Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Having a trial is important if there is some doubt on the facts of the case. There really was no doubt about the facts of this case, it is why he initially wasn't charged. All the detectives that interviewed him believed his story, even after trying to trick him. All the evidence, from phone call records and such, matched his testimony. The only eyewitness backed up his story.

That is why the prosecution looked like such a farce. It isn't that they didn't try their best, it is that the case never should have gone to trial in the first place.
To be fair here, it's not that hard to believe the police department might not give the death of a black teenager the attention it deserved. We've seen hundreds of videos of police officers behaving terribly, and that's what's they do out in public. I don't blame the public for wanting to see this case go to court, but I do blame them for not accepting the verdict once it's been made, especially when they haven't been paying attention to the trial.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I defended somebody's Facebook friend who said that if Zimmerman hadn't been carrying a gun, nobody would have died. I happen to share this point of view, and the evidence supports it too.
Except it doesn't, and we already went over that.

Hodj chose to mock this point of view, insisting that the gun saved Zimmerman's life.
Strawman and mischaracterization. Gavinrad stated exactly what I stated many pages ago.

I said it makes no sense to assume Martin would have killed Zimmerman, primarily because there is no evidence to suggest that.
And you were proven wrong by...the Defense's forensic medical examiner, as has already been cited.

Hodj, usually a stickler for evidence-based claims, chose to dismiss me outright
Wrong again. You were dismissed outright because your statements already conflict with the evidence and you have proven with your history of posts in this thread to make an unsupportable claim, and then double down on it again and again and again like you're doing now, derailing the thread into meaningless, twenty paragraph long rants by yourself about shit you clearly know nothing about.

claim to not read my posts
I don't. Usually the very first line of your posts contain at least two to three mischaracterizations and outright already known to be false statements (like this one) which is why you are now discounted outright as a troll and a bad poster

accuse me of creating an alt account
Its already known you have several alt accounts from the askamod thread.

And this is the neg

Thread: Justice for Trayvon and/or Zimmerman
You're wrong, he's right. Your argument doesn't have legs in this one.
07-14-2013 03:51 PM
redshift

And this is the poster

http://www.rerolled.org/member.php?2669-redshift

Note the exactly 5 posts too.

Prove me wrong.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I defended somebody's Facebook friend who said that if Zimmerman hadn't been carrying a gun, nobody would have died. I happen to share this point of view, and the evidence supports it too.
The problem with that pov is that you can apply it to anything. If police officers didn't carry guns, criminals would be less likely to die also. However, yes, I will concede the point that if Zimmerman hadn't had a gun, no one would have died from a gunshot. Also, if Trayvon hadn't turned around when he got home and confronted Zimmerman, no one would have died.

However, you should be willing to concede that there is a possibility Zimmerman would have received seriously bodily injury or death. This wasn't some little fight between brothers or a fight with abunch of onlookers to separate it when it got ugly.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The problem with that pov is that you can apply it to anything. If police officers didn't carry guns, criminals would be less likely to die also. However, yes, I will concede the point that if Zimmerman hadn't had a gun, no one would have died. Also, if Trayvon hadn't turned around when he got home and confronted Zimmerman, no one would have died.

However, you should be willing to concede that there is a possibility Zimmerman would have received seriously bodily injury or death. This wasn't some little fight between brothers or a fight with abunch of onlookers to separate it when it got ugly.
Are you saying you concede the point that if Zimmerman hadn't had a gun, no one would have died, or merely that is far more likely that no one would have died?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Strawman and mischaracterization. Gavinrad stated exactly what I stated many pages ago.
Nope. gav stated it was irrelevant whether or not Martin would have killed Zimmerman. I agree, you agree, but that's not what we were arguing about. Stop trying to change the subject to something that isn't about you being an idiot.

And you were proven wrong by...the Defense's forensic medical examiner, as has already been cited.
Wrong again, bitch. Medical examiner never proved Martin intended to kill Zimmerman.

Wrong again. You were dismissed outright because your statements already conflict with the evidence and you have proven with your history of posts in this thread to make an unsupportable claim, and then double down on it again and again and again like you're doing now, derailing the thread into meaningless, twenty paragraph long rants by yourself about shit you clearly know nothing about.
My statements don't conflict with any evidence at all. You would know this if you read my posts.

Its already known you have several alt accounts from the askamod thread.

And this is the neg

Thread: Justice for Trayvon and/or Zimmerman
You're wrong, he's right. Your argument doesn't have legs in this one.
07-14-2013 03:51 PM
redshift

And this is the poster

http://www.rerolled.org/member.php?2669-redshift

Prove me wrong.
QUESTION FOR MODS: is there a way to prove if someone has an alt account? If so, I'd like to get a bet going.
If I have any alt accounts at all (let alone several), I will voluntarily be RRPed for a week.
If I have no alt accounts, Hodj should do the same (pending his agreement, of course)
Is this possible to carry out? And if so, don't give away the answer before bets are officially taken please.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Are you saying you concede the point that if Zimmerman hadn't had a gun, no one would have died, or merely that is far more likely that no one would have died?
Sorry, if Zimmerman hadn't had a gun, no one would have died from a gunshot.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
The problem with that pov is that you can apply it to anything. If police officers didn't carry guns, criminals would be less likely to die also. However, yes, I will concede the point that if Zimmerman hadn't had a gun, no one would have died. Also, if Trayvon hadn't turned around when he got home and confronted Zimmerman, no one would have died.

Khalid, you used non-offensive language to make a clear and logical point I can't argue with. We are on the same page here.

