Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Hey, the prosecution can always decide not to try him again. They don'thaveto.

And monkeys might fly out of my butt.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Prosecution just begged the judge "No mas, no mas. Need a break."

iannis

Musty Nester
Did Zimmerman shoot in hopes that it will protect him or it will kill him? How does he make a rapid decision in the heat of the moment after, according to testimonies, he got his head banged to the concrete repeatedly? Should such conditions be considered when considering self-defense?
Yeah, exactly. That's what I mean by asking the question rather than avoiding it by "permits were legal, so: reasons". Most of the answers are things you can't know, but they're still worth asking. Sometimes you'll find one that you can know and it makes a difference. Even just bothering to ask helps our laws from becoming to disconnected from the behaviors they govern.

It's stuff that I think most people would do quickly, internally, and maybe even pre-consciously. But some people really don't seem to.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
If the ME is an example of the thought process of an educated China man I would hate to hear from an uneducated one......

Oh wait...Tanoomba

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, exactly. That's what I mean by asking the question rather than avoiding it by "permits were legal, so: reasons". Most of the answers are things you can't know, but they're still worth asking. Sometimes you'll find one that you can know and it makes a difference. Even just bothering to ask helps our laws from becoming to disconnected from the behaviors they govern.

It's stuff that I think most people would do quickly, internally, and maybe even pre-consciously. But some people really don't seem to.
I see
smile.png

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I've heard before that mistrials always benefit the defense if they re-try. I don't particularly know why.

iannis

Musty Nester
thanks cad. thats what i figured

its a license to carry, but its also not a license just to have as a placebo. they let you carry in the chance that you are attacked and you use it to defend yourself. which is the case right here.
Yeah, it's a height of either irony or stupidity that this a fairly clear instance of gun regulation working to its intended purpose.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
I've heard before that mistrials always benefit the defense if they re-try. I don't particularly know why.
Because now the new Jurors who are watching TV today saw Trayvon had Blueberry kush in his system and are ready to judge.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Judge won't direct the verdict for the same reason.

The big question is going to be whether to put Zimmerman on the stand. Is there any reason for him to? Its a big risk because if everything he was going to say came out anyway, then the only thing that can happen is he gets on the stand and the prosecution gets something juicy out of him. Why give them the rope to hang you with?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
They know the thrust of the prosecution case by that point and can tailor their defense accordingly.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Judge won't direct the verdict for the same reason.

The big question is going to be whether to put Zimmerman on the stand. Is there any reason for him to? Its a big risk because if everything he was going to say came out anyway, then the only thing that can happen is he gets on the stand and the prosecution gets something juicy out of him. Why give them the rope to hang you with?
Can't the prosecution put Zimmerman on the stand?

Siliconemelons

Nope, you never have to testify vs yourself if you do not want to. And the jury is told before selection- as is most likely a filter question "if the defendant does not choose to testify will you see that as an admission of guilt?" etc etc

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
In a criminal case, they cannot call him to the stand. He can take the stand in his own defense if necessary.

Check you 5th amendment

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I like my trials like I like my sex.

Live on TV and overseen by a crusty old lady.

Sexy!

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Pfft, since when do we care about constitutional rights? This trial and its coverage is all about public opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.