IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

Vinen

God is dead
Picked up Ada and Java. First assignment is in Java which is nice, but no one documented how to setup the code base and IDE so I'm having a ton of fun.

I am the youngest dude here for sure.

You found your R6 Sigma project I see.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Picked up Ada and Java. First assignment is in Java which is nice, but no one documented how to setup the code base and IDE so I'm having a ton of fun.

I am the youngest dude here for sure.
It's like the entire defense industry didn't hire anyone for a 20 year span where I am

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
ya, welcome to training...depending on side of the fence it gets worse. GL!
Cant imagine working from home, it would be spending too much time on a project or nothing done at all. Home, Computer, Internets = time warp into the future without you knowing about it.

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Lawyer with programming and database skills is terrifying.
Such a lawyer will ( I sincerely HOPE!) also be a shoe in for a judges position to hear all these terrible IP cases in the future. I wish more people would (and could afford) to take the cross disciplinary plunge like Cad, the education system is much too specialized and world much too complicated. The damn IT industry moves so freaking fast, it will be nice to eventually have some judges on the bench that were born AFTER the the birth of darpanet and introduction of personal computers.

Oh, in my view Cads combination of skills is not terrifying at all, I can see it leading us all to a glorious future!

Imagine Cad in a nice Full Bottom Wig, all grown up and grizzled now..... leveling from Wow noobie to Foh veteran to.... Rerolled.... Rererolled..... to election as Ubah FoH Forum Judgerator extraordinaire .....all the way to Supreme Court Judge!!

Sitting @ home in his work study crapper, starting to boot Virtual Supreme Court v 4 as he sits on the throne, activating *live* feed of his holodeck, the crapper walls turn from pink unicorns into a virtual court room. Our Intellectual Property Justice Warrior, his scientia potentia est motto embazoned on his robe, right over his heart and the <3 Trex tattoo, he judiciously ponders "Knowledge is powah!" as he prepares to rule in the case of celebrity IP infringement case:

Foh et all vs Requiem 2056.

Who owns the data and has the right to exploit it for profit to market to our children and grandchildren 40 years from now! Can our grandkids quote the wisdom of Furor the Holy rants for free or should they have to pay a retroactive Quoting Tax now that FoH has FINALLY bought the ANCIENT original FoH SCSI I data drive...... Requiem thinks he is owed 50 Digi-turd-lets per quote up to the second the diginal ink dried on the 1st of January 2056, then all proceeds feed the Fires of Heaven.....

You ready Cad?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Such a lawyer will ( I sincerely HOPE!) also be a shoe in for a judges position to hear all these terrible IP cases in the future. I wish more people would (and could afford) to take the cross disciplinary plunge like Cad, the education system is much too specialized and world much too complicated. The damn IT industry moves so freaking fast, it will be nice to eventually have some judges on the bench that were born AFTER the the birth of darpanet and introduction of personal computers.

Oh, in my view Cads combination of skills is not terrifying at all, I can see it leading us all to a glorious future!

Imagine Cad in a nice Full Bottom Wig, all grown up and grizzled now..... leveling from Wow noobie to Foh veteran to.... Rerolled.... Rererolled..... to election as Ubah FoH Forum Judgerator extraordinaire .....all the way to Supreme Court Judge!!

Sitting @ home in his work study crapper, starting to boot Virtual Supreme Court v 4 as he sits on the throne, activating *live* feed of his holodeck, the crapper walls turn from pink unicorns into a virtual court room. Our Intellectual Property Justice Warrior, his scientia potentia est motto embazoned on his robe, right over his heart and the <3 Trex tattoo, he judiciously ponders "Knowledge is powah!" as he prepares to rule in the case of celebrity IP infringement case:

Foh et all vs Requiem 2056.

Who owns the data and has the right to exploit it for profit to market to our children and grandchildren 40 years from now! Can our grandkids quote the wisdom of Furor the Holy rants for free or should they have to pay a retroactive Quoting Tax now that FoH has FINALLY bought the ANCIENT original FoH SCSI I data drive...... Requiem thinks he is owed 50 Digi-turd-lets per quote up to the second the diginal ink dried on the 1st of January 2056, then all proceeds feed the Fires of Heaven.....

You ready Cad?

Okay, THAT shit was fucking frightening.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
In Texas they're contracted to dismantle retired nuclear weapons, or used to be at least.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So someone (probably tyen) ordered 2 ps4 gift cards on my amazon account yesterday.

They didn't change any passwords or anything and the orders didn't go through so it all seems fine but somewhat retarded.

Can you help me understand how my login would get used, and they'd just fail to order gift cards and not do anything else?

Any advice on stuff i should change now? I don't use that password for anything else.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
So someone (probably tyen) ordered 2 ps4 gift cards on my amazon account yesterday.

They didn't change any passwords or anything and the orders didn't go through so it all seems fine but somewhat retarded.

Can you help me understand how my login would get used, and they'd just fail to order gift cards and not do anything else?

Any advice on stuff i should change now? I don't use that password for anything else.

Drink less alcohol.