Jerle Committed Suicide Today

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Best thing I can say is that he she or it did not take anyone else out with them. If someone wants to check out, especially someone with as much self inflicted baggage as Jerle, then let them do it. The world is a crowded enough place, as it is, without trying to save those who cannot or will not be saved. Everyone has their own demons and has to make their own way, tough as it sounds.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
If you're 30, you were 7 years old when Nevermind came out. Not really the target age. I would say early 40's and late 30's are more the demographic that would be big Nirvana fans. I was/am a fan, but there are much better out there. They were hugely popular though. When I think about what is popular now, it's hard to reconcile that Nirvana was "pop".

iannis

Musty Nester
They were a very different sound. They were part U2 and part Metallica and the lyrics had a broad appeal.

And yeah the songs are good enough. Not timeless masterpieces, but good enough. It's really just the fact that EVERYONE was listening to those songs. And angsty. Oh lord, listen to those songs. They ooze with it. Which if you were 14-17 or so when that album came out... that shit was for you.

It's kinda like how I think Pearl Jam is just atrocious. Just awful. Eveeeenfloooow. I'm on mah peeeer-eeee--oooood. Garbage. But that was the sound for those few years. Nirvana > Pearl Jam. Unless you're some kind of bitch.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
How are you guys so convinced this is real? I haven't heard from the foh/rr bs police confirming veracity yet

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
At the time, it was a complete shaking off of the sanitized hip hop over produced bullshit that flooded the air waves. Basically a massive reaction to end the MC Hammer and Hair Band era. Some of their music has stood up, over time, like Heart Shaped Box and In Bloom, but most of it not so much. I think it is safe to say that Foo Fighters continued success proves that Grohl was the talent behind that band.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How are you guys so convinced this is real? I haven't heard from the foh/rr bs police confirming veracity yet
If you knew anything about Jerle, you probably drew the conclusion that this was the inevitable end to his self inflicted drama ride. I mean, yeah, we don't know for sure, but it is so plausible that it hardly matters even if it is a hoax at this point.

Caliane

Nirvana unplugged in new york was pretty amazing. some real seminal shit for me.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, why didn't Cobain have continued success?
Point of fact, he did, thanks to Love pulling a full on Yoko Ono.

But Grohl has done amazing things with several bands (Queens of the Stone age best album was with him as the drummer) and with differing styles. Nirvana was good, but other grunge bands from that era were better (Pearl Jam, Sound Garden, Alice in Chains) with music that stands up more years later. I can't remember the last time I heard Smells Like Teen Spirit on the radio, but I hear Even Flow, Jeremy, Black Hole Sun, Man in the Box, Heaven Beside You, and so on all the damn time.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

But Grohl has done amazing things with several bands (Queens of the Stone age best album was with him as the drummer) and with differing styles. Nirvana was good, but other grunge bands from that era were better (Pearl Jam, Sound Garden, Alice in Chains) with music that stands up more years later. I can't remember the last time I heard Smells Like Teen Spirit on the radio, but I hear Even Flow, Jeremy, Black Hole Sun, Man in the Box, Heaven Beside You, and so on all the damn time.
What gets played on the radio is a terrible way to determine how good a song is. Fucking horrible shit gets played into infinity on the radio just because it's familiar.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>

I was being facetious, as with Cobain being dead, it's kind of hard to say Grohl was clearly the talent just because Grohl has gone on to be more successful in the following years.

Araysar, I'm saying you aren't white.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Why do you think I'm being even remotely serious?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Also, as someone who was a freshman in high school when Nevermind came out, you have to look at it in the context that it was replacing THIS:

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
dude what? fucking no
Like I said, too judgemental. I'd think that a guy would be able to please another guy way more than a woman. He's had more time with the machinery. Just shut your eyes, and enjoy. A hole is a hole anyway. As long as it's nice and tight, that's all that matters.