IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Mist Mist - you don't even have to mention politics to set these kinds of psychos off. They are everywhere and not just in HR.

media_FUmUGi3VsAAKflH.jpg

Screenshot_20220608-090212~2.png

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
No matter how many books you read or certs you get, you won't be able to problem solve like a man. Have fun living with that.

• 2Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Sorry honey, it's science

There's no books on innate problem solving either so ur double fucked

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Sorry honey, it's science

There's no books on innate problem solving either so ur double fucked
Oh, you're one of those people that's an asshole and hard to work in a ploy to get people to think that you must actually be smart while accomplishing little and just skating by until you get bounced out to the next job.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
No I had #3 most code contributions since the company was founded and highest amount of verified billable hours by a landslide.

I'm just being an asshole for no reason back at this point.

See if they'll hire u for Diablo IV. This last one is not a troll.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
What video?

These people are ALL over tech, and will quickly identify you as not one of them (I mean, you can tell they're one of em and they can tell you aren't).

Combine that with them being all over HR, and you'll enter the realm of dread if you aren't cuck blooded.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The cat's out of the bag, these people are corrupting work environments esp tech like u cant believe

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
According to some YouTube videos, that ugly punchable retard got fired.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Amazon recruiter contacted me about a 300k job. Big tech is really going big on salaries in this environment. I agree to talk to them about it and they send me a package that includes like 2 hours of coding exercises and who knows how many (3-4?) hours of recommended prep work.

Fuck. Off.

You know who has time and desire to do that shit? Unemployed people.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is this a Vinen humble brag? We haven't had one of those in a while.

I mean, that much prep work isn't nothing. But I don't know what job opening doesn't have at least an hour of coding work as part of the interview. So...300k isn't much of an upgrade?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Is this a Vinen humble brag? We haven't had one of those in a while.

I mean, that much prep work isn't nothing. But I don't know what job opening doesn't have at least an hour of coding work as part of the interview. So...300k isn't much of an upgrade?

A year ago it would have been a humble brag but right now salaries are all over the place, even remote- anyone with decent skills, good communication, good work ethic, etc. should be able to make 150k+ base with a little searching.

The Amazon range is admittedly pretty high for remote work, though. It would be a pretty nice step up for me but I'm not interested in doing all of that work before I've even spoken to a hiring manager.

Meh, maybe I am just lazy.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
A year ago it would have been a humble brag but right now salaries are all over the place, even remote- anyone with decent skills, good communication, good work ethic, etc. should be able to make 150k+ base with a little searching.

The Amazon range is admittedly pretty high for remote work, though. It would be a pretty nice step up for me but I'm not interested in doing all of that work before I've even spoken to a hiring manager.

Meh, maybe I am just lazy.
Nah, I got ya. I've backed out of interviews because I didn't feel like traveling.

300k would be hard to turn down just the attempt at it, even if I was happy at my current job and salary. Even if it was from Amazon.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Any offers from Amazon throw them on the trash and light them on fire.

On the past they love to offer stock options valuable at a certain amount.... but you only get them if you stay x amount of years, like a vested amount.

So you will get your standard base salary and as additional compensation you'll get all the other sweet stuff, but you only cash out if you stay a long period of time.

In addition to that it used to be described as a horrible placed to work as a developer, tight deadlines, inflexible managers, crazy requirements.

They also stack rank you.... so they can GTFO to be honest.