Joan Rivers R.I.P

iannis

Musty Nester
She did die?

RIP. The red carpet crap wasn't my bag, but Joan rivers was genuinely funny. A 70 year old woman getting up on stage and talking about how she expected her boobs to sag np but no one in the world ever told her that her coochie was gonna sag too!

That really does take a special type. With Silverman it's just so affected. It may have been for Rivers as well, but she always seemed fairly sincere to me.

Cybsled

The red carpet stuff kinda came after she got late night blacklisted for pissing off Johnny Carson (who was basically grooming her to maybe be a replacement, but then she left to do a rival show vs. his show).

Those outpatient elective clinics always try to pass themselves off as safe, but things are never 100% safe when surgery is involved.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Her "funeral wishes" are bittersweet funny:

"When I die (and yes, Melissa, that day will come; and yes, Melissa, everything's in your name), I want my funeral to be a huge showbiz affair with lights, cameras, action . I want Craft services, I want paparazzi and I want publicists making a scene!" Rivers wrote. "I want it to be Hollywood all the way. I don't want some rabbi rambling on; I want Meryl Streep crying, in five different accents. I don't want a eulogy; I want Bobby Vinton to pick up my head and sing 'Mr. Lonely.' I want to look gorgeous, better dead than I do alive. I want to be buried in a Valentino gown and I want Harry Winston to make me a toe tag. "And I want a wind machine so that even in the casket my hair is blowing just like Beyonce's."

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Good for her. No "rage against the dying of the light" just good perspective and humor.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
She might have been over the top with plastic surgery but that was what she wanted. To think how active she was at the age of 80 is astonishing. She did what she loved to do until she could no longer do it. Not many people get to do that. Given the amount of times she went for surgery, you kind of had to figure there was a 50/50 shot that she was going to die that way.

spronk

FPS noob
never saw any of her standup but i can see why comics revere her for breaking ground. i can't even believe this is the same woman my mom used to watch every year at the oscars (she lives for that red carpet trash talking from joan)