Joker: Folie à Deux (2024)

Wintermute

<Charitable Administrator>
2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Joker: Folie à Deux (2024)

Genre: Drama, Crime, Thriller

Director: Todd Phillips

Cast: Joaquin Phoenix, Lady Gaga, Brendan Gleeson, Catherine Keener, Zazie Beetz, Jacob Lofland, Harry Lawtey

Release: 2024-10-03

Plot: Production has officially begun on Joker: Folie à Deux, and thanks to director Todd Phillips, we have a first look at Joaquin Phoenix as Arthur Fleck. The madman was placed in Arkham Asylum after he murdered a dog and inspired Gotham City's working class to rise up against their apparent oppressors. However, while the white on Arthur's face is no doubt meant to evoke memories of his alter-ego, Joker, the prisoner is simply receiving a shave in his dark and depressing new surroundings. With any luck, Phillips plans to also share a shot of Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn soon. We still don't know if she's a fellow inmate or a doctor, but the singer's presence is thought to be key in a sequel that will feature big musical numbers. Zazie Beetz returns as Sophie Dumond in Joker: Folie à Deux, while Brendan Gleeson, Catherine Keener, and Jacob Lofland have also recently joined the cast. Unsurprisingly, the movie is shrouded in secrecy, so it could be a while before we get a better idea of what to expect from this one.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lady Gaga
200a.gif

Will watch but expectations are low.

It will be an uphill battle topping the first considering the absolute raping Hollywood has been doing to IPs such as this.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
She's been mostly acting for the last decade vs. creating music I think? Not really into the genre she gets put into so definitely not up to date, but I can really only remember her getting mentioned for acting roles. She's probably a non-factor.

I'm not sure I'm really interested in more of that story though, oddly enough. I really, really liked and thought Joker was amazing. But also not a movie I really want to watch again, nor see more of. It did what it was supposed to do and provided a plausible if very uncomfortable backstory for the Joker. It should probably be left there, but you know Hollywood studios. :/

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
She was in The Sopranos before she was a famous singer.

• 2Like
  • 1Blown

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
I didn't care for the first one at all. Literally nothing about it appealed to me. <Shrug>

• 3Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
She was good in A Star is Born. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.
I have no real complaints about her acting, but her association with the project gives me pause. It’s not even her I’m concerned about, but rather her Hollywood handlers. I just don’t see them allowing her to risk the gravy train by stepping out of line with the narrative.

I hope I’m wrong.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't care for what she brings tonally to a Joker project.

As previously mentioned you strike while the iron is hot.

This project is stillborn, about 1 full year off from when it should have been announced. Nobody gives a shit about more Phoenix Joker unless they go comics with it.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A backstory on the joker was a new take, this didn't need to be made

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As much as I can't stand her she isn't a horrible actress.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Margot is getting old to be Harley, Stefani is way too old. but whatever, i hope she does a good job. someday i may even watch it.
maybe some of this is being filmed in my old stomping grounds
New Arkham?
765b6650-95c7-4a09-ba0f-4e088b2077bb-FrankVelez.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database