Jerle Committed Suicide Today

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
RIP Jerle. I hope you find what you need in whatever afterlife you're in.

Szlia

There was a lot of trolling and prejudice going on in the threads about transsexualism, but there was still a lot of interesting pieces of information and new perspectives, especially for people like me who have almost no queer people in their circle of friends and, as a result, don't get to discuss these questions with anyone really. So thank you Jerle for these discussions, even if, in the end, they probably did you more harm than good.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
There was a lot of trolling and prejudice going on in the threads about transsexualism, but there was still a lot of interesting pieces of information and new perspectives, especially for people like me who have almost no queer people in their circle of friends and, as a result, don't get to discuss these questions with anyone really. So thank you Jerle for these discussions, even if, in the end, they probably did you more harm than good.
Absolutely true, I wouldn't know much at all about trannies if it wasn't for Jerle.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Poor guy. I still remember when he first came around this circle, in the way back machine. I remember laughing at how desperately he wanted people to acknowledge him as 'cool' or 'uber'. I honestly wanted to laugh out loud, put my arm around him, and say "No, no. You gotta chill out dude." I remember talking to him in IRC one night and not being able to really talk at all. He was so caught up in what everyone else was saying, and thinking, about him, he couldn't... I dunno... 'focus' I suppose. Maybe this was due to chemicals or maybe it was just his nature. Either way I do remember writing him off a goofy little fellah. I guess he's not so little any more. And I still think, occasionally, about encaving skulls with dual wielded bats.

The world is probably a richer one for having had you in it. R.I.P. you odd, odd, man.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Poor guy. I still remember when he first came around this circle, in the way back machine. I remember laughing at how desperately he wanted people to acknowledge him as 'cool' or 'uber'. I honestly wanted to laugh out loud, put my arm around him, and say "No, no. You gotta chill out dude." I remember talking to him in IRC one night and not being able to really talk at all. He was so caught up in what everyone else was saying, and thinking, about him, he couldn't... I dunno... 'focus' I suppose. Maybe this was due to chemicals or maybe it was just his nature. Either way I do remember writing him off a goofy little fellah. I guess he's not so little any more. And I still think, occasionally, about encaving skulls with dual wielded bats.

The world is probably a richer one for having had you in it. R.I.P. you odd, odd, man.
I have a feeling that was a lot of his personality, he really cared about what other people thought of him. He was like that long before he started taking the treatments.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't have anything against suicide itself. I do think its terrible when people feel like suicide is the answer. I wish people wouldn't use guns to do it with. Some poor bastard gets to scrap their left over off the floor and walls. My uncle was an EMT prior to the fire department and he saw some pretty horrific shit.

Farewell Jerle I hope you have found peace at last.

Siliconemelons

I don't have anything against suicide itself. I do think its terrible when people feel like suicide is the answer. I wish people wouldn't use guns to do it with. Some poor bastard gets to scrap their left over off the floor and walls. My uncle was an EMT prior to the fire department and he saw some pretty horrific shit.

Farewell Jerle I hope you have found peace at last.
My friend made quite a mint doing cleanups... he was so happy one day to find a fully intact eyeball...but it was in water and once he picked it up it leaked out...he was disappointed.

Vinen

God is dead
My friend made quite a mint doing cleanups... he was so happy one day to find a fully intact eyeball...but it was in water and once he picked it up it leaked out...he was disappointed.
You're friend sounds awesome.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I had my best friend commit suicide a few years back (Although, he just couldn't handle the stress of impregnating a girl accidentally...)
These people rarely ever ask for help and you often feel regret. I feel bad for the last people he spoke with and about how he talked about suicide.
I could have saved my friends life had I said something...
Suicide is more or less selflessness.
Nothing says selfless like offing yourself because you don't want the responsibility of a child...

Never met a normal well adjusted tranny personally and as a gay guy who hung out in those circles a bit I probably met more than my fair share. I feel for them even though I really don't understand their mentality at all. Might be societal, it is harder for them since straight guys want real girls and gay guys want real unmotivated guys.

Only played a few games with jerle, so didn't know him well but RIP. That makes the second transgender guy I knew online to off themself =/

Krozman

N00b
When City of Heroes launched Jerle was in my guild. He was an emotional mess then. That being said, it feels tragic and I can't relate to it.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
For the record, that in no way represents the professional consensus regarding gender identity disorder. The research I've seen (direct sources) shows an overwhelming reduction in distress following gender reassignment surgery. They aren't "cured," as years of feeling like you have the wrong body, and the fact that society is completely unaccepting of GID at this point in time, ensures a lifetime of distress. But surgery by and large works.

"Transvestite fetishism," aka getting aroused from putting on women's clothes, is a rare and is considered a mental illness. They aren't the same. That's why transvestite is offensive to transgendered people. Transvestitism is an arousal thing.

Suicide is always sad. The most hated kid in my high school killed himself ( in high school). I'm sure he, and jerle, didn't learn how to relate to other people from growing up in a home of abuse, neglect, or mistreatment. Hopefully Goliath finds a better way
How do you measure the placebo effect on something like gender reassignment surgery?

Also how do we know this isnt some dumb stunt for attention?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When City of Heroes launched Jerle was in my guild. He was an emotional mess then. That being said, it feels tragic and I can't relate to it.
I remember when you talked me into joining SF at the entrance of Seb in 1999 lol. Wtf you been up too? Still winning cases?