Just Cause 4

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PC version of this seems to be getting savaged in reviews, and for a lot more than just being saddled with the usual Denuvo bullshit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yep mine comes for PS4 today (Gamefly) - even that version is getting raked. They are saying it runs on PS Pro in 720p? That can't be right. I'll fire it up later this afternoon and check it out to give the report.

• 1Worf

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
LOL, Denuvo doing their best to make their claim that companies should be pleased even if the protection only lasts an hour a reality.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
This game is so fucking bad. Playing on PS4 pro and the game seriously runs in 720p. Holy fuck. I haven’t seen graphics like this since an original Xbox game. It’s THAT fucking bad. What the hell happened?!

• 1Worf

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
This game is so fucking bad. Playing on PS4 pro and the game seriously runs in 720p. Holy fuck. I haven’t seen graphics like this since an original Xbox game. It’s THAT fucking bad. What the hell happened?!

Monday you posted you wouldn't get it, because bad game.

Sunday you post about how game is bad.

What actually moved you to purchasing it? Steam reviews are negative also.

Your post about it made me look into it and not buy it by default, despite enjoying previous versions, so thanks for that.

• 1Like

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>

Your post about it made me look into it and not buy it by default, despite enjoying previous versions, so thanks for that.
He didn't purchase it. Gamefly....

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It’s that awful.

I posted I was renting it.

I’m not sure what happened here. This is literally worse graphics than last generation. How was this even released like this?

• 1Worf

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I never realised gamefly was a rental company, my bad.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I never realised gamefly was a rental company, my bad.

No prob. Yeah don’t buy this. I’m going to keep the game for a week to see if they patch it. Looks like they are aware of the graphical issues. But as of now, it’s barely 720p and so distracting it gives me a headache. It’s so so so bad. How this was released like this boggles my mind.

spronk

FPS noob
i had to call into best buy (1-866-797-7367) to get my digital code delivered but they gave me an extra $10 in points to make up for the delay so i paid $30 for the gold digital code for xbox, gonna install during the week and try it out. For $90 it'd be nuts but for $30 i'll give it some leeway, I hope the xbox version is better than the ps4/pc

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So this game is an absolute lost cause. (No pun intended). I held onto the rental to see what they would patch. 1.02 came out promising Huge texture updates and at least on Ps Pro, I barely saw any changes what so ever. This is a poorly produced and developed game and a complete shit show. Stay away. Hell this thing has ps2 2D train tracks. And the distance view is completely cluttered with aliasing. I haven’t seen anything this bad out of a AAA studio in my life.

It really is appalling.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, what a muddy mess this looks to be on consoles.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
geez... i had seen a few videos on youtube and didnt really see what the big deal was... i just figured people like ut had to speak in such grand hyperbole in order to get noticed that it basically invalidates their arguments, but now i see the videos i saw were people playing on pc. consoles are seriously blurry. thats no good

spronk

FPS noob
yeah that video is insane, i double dip on a ton of games between console/PC and i've never seen a disparity like that. there was a 1 gig patch yesterday but I doubt thats enough to fix any of this.

fortunately for me i don't really care after a few hours, the game is decent but its not great but yeah play on PC i guess and wait till its $10 for the gold edition... which will be like 3 months

its hilarious though that they were scared to death of people hating on them for the long loading times of JC3, they pull every trick to make it seem like fast loading times and it works, like the game loads a bit as it starts so when you hit continue story it only takes 8-10 seconds, there isn't a way to restart challenges so you have to manually fly back (for the hoops/etc kind), etc.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, what a muddy mess this looks to be on consoles.

Looks like I'll eventually be adding this to the other Just Cause games I've never played but bought on a massive Steam sale.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
geez... i had seen a few videos on youtube and didnt really see what the big deal was... i just figured people like ut had to speak in such grand hyperbole in order to get noticed that it basically invalidates their arguments, but now i see the videos i saw were people playing on pc. consoles are seriously blurry. thats no good

How on earth, with you being here as long as you have been, did you think that last post of mine was “grand hyperbole”? Go check out a post of mine from 2014 THAT’S grand hyperbole.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
How on earth, with you being here as long as you have been, did you think that last post of mine was “grand hyperbole”? Go check out a post of mine from 2014 THAT’S grand hyperbole.

i mean... you DO have a habit of it on occasion, but i do admit that i wasnt throwing shade or anything. its a bit of a cultural thing going on right now. if you just say something in moderation, no one pays attention

• 1Like