Jacksonville, Florida

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I don't really know this shithole. Where should I move that is closest to the ocean, and farthest from meth nests and crack dealers as possible. My budget is tops out around 400k give or take, which gives me flexibility, but I'm very okay staying low as long there aren't many of those people. Feel free to donate any random trivia or things to do here.

Siliconemelons

With that budget I would suggest a nice lake house more inward vs. beach house...

However now that I think about it, going into the state more will get you more redneck - you just need to find nice rednecks not meth rednecks.

Generally if you are on the beach and fairly near a city - and in that 300-400 range you are not going to be sitting next to a meth house.

Is your job in Jacksonville city? how far are you willing to drive... again personally I would go buy acreage and all/most of a lake - go a little south west and you should be able to find a lot of options in the 30min - 1hr away range.

If you get a beach house - it requires a lot of up keep because its constantly getting eaten by salt spray etc.

Siliconemelons

like here, 2min on zillow...

hehe I just noticed its technically in waldo.. hehe that place... lol

or for 75k more

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Is your job in Jacksonville city? how far are you willing to drive... again personally I would go buy acreage and all/most of a lake - go a little south west and you should be able to find a lot of options in the 30min - 1hr away range.

If you get a beach house - it requires a lot of up keep because its constantly getting eaten by salt spray etc.

I don't want to live on the ocean, as I'm very aware of how much a pain in the ass it is. Anything ~5-10 mins away is ideal.

I'm also okay with rednecks. I'll fit in easily with my confederate flags and huge gun collection. It's worth noting that my job will generally be to the north of the city. I was looking at yulee in particular and other nearby cities. I am keenly interested in areas to avoid and why.

Siliconemelons

Having spent some time in gainseville - the only "issue" to look out for up there in that area of FL is that you can get really rural really fast - and there is not really anything wrong with that - there are a lot of very good normal but legit very poor people just working hard to live... but you can also find yourself in a pit of meth heads like you said... methheads usually tend to be white trash...and they are as bad as any ghetto.. I would rather live in a community of <15k a year income sustenance farmers than a community of white trash inbred hicks that are poor because its their lifestyle.

I do not really know how to tell one from the other in a general realestate value - but honestly... go to a local school and find a teacher that will tell you the truth- if you have a bunch of poor kids (of every color usually) that value education and hard work, your good... if they don't are are hell spawns, flee.

Generally your price point will keep you insulated from such issues..

However north of Jacksonville.. ehh dunno really.

Fadaar

That guy
My parents lived between downtown and the beach for a while (technically Arlington I guess is the area?) off of Kernan Rd. Was a nice enough suburb-y type area.