John Wick: Chapter 3 (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Finally got around to seeing this and I thought it was way better than 2.

It's John Wick. Vs Ninjas. Comprised of castmembers from The Raid. What more do you want?

Sure, it has flaws, which is why it is not anywhere near the neighborhood of 1 - people get their jugulars cut literally 10 feet from a kindergarten class and all passersby do is walk around the bodies; the Adjudicator's punishment goes from job removal to personal maimings but keeping their job for no clear reason (were all the maiming scenes supposed to take place after John's trip to the desert?); Berry is okay for someone her age but her limb locks-to-headshots take a second longer than Keanu's would, making her scenes seem too staged; the ending is essentially the same as 2 (John Wick vs. the High Table), just with the Bowery King instead of Winston as his likely ally.

But on the positive side, there's way more visual variety than 2, the kills are way more varied (weaponized horse kicks, motorcycle duels), and Lance Reddick gets to shoot some motherfuckers with a shotgun. How many 2019 movies are really better than that?

P.S. The stunt team turned into Arabs and bulletproof armor suits this movie, how can they disguise them again next movie?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
The scene in the antique weapon shop was amazing.. best sequence in the whole trilogy imo.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
This movie is a good learning tool for would be criminals in that if the cops say come out or we are sending the dogs in after you. Come out with your hands up you REALLY don't want the dogs to come in after you.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
This movie is a good learning tool for would be criminals in that if the cops say come out or we are sending the dogs in after you. Come out with your hands up you REALLY don't want the dogs to come in after you.

The best way to learn this lesson is LivePD. They routinely feature the K9 units, and those dogs are sweet and friendly....until they're sicced on a perp and then they are devil dogs. It is amazing to watch.

Also, this video:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
HD rip is out, watched it tonight. I liked it, not as much as the 1st but more than the 2nd. Looking forward to seeing him go to war with the Table.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the first one is special because it's an original IP. it's somewhat derivative of course, but it wasn't a remake or a retelling or anything. the second one was interesting because it opened up more of the world that the first one created with the high table and whatnot. the third one was still good and enjoyable, but i sort of feel like things dragged on too long and in the end we didn't really get anywhere new. fight scenes were technically very well done, though (and i hate to say it) but keanu, i feel, is starting to show his age. i mean he doesn't look 50, but he looks a little slow in some scenes. but again, the action scenes themselves seemed to go on about a minute too long each. you have to have ebbs and flows in anything or no matter how great it is, you become desensitized and bored. if everyday is perfect weather and you're banging the same perfect supermodel and you're eating the same perfectly cooked steak... at some point it stops being perfect and just starts being average.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just re-watched the 1st John Wick for the first time since a little before #2 came out in theaters.

I had forgotten some of the people involved.

We have Theon Greyjoy, Willem Dafoe, Dennis Duffy (from 30 Rock), the incredible Tyra Collette (from Friday Night Lights), Bryan Connerty (from Billions), John Leguizamo, Al fucking Swearengen, Lt. Cedric Daniels (from The Wire), Lester Freamon (also from The Wire) as well as a few other guys that I don't even remember.

This movie ruled. I'll watch #2 tomorrow, then #3 on Monday (I think).

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I just re-watched the 1st John Wick for the first time since a little before #2 came out in theaters.

I had forgotten some of the people involved.

We have Theon Greyjoy, Willem Dafoe, Dennis Duffy (from 30 Rock), the incredible Tyra Collette (from Friday Night Lights), Bryan Connerty (from Billions), John Leguizamo, Al fucking Swearengen, Lt. Cedric Daniels (from The Wire), Lester Freamon (also from The Wire) as well as a few other guys that I don't even remember.

This movie ruled. I'll watch #2 tomorrow, then #3 on Monday (I think).

How can you not remember Lovejoy and Ryan O'Reily from Oz?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I never saw Oz. =/
And Lovejoy? Seriously? He was a fucking masterpiece in Deadwood, which is why I referenced him as such.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I never saw Oz. =/
And Lovejoy? Seriously? He was a fucking masterpiece in Deadwood, which is why I referenced him as such.

I shall counter that with I never saw Deadwood.
You should really watch Oz. It's brilliant

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'll accept your gay jail comment and reply that you should REALLY watch Deadwood. It's not only brilliant. It's legendary.

Where else will you hear an actor refer to another while talking to someone else entirely as San Francisco Cock Sucker?
That show has so many amazing lines. And now it also has the movie!

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Holy Shit, don't marathon jw1/2/3

you just see how extremely slow keanu is at 3.

• 1Garbage

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Holy Shit, don't marathon jw1/2/3

you just see how extremely slow keanu is at 3.

yeah, it's weird... i noticed it at his e3 appearance, and then in john wick 3, but he's seems to have become somewhat pigeon toed. maybe he's always had it and it's just become more pronounced in his old age, or maybe something happened and it's affected his overall agility... but even just walking his gait doesn't seem... well, healthy, for lack of a better word.

it's also possible that it was a style choice... i mean, i think the time frame of john wick 1-3 is like a week and a half. dude has taken a lot of hits in a very short period of time. i remember watching 47 ronin thinking he was slowing down but then john wick came out and he seemed a lot quicker. maybe it was just some editing tricks to make him seem faster?

Last edited:

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
yeah, it's weird... i noticed it at his e3 appearance, and then in john wick 3, but he's seems to have become somewhat pigeon toed. maybe he's always had it and it's just become more pronounced in his old age, or maybe something happened and it's affected his overall agility... but even just walking his gait doesn't seem... well, healthy, for lack of a better word.

it's also possible that it was a style choice... i mean, i think the time frame of john wick 1-3 is like a week and a half. dude has taken a lot of hits in a very short period of time. i remember watching ronin 47 thinking he was slowing down but then john wick came out and he seemed a lot quicker. maybe it was just some editing tricks to make him seem faster?
jw1-3 is 1month realtime

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

it's also possible that it was a style choice... i mean, i think the time frame of john wick 1-3 is like a week and a half. dude has taken a lot of hits in a very short period of time. i remember watching 47 ronin thinking he was slowing down but then john wick came out and he seemed a lot quicker. maybe it was just some editing tricks to make him seem faster?

They do mention a few times how hurt and exhausted he is, so there's a good chance that's it. Like you said, it could easily be edited to make him look faster if it was an age thing.

The ratio of fight scenes that were more hand to hand based vs guns seemed to favor hand to hand a lot more in the 3rd one as well as him fighting ninjas probably made it look worse as well