June MMO of the Month - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Sorry for the delay on this one.

This month we'll be doing Star Wars: The Old Republic!

You can download the free to play client here:Play Free Now | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Forum thread:SWTOR

Server Name: ?
Guild Name: ?

Gonna need someone to chime in here and make a recommendation. Do we already have a rerolled guild? I know a lot of people already play and have attachments to their characters. If anyone has a particular server they know to be quality please post and I'll edit. For right now I'm fucking around on Ebon Hawk until someone recommends better.

How to get an invite: Bloody wait until we get clan information.

---------------------------

Welcome to the MMO of the Month Club!

For the past few years I've been bouncing between MMO's, trying different ones out. I've dragged my brother into it recently and we've been having a bit of fun. I know if I play any MMO by myself I'll get bored of it in about 2 days. I enjoy grouping or just having people to bullshit with while playing. Normally a new MMO comes out, is unpolished and shit and within a few weeks the forum guild falls to pieces and we all scatter leaving Lyrical as the only person still playing DC:UO.

What I'm thinking is we sort of semi-unionize here.

Each month we pick a game. Almost always going to be a F2P one. Not looking to break anybodies bank here. Pick a server (if they have one), form up a guild (if we can) and away we go. Then the next month we pick a new one and start all over. No obligations to raid or put years into the game. Just experience what the game has to offer, declare it beaten and then move on to the next one. If you really enjoy the game and want to keep playing, go for it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Don't kick the ball. Hutts don't have feet.

Huttball scarred me for life and there's no way I could ever reinstall this game.

Sterling

El Presidente
I'd be willing to mess around with this with you guys. My schedule is super sporatic but all is good. Someone come up with a server and I'll make some dudes.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
i have a max lvl character somewhere(whatever max was at release!), is there a way to see what server my character is on without having to download this?

tried the main page you linked dont see anything.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
This was a shot of activity at 5pm ish Pacific.

It is not a big deal where I start.

Star Wars: The Old Republic | Server Statushas a list of your toons also if you are logged in on the account page.

rrr_img_99187.jpg

Sterling

El Presidente
No, it should have all your characters on whatever server they merged to. I was on Fatman before and they were all on Prophecy when I started again recently.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I'd love to either do Harbinger server, since it is midnight Pacific and there is still a "standard" population, the only one, or try RP-PVP Jung Ma.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
My (mostly empire) alt army is on Shadowlands because EST.

I think Fires of Hutta was killed off in the mergers or something. There's a lot more features for guilds now, like a guild ship and some weird zone control crafting meta game that I have no idea about, so you'll find tons of guilds with 5 people online spamming invites everywhere.

You can make serverwide channels and perm join them with /cjoin rerolled. (you'll find a bunch of other commands on google for custom chat channels, most of them don't work)

The big perk for subscribers right now is 12x xp bonus for class storyline quests. You can just breeze by hundreds of quest markers and flip them the bird.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Sounds like Jung Ma it is. Someone want to start a guild or whatever and get things rolling? I'm going to be out the next few nights.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
We need 4x peeps on at the same time in group to form a guild and 5k credits. Working on that now.

Server: Jung-Ma, Imperial

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll dick around on this between doing dailies and downtimes for the ffxiv expac. Going as a free account but I have random shit account wide unlocked from spending credits accrued from a security token randomly while intoxicated a year ago. Artifact equipment hoooo.

On as Elrezz, because Rezz is always taken =|

Sterling

El Presidente
Also it was posted in the actual thread but you can get the game, both expansions and 2 month sub for like 40 bucks.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Not yet, trying to get credits and take care of baby at same time.

If you establish a legacy on this server, and decide to transfer a toon over at a later date, the higher level legacy will overwrite the lower one fyi.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm at 10k creds on dromund. Just need someone to join my group and I'll make it.