JRPGs

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Play Persona 5.
Played them all, stopped around rape artist man. I hear it ends really strong but the time constraint stuff always made me feel like I was doing it wrong and when I felt the need to use a guide I stopped.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Played them all, stopped around rape artist man. I hear it ends really strong but the time constraint stuff always made me feel like I was doing it wrong and when I felt the need to use a guide I stopped.

The Royal version has a few QOL elements for that. Adds several things to make it easier to increase your stats and relationships. I had the same feeling of needing to min/max when I did the original, but Royal is much better at it. Don't feel the need for a guide at all. If you enjoyed the game, but didn't like the time restraints, I'd highly recommend Royal. Adds a lot to the game, while also making it flow better.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You do need to be aware of how essential Temperance R10 is for time management though. It should be unlocked by the end of July at the latest.

You also need to keep track of what confidants are available what days and times, as well as the other things you can do in specific timeslots. The weather complicates things a bit too, like in P4, but mostly you just need to know to study or go to the bathhouse on rainy days.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Live A Live was a great Super Famicom game back in the day. It's a lot like the Romancing Saga series, just simplified a bit, and more "out there" (one of the character scenarios is a caveman, one is a robot on a spacecraft).

I love Saga games. Haven't played Romancing Saga 2 (now remastered) or Saga Frontier 2 (soon) yet, RS2 especially has been on my shortlist for years.

Getting LAL next week, anyone else? It isn't too long so I think I can fit it into the schedule a bit more easily than other JRPGs. I finished the SFC version in like 14 hours.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Live A Live was a great Super Famicom game back in the day. It's a lot like the Romancing Saga series, just simplified a bit, and more "out there" (one of the character scenarios is a caveman, one is a robot on a spacecraft).

I love Saga games. Haven't played Romancing Saga 2 (now remastered) or Saga Frontier 2 (soon) yet, RS2 especially has been on my shortlist for years.

Getting LAL next week, anyone else? It isn't too long so I think I can fit it into the schedule a bit more easily than other JRPGs. I finished the SFC version in like 14 hours.
Going to download the Live A Live demo on Switch later today and check it out... have been looking for a casual RPG.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looks like LAL got "localized" by the same bunch of assholes who did Triangle Strategy.

spronk

FPS noob
i downloaded the Live a Live NSP and it seems to run perfectly on my steam deck for those who have one. Also downloaded xenoblade 3 but it didn't run, apparently needs a bit of work and maybe a beefier PC

Runs at 60 fps too, click the more info in the youtube video to see the settings you have to tweak to set FPS to 60 and the rendering settings to use

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
i downloaded the Live a Live NSP and it seems to run perfectly on my steam deck for those who have one. Also downloaded xenoblade 3 but it didn't run, apparently needs a bit of work and maybe a beefier PC

Runs at 60 fps too, click the more info in the youtube video to see the settings you have to tweak to set FPS to 60 and the rendering settings to use

I think I'm gonna play the scenarios in chronological order, so the caveman first. Back in the day I started with the Edo Japan scenario, and it's probably the longest and most complex out of all of them. I'm finishing up with Ys: Memories of Celceta and I'll prolly do LAL next.

For anyone who played the first incarnation of FF4: The After Years on Wii, Live a Live is a lot like that game. Some of the scenarios are really short (like 30 minutes), some of them take hours. The final scenario has some tweests, so don't spoil it for yourself.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did the imperial China on the demo and it was fun. They don’t explain combat at all they just throw you in, not sure if that is demo related or the game is like that. It’s easy enough but having to move around Tactics style to get in position for certain attacks wasn’t expected.

spronk

FPS noob
i guess the game itself shipped from my nintendo store SE order of XB3, but not arriving till next week lol. no real interest in playing a 150 hour game right now anyways, also sounds like XB3 will have huge DLC like torna and also XB4 will come some day

its too bad its switch exclusive, i wouldn't mind playing but its really hard to go back from ps5 or SX to the muddy textures of switch games. saw a few minutes on twitch though and it looks cool and people seem to be having a lot of fun.

I can run XbX (wii u) and xb2 on my deck no problems at all, although I think they run at 30 fps.

• 1Pathetic

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
i guess the game itself shipped from my nintendo store SE order of XB3, but not arriving till next week lol. no real interest in playing a 150 hour game right now anyways, also sounds like XB3 will have huge DLC like torna and also XB4 will come some day

its too bad its switch exclusive, i wouldn't mind playing but its really hard to go back from ps5 or SX to the muddy textures of switch games. saw a few minutes on twitch though and it looks cool and people seem to be having a lot of fun.

I can run XbX (wii u) and xb2 on my deck no problems at all, although I think they run at 30 fps.

I wish I could get into the Xenoblade games the way I got into the older Xeno games. They're so different though. I want sci-fi space operas, and XB1/2 seemed more like generic JRPGs.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Currently about 30 hours into Xenoblade 2.

Both games in the series take a long time to get into. You don't even get the full combat unlocked for like 20 hours which is just silly.

That said both games are fucking amazing and I actually love this being on the switch now that I have an infant to look after.

Being able to do minor rpg bullshit handheld then go dock when the little shit is sleeping has been a God send..

Highly recommend getting past the beginnings of these games. They both get great.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Xenoblades is able to do that because they are RPGs you can and will put 100+ hours into. Can't be that slow for a game that gets platinumed in 20 hours.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Xenoblades is able to do that because they are RPGs you can and will put 100+ hours into. Can't be that slow for a game that gets platinumed in 20 hours.
Well the tutorials are bad and they take way too long to get to the point thus many people quit these games right when they're about to get really good.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I’m only 10 hours into XBC3 and all the systems aren’t introduced yet, but I’ve enjoyed it. I needed a new Switch so bought the OLED model and it’s been quite fun. The screen is so much better!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I’m only 10 hours into XBC3 and all the systems aren’t introduced yet, but I’ve enjoyed it. I needed a new Switch so bought the OLED model and it’s been quite fun. The screen is so much better!

Yeah, as someone who mostly plays portable mode, the Switch OLED screen is a huge improvement. I'd actually prefer this to a Switch Pro. However the time is drawing near where a Switch Pro is starting to feel kind of necessary. Switch games look so antiquated on my TV compared to PS5 games. Hopefully this hypothetical Switch Pro also includes an OLED screen in portable mode.

It'd suck if the Switch Pro ends up being, like, dock-only or something, so you need two Switches if you want the best of both worlds. A lot of lesser companies would do that but hopefully Nintendo won't.