Jack the Ripper identified

Chris

Potato del Grande
"...it can be argued that it is hardly conclusive evidence that Kosminski was the Ripper (the DNA of a Whitechapel resident on the belongings of a known Whitechapel prostitute merely proves Kosminski met Eddowes at some point)..."

I guess that they won't get any closer than this unless there are more items from murder scenes with DNA on them. Still it is very compelling circumstantial evidence, especially the murders stopping when he went into the asylum. Fucking polish immigrants again.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
"...it can be argued that it is hardly conclusive evidence that Kosminski was the Ripper (the DNA of a Whitechapel resident on the belongings of a known Whitechapel prostitute merely proves Kosminski met Eddowes at some point)..."

I guess that they won't get any closer than this unless there are more items from murder scenes with DNA on them. Still it is very compelling circumstantial evidence, especially the murders stopping when he went into the asylum. Fucking polish immigrants again.
I would think the chances of a guy visiting one of the killed women, and the murders stopping when he went in the asylum would be pretty low. But at the same time, the article is right; it's hardly conclusive. But it is pretty persuasive!

Other than popularity, there's no point really in solving murders where the perpetrator undoubtedly died 100 years ago. But still fun to know.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
every year they have a new suspect. the last one i heard was a suspected serial killer in the US that the murders stopped here when he moved to london around the time the whitechapel murders started

iannis

Musty Nester
It seems like every 5 years they alternate between "Jack the Rippers identity found" and "Was Shakespeare gay/illiterate/french/really a woman/really an illiterate, gay, french woman???"

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
And he's from Russia originally, proof positive that Araysar is wrong about Russia being great.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Jack_Tripper.jpg

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
It seems like every 5 years they alternate between "Jack the Rippers identity found" and "Was Shakespeare gay/illiterate/french/really a woman/really an illiterate, gay, french woman???"
Just what I was thinking. It's the same with Voyager 1. Almost every fucking year for the past 10 years there's been a "Voyager has finally left our solar system" news story. And on the other end of the spectrum, some twats discover "proof" of Noah's Arc or some shit.

I swear, if you read the news semi-diligently for a decade you start to see a pattern emerge. A pattern that looks somewhat like a steaming pile of bullshit.

Edit: I wonder who they will announce was "definitely" Jack the Ripper a couple of years from now?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The real question should be: why is Jack the Ripper still famous? Children are now beating that score.
has nothing to do with the "score" (dude, The Frighteners is not reality). has everything to do with the killer getting away scot free and confounding the best police force in the world, Scotland Yard. then you add in the juicy details like it possibly being a surgeon or a member of royalty and then you have the brutality of some of those murders. dude was cutting out cunnies by the end of his murder spree. the New York Times at the time called out scotland yard as a bunch of retards basically. it was a worldwide embarrassment. and they never caught him. biggest embarrasment was they locked up evidence for a hundred years so future police force might be able to solve the crime. they opened up the evidence box and shit was all gone. somebody had stolen the evidence long ago.