Joan Rivers R.I.P

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I couldn't care less about her. I actually kind of hate her tv work criticizing other people, but im sure someone will be sad for it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
At first I was a little sad that she basically died during surgery.. then I read it was elective and couldn't care less. At 81 just stop with the plastic surgery..

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
At first I was a little sad that she basically died during surgery.. then I read it was elective and couldn't care less. At 81 just stop with the plastic surgery..
Was it surgery for cosmetic purposes though? I thought it was for her vocal cords or something. Maybe she couldn't talk anymore or some shit, I dunno. But yeah, my first reaction was basically "that dumb bitch is gonna die because she just had to have one more facelift, how ironic."

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
As a fellow human being im sad somone died who made so many laugh. On the other hand she drove her husband into an early grave and she never struck me as funny, maybe she was just funny for chicks. I found her voice and plastic face annoying and offensive. She wont need an embalmer, plastic doesnt degrade that fast. I hope her daughter will be ok. She was highly dependent on her.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If she had been born 50 years later then she was, been a guy, and played Mmogs, she likely would have had a account here.

RIP

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
She was no Sarah Silverman in terms of comedic quality, but considering she broke into comedy over 50 years ago when it was practically impossible to do so as a female, that in of itself is a large accomplishment, particularly since her flavor of comedy was far from PC. She was also still a firecracker at 81 and actively working, when I can barely see myself being able to walk by that age.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wow, she was just on Stern about a month ago. Sad day. She is one of the greats. I loved that she just didn't give a fuck and just said whatever was on her mind.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
She was no Sarah Silverman in terms of comedic quality, but considering she broke into comedy over 50 years ago when it was practically impossible to do so as a female, that in of itself is a large accomplishment, particularly since her flavor of comedy was far from PC. She was also still a firecracker at 81 and actively working, when I can barely see myself being able to walk by that age.
Yeah, but Sarah Silverman is basically doing what Joan Rivers did with a different flavor. This happens all the time. Like, listen to an old Lenny Bruce comedy album and sure, it's funny, but these guys talk about it like it is the best thing ever and it really isn't. Because we have seen everything that he inspired that came after him. When you're raised on Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle, Richard Pryor isn't all that funny.

She seriously fucking killed it on Louie, though. He made her look really fucking funny.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
As a fellow human being im sad somone died who made so many laugh. On the other hand she drove her husband into an early grave and she never struck me as funny, maybe she was just funny for chicks. I found her voice and plastic face annoying and offensive. She wont need an embalmer, plastic doesnt degrade that fast. I hope her daughter will be ok. She was highly dependent on her.
I read a thread somewhere else about how pretty much all female comedians aren't funny. Tons of videos were provided as proof. But someone posted a Joan Rivers show and she was fucking hilarious.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Yeah, but Sarah Silverman is basically doing what Joan Rivers did with a different flavor. This happens all the time. Like, listen to an old Lenny Bruce comedy album and sure, it's funny, but these guys talk about it like it is the best thing ever and it really isn't. Because we have seen everything that he inspired that came after him. When you're raised on Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle, Richard Pryor isn't all that funny.

She seriously fucking killed it on Louie, though. He made her look really fucking funny.
True, kind of like Bill Burr is the modern incarnation of Sam Kinnison. Though, I probably still see Sam as funnier than Bill, however that may just be tainted by nostalgia.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Just as Shakespeare had his Jack Falstaff doing the "Ill lose weight when you stop being ugly" jokes, like many of you mentioned it's all old hat. Makes you wonder who the Kinnison, Pryor, Leary, and Carlin's of the Roman Empire were.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
as horrible a series as celebrity apprentice is only two ppl made that show tolerable.

penn jillette
joan rivers