Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
2.90 star(s) Rating: 2.90/5 10 Votes
Title: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Tagline: Life finds a way.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Juan Antonio Bayona

Cast: Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Rafe Spall, Toby Jones, Justice Smith, Daniella Pineda, Ted Levine, Jeff Goldblum, James Cromwell, BD Wong, Geraldine Chaplin, Michael Papajohn, Robert Emms, Charlie Rawes, Daniel Stisen, Kamil Lemieszewski

Release: 2018-06-01

Plot: With all of the wonder, adventure and thrills synonymous with one of the most popular and successful franchises in cinema history, this all-new motion-picture event sees the return of favorite characters and dinosaurs along with new breeds more awe-inspiring and terrifying than ever before.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Uhhh Jurassic world was utter dog shit. Shocking a movie so bad mage so much money.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fallen kingdom?....JW and transformers crossover??

JW was

This movie looks like

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The last one they made actively pissed me off with how fucking bad it was. No idea how or why it was apparently profitable enough to make another of these shitshows.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Movie was a fun flick, no idea why you're so pissed about it. Literally 2nd best Jurassic park movie. Better than 2 & 3.
If you take any of these seriously then you're destined to be disappointed.

I look forward to this new pile of shit, should be a fun ride.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Barf
Reactions: 6 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Right, I get it; it made a literal mountain of cash. But I don't understand how given how fucking awful it was. I guess this is all China's fault?

Made way more here than China. I think nostalgia played a part and kids love dinosaurs but, yeah, it was horrible and dumb.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Movie was a fun flick, no idea why you're so pissed about it. Literally 2nd best Jurassic park movie. Better than 2 & 3.
If you take any of these seriously then you're destined to be disappointed.

I look forward to this new pile of shit, should be a fun ride.
This is why we can't have nice things.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'll pay money to see anything that lets Chris Pratt flash that goofy grin of his. Same as I'll always pay to bask in the winning smile of the Rock.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't know what's worse, this movie or the OP using kinocheck for the first teaser.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought Jurassic World was hilarious, don't understand all the hate.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Seriously?

j00t

i didn't actively dislike JW, i really enjoyed Chris Pratt but there was something off about the other characters that i had a really hard time identifying until i watched this. then it all became crystal clear.

• 6Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Sludig

That video god yes. I knew the movie was going to be full of shit I was unhappy about, but the level of dogshit was beyond imagining.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Picard

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seems like a lot of movies would fall short if you insist on comparing them to a classic like Aliens, but Claire is definitely an awful character.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

j00t

that guy does a longer, more in depth look at why we like jurassic park so much. it's like 30 minutes, and can be a little... mmmmmmm maybe a little art school pretentious, but it demonstrates why a guy like spielberg makes such memorable films.

i'm not saying that every movie needs to be about metaphorical archetypes, growth and deeper meanings... but i think a lot of movies would be instantly improved if the writers/directors asked themselves "why will people want to see this?"
even silly superhero film needs to ask this question. look at something like civil war vs man of steel or bvs. one of the main plot of civil war is about when family disagrees on important matters, how do you handle it? there's plenty of action scenes in it, but they are there for a reason, not just arbitrary action beats. the dceu just seems to throw actions scenes to break up the monotony of the characters.

not to divert too much from the thread, but comic book characters look and feel silly with a cursory glance, but they are all archetypes and that's why they resonate so much with us. sure, cap's got a super cheesy outfit and name, but he's an incredibly nuanced and deep character. he represents doing what's right, not because it's easy or because of the rewards, but because it's right. superman represents how holding oneself to ideals can and should lend itself to, more or less, moral perfection. superman doesn't kill because there is always a better way, always. marvel seems to have grasped that about their characters while dc hasn't.

anyway, here's the video if anyone is interested

• 2Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
When someone else starts making better big budget dinosaur movies, I will proclaim that these movies suck. But since they do not seem to exist, ALL ABOARD THE JURASSIC HYPE TRAIN!

• 3Picard
  • 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
i didn't actively dislike JW, i really enjoyed Chris Pratt but there was something off about the other characters that i had a really hard time identifying until i watched this. then it all became crystal clear.

Well their mistake was making Claire anything other than a villain.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database