Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Note: Him getting his "head smashed" into the concrete was never evidenced pro or con - can we stop just assuming one side of the story is completely accurate and the other is not?

He was evidenced to have hit his head on the concrete ONE TIME, in line with say FALLING ON YOUR FUCKING BACK AND HITTING YOUR HEAD ON CONCRETE ON THE WAY DOWN. I've personally seen people that have literally been curb stomped before (in fact my one trial I've had to juror for was a curb stomping incident locally... horrendous) and amongst other things the had noticeable dents and fragmentation of their skull, not minor contusions. [And note, I've personally had "hit my head" falls due to my health issues, and although I'm not bald to get quite the same visual I bet if I was the wounds were pretty damn close]

Or more in short - unevidenced memes aren't evidence. Stop using them as evidence.
Where the fuck are you getting this info? It was proven with actual science he suffered at least 6 blows to the head, not one. Try actually watching the trial instead of some idiots post on facebook.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
How many people get into fist fights anddon'tdie? Just curious.
I would say avastmajority of people don't die. In fact, depending on the severity of the fight, it's probably not even reported. But then again, very few fights, in my experience (Anecdotal) that happen in public places, continue when the person is on the ground. Usually people step in, and pull the "winner" off.

I know, personally, if I was stunned from a good hit, and someone was on top of me, and I knew no one was around, I'd be scared as hell. Even with some experience (I wrestled all the way into college), I can say that getting up with the other person in a dominant position (So you have no leg leverage) is already pretty difficult (Not impossible, obviously but it's hard--near prins are a bitch to get up from.)--I know I wouldn't be able to do it if I was stunned from falling over and I had someone hitting me. I would be scared absolutely shitless to find myself in that position, certainly to the point where I'd say I had a reasonable expectation of severe bodily injury.

But sure, there is no denying, statistically, given the amount of assaults (Though assaults are a pretty broad category) that actual deaths are pretty small.

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
So let's say a man is stalking a woman at dusk with intent to rape. He goes to grab her, she turns and pulls a knife. He then shoots her. Should he not be charged with a crime?
If its proven he provoked the situation, sure he should be charged with a crime. But maybe this woman was a feminist with an agenda and a strong hatred for men and couldnt stand the fact a man was following her, she was raging inside and started to attack when the guy was walking up to pass her.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Mist, how do you plan on proving 'intent to rape'? If all you can prove is that he grabbed her shoulder before she got stabby, he walks. Bear in mind how flimsy the eyewitness accounts were in the Zagnut trial if you are going to bring up hypothetical cases. For all the jury knows, he could have been asking her for directions.
Exactly, you can't prove intent. Trying to prove intent is fucking retarded. You should work backwards form the outcome, not try to figure out intent.

This case seems to turn America into the fucking wild west. You can pretty much engineer a situation that will let you get away with murder.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, I don't know. I thought this thread was pretty decent the whole time the trial was going on but as soon as the verdict came in a whole bunch of people showed up who never watched any of it to post a bunch of retarded shit. All of the nuanced arguments made have been pushed aside and now it is entirely about repetition of shit long settled.

Zimmerman racially profiled Trayvon, followed him, started a fight with him, and then got off using Florida's retarded "Stand Your Ground Defense" is pretty much where the uninformed public is on this. It's pretty sad.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
But sure, there is no denying, statistically, given the amount of assaults (Though assaults are a pretty broad category) that actual deaths are pretty small.
Now lets say you had Tanoomba in the mounted position and could beat him to death with your fists... would you do us a favor? Come on. Be honest.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hey guys! I didn't really follow the trial but how could they let that evil white man get away with murdering a defenseless unarmed black child?!>!>?@?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I don't know. I thought this thread was pretty decent the whole time the trial was going on but as soon as the verdict came in a whole bunch of people showed up who never watched any of it to post a bunch of retarded shit. All of the nuanced arguments made have been pushed aside and now it is entirely about repetition of shit long settled.
Exactly why I'm being so hostile to them.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Where the fuck are you getting this info? It was proven with actual science he suffered at least 6 blows to the head, not one. Try actually watching the trial instead of some idiots post on facebook.
I guess all you people understand Shock Trauma better than people that did it for 14 years at one of the best Shock Trauma facilities on the planet. And yes, my sister in law did comment on Facebook, but I know her credentials which are amongst the highest tier on the planet. (Although she's been out of service there for 2 years since having children and working U of M Shock Trauma isn't a good combo) [And note, she wasn't posting it in defense of TM, just like I'm not - just trying to defray the meme] Plus again my own personal history in that case - that "curb stomping" was by a 16 year old about Trayvon's size roughly and was done in THREE 'smashings' FYI. (And as stated, was horrendously worse - pictures looked like the dude from Mask almost - but incredibly bloody)

And "6 blows to the head" isn't only "smashes into the ground" it can be any host of damaging injuries of appropriate force. That broken nose, clearly from a punch? That's a fucking blow to the head. If you're referencing "6 blows to the back of the head" with the minor severity of them it's pretty goddam clear that it was from punching the dude ON concrete and the force applying at the back of the head some, not a direct smashing. Unless he's got a skull that's a good bit thicker than the normal human that is.

You do understand that "science" came from the defense right, specifically caged to make him look best - but nevermind your retarded meme circle jerk - continue believing things that weren't evidenced as evidenced. (Not that it matters in the outcome of things - which was appropriate)

[And note, I've watched about 5-6 hrs of coverage on it - so yes, I don't know that specific comment perfectly - why I caged it for either variant]

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Need more Fedor posts to explain it, as words don't seem to work well. He is a true artist able to tell a story with only image/video links

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Exactly, you can't prove intent. Trying to prove intent is fucking retarded. You should work backwards form the outcome, not try to figure out intent.

This case seems to turn America into the fucking wild west. You can pretty much engineer a situation that will let you get away with murder.
Our entire criminal legal system is built around intent.....

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>

You go try it, and tell us how it works out for you.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I guess all you people understand Shock Trauma better than people that did it for 14 years at one of the best Shock Trauma facilities on the planet.
appeal to authority fallacy.

I'm a biology chemistry and human anatomy physical anthropology major, and there are other people who've worked in medicine, law, etc. in this thread. Your authority is meaningless here. You make a lot of claims that aren't supported by facts, you do this in every thread you post in, and then you are asked to support them, and you always do this "Well I'm rich" or "My family is connected to so and so" tripe. Its not an argument. Its ridiculous horseshit. You're wrong, the trial evidence is all in, Zimmerman was exonerated based on it, therefore you're wrong.

And oh you watched 5-6 hours of coverage. Big whoop. Some of us watched the entire trial, or well over 80-90% of it. So yeah.

You do understand that "science" came from the defense right
That "science" came from one of the top forensic medical examiners in the nation, if not the world. Be incredibly wrong more please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Di_Maio

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You do understand that "science" came from the defense right, specifically caged to make him look best - but nevermind your retarded meme circle jerk - continue believing things that weren't evidenced as evidenced. (Not that it matters in the outcome of things - which was appropriate)
By all means, attack Dr. Vincent Di Maio. Call his character and expertise in to question. I welcome it.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Exactly who engineered this situation?
I think Mist is talking about all the UNEVIDENCED things that Zimmerman might have done to intimidate Trayvon into starting the fight. (i.e. flashing his gun during the initial "discussion") And of course the silliness of SYG is a bit more apparent now, I'd have never found out about the two drug dealers that killed an uninvolved little girl in their crossfire and were acquitted on the charges for manslaughter of the girl because they were just in defending themselves even while being attacked over illegal activity without the Traytray case for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.