Edit: Wait... you changed you point? Guess we're not on the same page after all.

khalid

Unelected Mod
This whole thing about alt accounts seems silly. Why would Tanoomba bother to generate an alt to neg Hodj? Tanoomba has been pretty straight up with arguing with people, for weeks if necessary. Makes no sense. Hodj, relax my man!

khalid

Unelected Mod
Edit: Wait... you changed you point? Guess we're not on the same page after all.
My only change is that I believe there was a possibly that Zimmerman could have died to Trayvon or even vice versa if the fight kept going on. Not having a gun does not guarantee that someone doesn't die. Do you disagree with that? Surely you don't think there is 0% chance that Zimmerman might have died if the fight had continued? If you disagree with this, why do you think Zimmerman should have been acquitted because of SD?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Nope. gav stated it was irrelevant whether or not Martin would have killed Zimmerman. I agree, you agree, but that's not what we were arguing about. Stop trying to change the subject to something that isn't about you being an idiot.
No, its not. Gavinrad summarized my position perfectly. You're just too fucking dumb to see that shit.

Wrong again, bitch. Medical examiner never proved Martin intended to kill Zimmerman.
Disproven at 40 minutes into the second section of the medical examiner questioning on the stand, intent is irrelevant.

My statements don't conflict with any evidence at all. You would know this if you read my posts
Yes, they do. The idea that the death of Martin is Zimmerman's fault for carrying a gun is, in fact, conflicting with the evidence.

QUESTION FOR MODS: is there a way to prove if someone has an alt account? If so, I'd like to get a bet going.
If I have any alt accounts at all (let alone several), I will voluntarily be RRPed for a week.
If I have no alt accounts, Hodj should do the same (pending his agreement, of course)
Is this possible to carry out? And if so, don't give away the answer before bets are officially taken please.
Its already been shown that you gave yourself plusses to get to positive through other accounts and that you then began giving negs before you made a post on this forum.

Askamod thread. You must have missed it.

This whole thing about alt accounts seems silly. Why would Tanoomba bother to generate an alt to neg Hodj? Tanoomba has been pretty straight up with arguing with people, for weeks if necessary. Makes no sense. Hodj, relax my man!
He didn't need to generate one, he already has a few. Take a look at my profile. There's two of them. Exactly 5 posts. Seems pretty non coicidental. If they're real posters let them come in here and defend Tanoomba.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Pretty much the only way is IP checking and it's pretty easy to make sure you have different IPs for different accounts. You could easily have multiple accounts without being able to prove it if you really wanted to hide it.

But yeah, I think the stuff with the +nets proves you're full of shit.

Merrith

My only change is that I believe there was a possibly that Zimmerman could have died to Trayvon or even vice versa if the fight kept going on. Not having a gun does not guarantee that someone doesn't die. Do you disagree with that? Surely you don't think there is 0% chance that Zimmerman might have died if the fight had continued? If you disagree with this, why do you think Zimmerman should have been acquitted because of SD?
Do you think him having a gun versus not significantly changes the chance that they both live through the encounter?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Here from the Askamod thread

They're also all friends in eachothers profiles..
I halfway think Mikhail became Tanny. If so it's somewhat impressive because he completely changed his method of shitposting.

Tranny started negging people before he even started posting. And for that to happen, he somehow had to get 5 +'s.

Use your admin magic to figure out exactly who nameswitched, but someone did.
Tanoomba, Mire and Marmac have shared the same ip address but that doesn't mean they're the same person. And not in a "they might be in the same house" kind of way but more of a "they might use the same internet service, be in the same neighborhood etc etc" kind of way.
In reverse order of posting because I'm lazy.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Do you think him having a gun versus not significantly changes the chance that they both live through the encounter?
Zimmerman not having a gun would have
1) Increased the chance Zimmerman might have been killed
2) Increased the chance Zimmerman would have received grievous bodily harm
3) Decreased the chance Trayvon Martin was killed

Since from all the evidence, Trayvon Martin went back from his house to confront Zimmerman and hence was the aggressor, I put the last possibility as the lesser of the things I am concerned about.

Merrith

Zimmerman not having a gun would have
1) Increased the chance Zimmerman might have been killed
2) Increased the chance Zimmerman would have received grievous bodily harm
3) Decreased the chance Trayvon Martin was killed

Since from all the evidence, Trayvon Martin went back from his house to confront Zimmerman and hence was the aggressor, I put the last possibility as the lesser of the things I am concerned about.
Well I wasn't worried about which order you were concerned about, just whether or not you think Zimmerman possessing a gun or not affected the likelihood of both of them surviving versus not. Just a gut feeling on whatever percentage of each possibility you laid out would have of happening in the case of him not having a gun versus what did as a result of him having a gun, which was ending up with one of them dead. It's not a trick question, I didn't watch or pay any real attention to the trial or case, if your honest opinion is that someone likely would have died anyways, I'd like to hear that.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The silence speaks volumes.

rrr_img_36094.jpg

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
yeah but for the same reason, crossing the street significantly increased trayvon and zimmermans chance of death with the encounter as well. there's a million things you do on a daily basis that increase your risk of dying, almost everything you do when you leave your house increases your risk of dying.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Well I wasn't worried about which order you were concerned about, just whether or not you think Zimmerman possessing a gun or not affected the likelihood of both of them surviving versus not.
You may not be concerned about it, but the differences matter to me. I am a big believer in the principle of self-defense. If you start a physical confrontation with someone, they should be able to respond with deadly force if they believe that they might receive grievous harm or even death. You simply can't depend on the police being around to protect you. I believe this also has a deterrence effect on people starting fights based on silly reasons like "he was following me".

So yeah, while you may only be concerned with "overall life totals" or something, I am much more worried about the victim of an assault getting through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.