Jimmy Savile: A British Horror Story

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Jimmy Savile: A British Horror Story

Genre: Documentary

First aired: 2022-04-06

Cast: Jimmy Savile

Overview: Jimmy Savile was one of the United Kingdom’s most beloved TV personalities. Shortly after his death in 2011, an investigation prompted more than 450 horrific allegations of sexual assault and abuse, with victims as young as 5.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

This is out today - if you're not familiar with the story then it's definitely worth watching.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

This is out today - if you're not familiar with the story then it's definitely worth watching.
is that the guy that raped children in hospitals and everyone covered it up for him because he was buddies with those useless royals you people worship?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
is that the guy that raped children in hospitals and everyone covered it up for him because he was buddies with those useless royals you people worship?

yes, and necrophilia as well. It wasn't exactly a "cover up", it was more a case of him hiding in plain sight and using his enormous charity fundraising as cover. It was bizarre because it was always rumoured / open secret that he had certain "proclivities". And he never tried to "Streisand effect" the rumours away, IIRC any questions about his private life were batted away with a wink and a smile. Anyway, I'm explaining too much, should probably watch it for yourself

Louis Theroux interviewed him and this touches on how he was deceived

But yes, it's bizarre how he was able to get away with it because just look at how creepy he is. I guess victims were too afraid to come forward, due to his connections/status, until he died

Edit: the comments on that video are quite revealing:

"My now wife is Polish and when she first came to visit the U.K. and Saville was on something she pointed him out immediately as someone dangerously weird. I chuckled and said he’s just an English eccentric. There’s the trick."

"I think Savile's eccentricity worked both ways for him. It lead people to think he is a bit of a wrong un, but it also meant that when people heard rumours about him they thought 'people are making those up because he is weird and eccentric'."

"When I was 14 yo, I visited my uncle in London along with my family. I told my uncle was a post man, that I wanted to go on Jim'll fix it. My uncle a post man, knew, and told me, I should NEVER do such a thing. People close to Savile must of know!"

I'm pretty sure that my mum said a similar thing, but then she was an Evangelical, paranoid lunatic who once referred to Bill Clinton as a "shagbag" and a British soccer manager as a "paedeophile" with no evidence/explanation

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yes, and necrophilia as well. It wasn't exactly a "cover up", it was more a case of him hiding in plain sight and using his enormous charity fundraising as cover. It was bizarre because it was always rumoured / open secret that he had certain "proclivities". And he never tried to "Streisand effect" the rumours away, IIRC any questions about his private life were batted away with a wink and a smile. Anyway, I'm explaining too much, should probably watch it for yourself

Louis Theroux interviewed him and this touches on how he was deceived

But yes, it's bizarre how he was able to get away with it because just look at how creepy he is. I guess victims were too afraid to come forward, due to his connections/status, until he died

Edit: the comments on that video are quite revealing:

"My now wife is Polish and when she first came to visit the U.K. and Saville was on something she pointed him out immediately as someone dangerously weird. I chuckled and said he’s just an English eccentric. There’s the trick."

"I think Savile's eccentricity worked both ways for him. It lead people to think he is a bit of a wrong un, but it also meant that when people heard rumours about him they thought 'people are making those up because he is weird and eccentric'."

"When I was 14 yo, I visited my uncle in London along with my family. I told my uncle was a post man, that I wanted to go on Jim'll fix it. My uncle a post man, knew, and told me, I should NEVER do such a thing. People close to Savile must of know!"

I'm pretty sure that my mum said a similar thing, but then she was an Evangelical, paranoid lunatic who once referred to Bill Clinton as a "shagbag" and a British soccer manager as a "paedeophile" with no evidence/explanation
is that a Louis Theroux documentary? because i will watch a Louis Theroux documentary.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
bleh, i was hoping it was a new one. that guy made legendary documentaries back in the day. what ever happened to him?

how would it be a new one when the subject has been dead for however many years?

Edit: and he's still around, just did Louis in America - one episode featured Baked Alaska and other alt right types

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Is this going to be one of those kinds of documentaries where we learn how horrible he was and how golly gosh gee whiz just no one important or connected had any idea what was going on?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
bleh, i was hoping it was a new one. that guy made legendary documentaries back in the day. what ever happened to him?

budget and interns. his producers are 18-25 at most and their ideas and depth sucks. BBC has him hiring kids that still appear to be in film school to handle everything pertaining to his show. from the camera, to the stories, to the research and development

hes been pushed to the more fringe channels of the BBC as the budget and viewership waned.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
how would it be a new one when the subject has been dead for however many years?

Edit: and he's still around, just did Louis in America - one episode featured Baked Alaska and other alt right types
oh, so he does shit now. pretty sad. there is no such thing as alt right btw.

budget and interns. his producers are 18-25 at most and their ideas and depth sucks. BBC has him hiring kids that still appear to be in film school to handle everything pertaining to his show. from the camera, to the stories, to the research and development

hes been pushed to the more fringe channels of the BBC as the budget and viewership waned.
he should have left the BBC, gone on his own, he got people to reveal shit about themselves they never intended to disclose and he used to be even handed and asked fair questions.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I used to work with the niece of Jimmy Saville around the time I started out playing EQ.

She was fairly clear in her opinion of him being a very wrong individual.

She mentioned one story of a family visit to his house. According to her he had two jailbait Filipino girls on each side of him and she'd asked, "Uncle, do you ever see yourself getting married?". He replied, "As long as I have money I can always get girls like this so why would I need to?"

So, yeah, his family and presumably many people around him knew the guy was not someone to leave your kids around unattended.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Starting the second episode, if there's anyone who can be said to have made a deal with the devil, then it's him

dizzie

Triggered Happy
It was pretty well known in BBC circles back in the 60s that Savile was a wrong un. My grandparents lived near TV Centre and worked at BBC post war for the remainder of their careers, my grandfather worked directly on Top of the Pops during the 60s right through till the late 70s, that was the main show he worked on for BBC. As he worked on it, my grandfather regularly got tickets for his kids, my dad and uncle. My father recalls Savile being a weirdo/perv and my mother who went to a few shows with my father said he was a leechy pervert who’d practically feel you up on stage.

Whilst I can SORT of understand him getting away with this behaviour in the context of the music scene in the 60s and 70s, the later shit with Leeds General, Stoke Mandeville, Broadmoor and that borstal for girls was horrific.

There were reg flags from the get go with Savile, ultimately nobody did a thing. He was absolutely massive, connected, no question he could fuck damn near anyone over he wanted to and I get the impression he was a vindictive cunt besides the persona we used to see on TV.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I had no idea how deep this rabbit hole went.

I’m not a religious person, but after watching this I hope there is a hell.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This is really fucked up, for all the reasons you would expect it to be fucked up, but also far more fucked up because of the revelations of who was involved.

There will eventually be a Jeffrey Epstein documentary that is equally fucked up for all the same reasons. Someday.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
His response to being dogged by paedeophile rumours was to "jokingly" tell interviewers about his plans to visit girls schools, that his court case was "next Thursday" and other jokes about his degenerate, perverse behaviour that were intended to say "haha I'm cleverer than you". The whole point was to mislead people suspicious into thinking they were barking up the wrong tree

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I had no idea how deep this rabbit hole went.

I’m not a religious person, but after watching this I hope there is a hell.
Now expand this to every single person in power today (pizzagate, et al.), and you're starting to get where I've been for a couple of years now.

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database