more and more restrictive in order to combat botting from them. Between Brazilians and Chinese players - I dont know which is worse.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Eq bans were retarded as fuck, what kind of retard do you have to be to turn off the bad word filter and then report people for using bad words. If I were a GM I’d use those reports to weed out the retards and ban the people doing the petition

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
What did they change? I didn't think this rant was triggered by an actual thing but just rambling.

previously you could browse party chats, you'd see any that anyone on your friends list was in. For some bizarre reason they closed this off, you can no longer "peek" at open party chats but instead have to get explicitly invited to them via direct messages, I don't think there is even a "invite X to party chat" option. It feels like a half step towards something Sony is building, but they forgot the second step of making more open invites/exploring/etc.

If you have a fairly static group and just keep an open party chat always open I think literally nothing changes, but if you jump in and out a lot its probably not at all like before. I think one "fix" is to create a group message chat and then everyone in that chat can join each others open parties, but I honestly haven't used party chat since Destiny 1 days on PS4 so i dont really give a shit or care. I almost never play games anymore that require voice.