Poll January Retro Game of the Month - VOTE now!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

What game should be play for Jan RGOTM?

• Toe Jam & Earl - Genesis

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Sword of Hope - Gameboy

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Phantasy Star 1 - Master System

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Super Mario Land 2: Yoshi's Island - SNES

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Bonk's Adventure - TurboCrapix16

• Wario Land - VirtualBoy

• Plok - SNES

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Donkey Kong Country - SNES

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Metal Gear - NES

Votes: 9 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Siliconemelons

I do not think Noodleface voted for DKC, I am also getting the feeling he enjoys the game even less than I do ;-)

Siliconemelons

The I's have it with Donkey kong Country for the SNES!!!!! (Not n64), narrowly keeping its lead above Phantasy Star 1 by only 1 vote.

Finish up FF1 if you haven't! Prepare for the new year :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The I's have it with Donkey kong Country for the N64, narrowly keeping its lead above Phantasy Star 1 by only 1 vote.

Finish up FF1 if you haven't! Prepare for the new year :)

DKC is snes. The n64 game is ass :(

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Please have instructions or recommendations on emulators to use for best results. Thanks!!

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Please have instructions or recommendations on emulators to use for best results. Thanks!!

I haven't tried an emulator for DKC in a long time but I think both snes9. X and zsnes both run it. I could be wrong though (I have original cart and snes classic).

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
I've got it on the retro pi. Both emulators run it. Went a little early and beat it at 80%. Going to go back and finish it up then on to 2 and 3. Never played 64 version and it seems like I'm not missing out on much.

PunieHop

<Banned>
If you are wanting to do a STON CV game, then I would suggest Order of Ecclesia, it out of all the non-belmont games is great, next I dare say Circle of the Moon.

I also have a soft spot for Harmony of Dissonance as it is essentially CV2 remade as a metroidvania and the cause of me now beating the shit out of every save rooms walls in every game now...
I recently received an Amazon gift card so I used it to buy a used copy of Order of Ecclesia. I loved all the other Metroidvania Castlevanias but OOE eluded me due to its scarcity and inflated asking price. I'm looking forward to diving in once it arrives!

Siliconemelons

I recently received an Amazon gift card so I used it to buy a used copy of Order of Ecclesia. I loved all the other Metroidvania Castlevanias but OOE eluded me due to its scarcity and inflated asking price. I'm looking forward to diving in once it arrives!

Good lord I just looked on amazon, 140$?! WHY? it was a full retail release? was it a small run? or something... heck I have it sitting on a drawer somewhere, I am sure I have the box... heck ill sell it "open" for 50$ LOL

Just looked on ebay, 50-100 for used + box, sheesh...

Just ermm...run it as an emu...maybe emu does not work will with the 2 screens and touch?