Jupiter Ascending (2015)

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Still trolling instead of talking about the movie in the thread title.
It's cool, you didn't like the movie. I'm not here to change your mind. Just calling out the bullshit when people say "0/10" or "WORST MOVIE EVER." From reading the other thread in General, I imagine part of your distaste for the film was that it does away with your god as the creator of humans on Earth. That must've put you off early. :/

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Not that it was a great movie but I always thought Waterworld got a little too much shit due to all the publicity around it being horribly overbudget and overschedule.
Well, that's why it got so much criticism. At the time, it was by far the most expensive movie ever made and made less money than it cost (although it broke even after video sales). It set the stage for extremely expensive movies that don't do very well.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It's cool, you didn't like the movie. I'm not here to change your mind. Just calling out the bullshit when people say "0/10" or "WORST MOVIE EVER." From reading the other thread in General, I imagine part of your distaste for the film was that it does away with your god as the creator of humans on Earth. That must've put you off early. :/
LOL yeah you didn't like this movie you are just trolling.

Prometheus is one of two movies I bought physical copies of in the past 10 years. That and Dredd and neither are compatible with the Bible.

Column_sl

shitlord
Wachowski's parts of Cloud Atlas ( the future) are not bad from what I watched, it's the rest that is a chore to get through.

I've yet to get through the whole movie tho. The first time I tried to watch it I made the mistake of being extremely tired, and that is one movie you need to be wide awake for.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well, that's why it got so much criticism. At the time, it was by far the most expensive movie ever made and made less money than it cost (although it broke even after video sales). It set the stage for extremely expensive movies that don't do very well.
you are off about 30 years. Cleopatra was the benchmark. waterworld was alright, i was one of the few people who paid money to see this in the theater. oh and the Alien with Ripley acting like a bad motherfucker playing basketball with winona and ron perlman was a fun flick.

-edit
cloud atlas i gave it good marks at the time, because i love tom hanks and halle berry. but i will be damned if i can remember what that movie was about.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well...in the past i thought alien 3 was a 6/10.
We all know why wasn't good sa the first 2 but after rewatching it a month ago, i realized the movie contradicts everything about the creature.

So we know the alien is like any other specie, wants to reproduce and survive. In the first movie, even if we don't aknowledge the deleted scene, dallas was captured rather than killed, in parker's words " no blood, no dallas". So the xeno was already trying to make a nest, even though thete was not a queen aruond to lay eggs.
In the second movie, we discovered that the aliens are a hive mentality specie, with workers, soldiers and a queen, who controls everyone.

In the third....the alien kills 2 people and even after knowing ripley is carrying a queen, continues to kill everyone. Da fuck?! He has oportunities just to grab some and put them in a nest, so that the queen does her job afterwards. Nope....he goes apeshit and kills everyone except ripley. i wonder if the alien queen was born, the alien would be punched in the face for being such a moron.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
oh and the Alien with Ripley acting like a bad motherfucker playing basketball with winona and ron perlman was a fun flick.
Well, here I go agreeing with you on a movie so I must be wrong. But I'm one of the minority of people who will defend Resurrection somewhat. I definitely liked it better than three, pretty much better than Prometheus too though they both suffer from some groan worthy plot points.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
The problem with Alien 3 isn't so much the movie itself but the movie it was supposed to be/could've been. There were various ideas including some human war involving using the aliens as weapons, which would obviously fuck up everything. There was an idea about going to the alien home world, and one about an invasion and alien rape of Earth, all of which sound better than the prison planet plot.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw this opening night, this movie was Dune meets Flash Gordon. Both of which I saw in the theater as well. My goal is to see all low budget camp science fiction movies in a theater. This was the 200 million dollar version of a low budget camp science fiction movie - minus the Queen soundtrack.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Saw this opening night, this movie was Dune meets Flash Gordon. Both of which I saw in the theater as well. My goal is to see all low budget camp science fiction movies in a theater. This was the 200 million dollar version of a low budget camp science fiction movie - minus the Queen soundtrack.
Dune and Flash Gordon are both awesome films.

Dune has almost nothing to do with Frank Herbert's Dune, but it's still ridiculously awesome. It's like someone with a 90 IQ read the books on acid, had absolutely no understanding of it and then still made a good campy Sci-Fi with a shitload of old school Shakespearean actors. And then they got fucking TOTO to do the music. Toto!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
What happened to those days? Toto doing Dune, Queen doing Flash, Tangerine Dream doing Legend, Peter Gabriel with Last Temptation (okay not quite the same)... We'd get stuck with Kanye doing Star Wars VII or when nu metal had the title track to summer films.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dune has almost nothing to do with Frank Herbert's Dune
That's a pretty outlandish claim. Its mostly all lifted directly from the book. The biggest disgrace in deviation from canon was the bullshit ass ending where it rains. THAT was unforgivable.

I don't disagree on the production of the thing though. It wasn't a great adaptation, it was more like someone gave Lynch a bunch of money to make Dune and he made a David Lynch movie that just happened to have a Dune script. For the best Dune on film you can hope for I'd recommend the Sci-Fi Children of Dune miniseries. As a big fan of the Dune chronicles, I hope there's never another movie. Even with the advances in effects today, just leave it alone.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What happened to those days? Toto doing Dune, Queen doing Flash, Tangerine Dream doing Legend, Peter Gabriel with Last Temptation (okay not quite the same)... We'd get stuck with Kanye doing Star Wars VII or when nu metal had the title track to summer films.
Gone Girl (soundtrack) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let's be honest about Flash too. I love the shit, part of my childhood. Watched it a million times on HBO back when there still weren't many cable channels. But the Queen stuff is as cheesy and campy as the movie, which is fitting but its not some masterpiece film score either.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's a pretty outlandish claim. Its mostly all lifted directly from the book. The biggest disgrace in deviation from canon was the bullshit ass ending where it rains. THAT was unforgivable.

I don't disagree on the production of the thing though. It wasn't a great adaptation, it was more like someone gave Lynch a bunch of money to make Dune and he made a David Lynch movie that just happened to have a Dune script. For the best Dune on film you can hope for I'd recommend the Sci-Fi Children of Dune miniseries. As a big fan of the Dune chronicles, I hope there's never another movie. Even with the advances in effects today, just leave it alone.
Most people's major complaint with the Movie Dune compared to the books were the use of sound weapons. It raining in the end was not THAT offensive to me.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most people's major complaint with the Movie Dune compared to the books were the use of sound weapons. It raining in the end was not THAT offensive to me.
Yeah, there's that too. It was a liberty taken but I thought it worked for Lynch's vision, which goes back to it being his movie first and a Dune movie second. Herbert generally gave it his blessing though. He has an interesting write up about the experience in the introduction to his short story book "Eye".

"I enjoyed the film even as a cut and I told it as I saw it: What reached the screen is a visual feast that begins as Dune begins and you hear my dialogue all through it." Herbert also commented, "I have my quibbles about the film, of course. Paul was a man playing god, not a god who could make it rain."

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm wondering if this turd will pass 47 Ronin as the biggest box office bomb of all time?
I had no idea what you were talking about so I looked it up. What in the actual fuck did they spend 200m dollars on for that movie? I could understand John Carter's runaway budget because of all the green screen, but holy crap.

Still, only the biggest bomb of 2013, not all time.