Just Cause 4

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Oh I fully admit :) You'll be able to tell though. There will be more swear words or something.

Crimson

Peasant
I only just recently finished Just Cause 2 and really had a good time while playing it, and since my recent acquisition of a PS4 as well, I knew 3 was going to be included.

And then a month later, a friend of mine mentioned "Just Cause 4" and I did a double take "WHAAAAT? There's a 4th one?!"
I literally hadn't heard, and sure enough, there was. I haven't even gotten to 3 yet, and while I've heard 4 is akin to an AC game (meaning, rushed out too quicly/too similar to past game), I still decided to give it a buy. I found a used copy for literally less than half new, with no case, so I had to buy it.

I guess we'll see, but so long as it's fun, I can get into it. Obvious the JC games aren't really mean to be taken too seriously story-wise.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I only just recently finished Just Cause 2 and really had a good time while playing it, and since my recent acquisition of a PS4 as well, I knew 3 was going to be included.

And then a month later, a friend of mine mentioned "Just Cause 4" and I did a double take "WHAAAAT? There's a 4th one?!"
I literally hadn't heard, and sure enough, there was. I haven't even gotten to 3 yet, and while I've heard 4 is akin to an AC game (meaning, rushed out too quicly/too similar to past game), I still decided to give it a buy. I found a used copy for literally less than half new, with no case, so I had to buy it.

I guess we'll see, but so long as it's fun, I can get into it. Obvious the JC games aren't really mean to be taken too seriously story-wise.

I bought 3 when it came out and think I put about two hours into it. I dunno, just didnt seem as fun as JC2. I skipped 4. Might pick it up when it's $5 on steam or something on a sale.

Or maybe I'm just getting too old and cranky.

Crimson

Peasant
I bought 3 when it came out and think I put about two hours into it. I dunno, just didnt seem as fun as JC2. I skipped 4. Might pick it up when it's $5 on steam or something on a sale.

Or maybe I'm just getting too old and cranky.

We'll see what I think. I've heard nothing but good about 3, and less than about 4, but I'll give them both a chance. I believe Avalanche made these games, right? And I heard a lot of the same critisms about their Mad Max game, which I personally have played to completion 3 times now, so I'm more optimistic than not.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
there was something really special about 2. it was a really well done game. 3 is pretty decent though it's missing SOMETHING. whatever it was that made 2 special, 3 just didn't have it. it wasn't a bad game it just had a much higher tendency to get repetitive. 4 is very similar to 3 in basically every way.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
there was something really special about 2. it was a really well done game. 3 is pretty decent though it's missing SOMETHING. whatever it was that made 2 special, 3 just didn't have it. it wasn't a bad game it just had a much higher tendency to get repetitive. 4 is very similar to 3 in basically every way.

I agree with that. You could dick around a ton more in JC3, but JC2 was so unique when it released and I felt like JC3 was always trying and failing to recapture that magic.

I haven't tried JC4 yet.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Four would have been fun if it hasn’t been made for an Atari 2600 for fucks sake. Don’t buy this piece of shit!

Love utnayan from somewhere in the carribean!

• 1Repost
Reactions: 1 user

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
I have never played these games extensively, maybe only 2 hours of the first game at a friends house. Now, years have passed and I have found my way to PC. Which game should I play for the definitive Just Cause experience, keeping in mind that story is not paramount to me.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I have never played these games extensively, maybe only 2 hours of the first game at a friends house. Now, years have passed and I have found my way to PC. Which game should I play for the definitive Just Cause experience, keeping in mind that story is not paramount to me.

There's a cheap bundle for 3 + all DLC. Get that. 4 is very underwhelming compared to 3.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

Just Cause 3

spronk

FPS noob
this game just got put on gamepass for xbox, i feel like a dumbass for buying it now even at a glitched price

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is free on epic for the next few days but.. uhm.. why is this thread dated 2018, because surely the way it looks it must have come out a decade ago. I'm getting my gigabytes refunded right now.

• 1WTF