Jerle Committed Suicide Today

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
When the long discussion thread was in full swing with Glaive, Jerle and company, this is the sticking point I always hit with them. It wasn't enough to say, "You can do what you want, it's you're life. As long as everyone is a willing participant, it's cool." They wanted approval. Like, "It's great you've chose to live as the opposite gender and are into electro-shocking yourself for sexual pleasure. That's totally cool and normal." At which point they always lost me.

Regardless of our different views and consistent disagreement, I do feel bad for Jerle. It sounds like life got truly awful. RIP.
They're seeking approval because these people are often not getting the level of acceptance from the people around them in real life to meet their emotional needs.

We could be nicer, but we're not going to.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Burden shouldnt fall to a message board to pick up the slack for the shit in their life. Its the entitlement of today. Everyone thinks that if they arent getting the support they need then someone else needs to give it to them.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Honestly, if I had depression or social problems, this community seems like one of the worst places to go.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
They're seeking approval because these people are often not getting the level of acceptance from the people around them in real life to meet their emotional needs.

We could be nicer, but we're not going to.
Fair enough. However, going online with a bunch of strangers, telling them you're into things that society finds odd and expecting them to give you a big thumbs up & pat on the back is setting yourself up for disappointment. I see your point as to WHY they are doing it, but practically, it's bound to backfire.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thank you Erronius! I lost that pic on a dead hard drive a few years ago, I knew you would pull through.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, we don't kill people here. We just drive them off to be miserable elsewhere.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Every time there's a suicide note online in multiple places, it makes me think it's just a huge cry for help. Like others said, if you're going to do it, you would just do it.

I think we need a pic of the body to be sure. No spoilers. Unless she's showing her penis.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
How many doctors would chop off your dick tomorrow if you went into their office and said you want them to do it?

also lol

rrr_img_15.jpg

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Every time there's a suicide note online in multiple places, it makes me think it's just a huge cry for help. Like others said, if you're going to do it, you would just do it.

I think we need a pic of the body to be sure. No spoilers. Unless she's showing her penis.
Did Jerle post his suicide note in multiple places? Christ, what a tool.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Jesus, I didn't see this thread until today. Like Seb said, we gave him a LOT of shit when he was in our guild, and he totally deserved THAT shit, but...nobody should have to do this part :/ I don't care how much of a massive tool you are.