IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So someone (probably tyen) ordered 2 ps4 gift cards on my amazon account yesterday.

They didn't change any passwords or anything and the orders didn't go through so it all seems fine but somewhat retarded.

Can you help me understand how my login would get used, and they'd just fail to order gift cards and not do anything else?

Any advice on stuff i should change now? I don't use that password for anything else.
go get last pass and set it up.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>

Speak for yourself I have 2 motions to file by midnight tonight. I should shitpost less and draft more.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Speak for yourself I have 2 motions to file by midnight tonight. I should shitpost less and draft more.
Just wing it and shitdraft.

Also, finished up 75% of paperwork I needed to get all my funds out for FY17.

Going ti be a slow year...

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Just wing it and shitdraft.

Also, finished up 75% of paperwork I needed to get all my funds out for FY17.

Going ti be a slow year...

Nah bro I have 2 associates doing the shitdrafting, I have to do the shit-fixing. And one of them went to Harvard

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
SnCcn5m.gif

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Apparently we're finally getting the new hire that we've been stringing along, yay for a couple hours of setting up user accounts and skipping meetings.

Shitpost.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Inexperienced or dumbassery?

Nah they are smart. At big firms everyone that works here is highly intelligent because we only hire from the top schools and the top grads from those schools. They just need to learn how and when to make certain arguments, how to really pull persuasive facts together, and write concisely. I end up letting them draft a motion then I'll cut a lot of shit they did in half and bulk the key parts up. Learning whats key and whats not takes a while.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Apparently we're finally getting the new hire that we've been stringing along, yay for a couple hours of setting up user accounts and skipping meetings.

Shitpost.
My last company strung me along 2 months before hiring me, I should have taken it as a sign for how shitty the place was. Never again will I let a company do that.

Vinen

God is dead
Nah they are smart. At big firms everyone that works here is highly intelligent because we only hire from the top schools and the top grads from those schools. They just need to learn how and when to make certain arguments, how to really pull persuasive facts together, and write concisely. I end up letting them draft a motion then I'll cut a lot of shit they did in half and bulk the key parts up. Learning whats key and whats not takes a while.

This logic works great in the legal industry but falls flat on its face in the Software Industry. Seen so many MIT grads who are utterly useless when faced with real-world business requirements.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well of course if you're a new grad you know nothing about business requirements. MIT all the way down to community colleges.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Kinda like a new law grad that we pay $180k now to for first years that can't draft basic discovery. Everyone requires training. It's the smart ones that pick it up fast and don't make the same mistakes over and over.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's weird here getting used to not being able to download anything without authorization.

Even things like putty are in a giant form and we only get specific versions we can get that have been vetted. Different than before when I just downloaded whatever I wanted generally.

And using an old ass version of IE as the only browser we can use....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You should be a smartass and remind them how many of those "vetted" things in the past had heartbleed.

Ugh, god, fucking government customers...how old IE?