Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
At first I was torn between incompetence and just really not having much to work with. I'm now pretty sure it's incompetence.

Between this and Casey Anthony can we just fire all of floridas lawyers and start over

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
all those years of john grisham novels had me believing that southern lawyers knew what the fuck they were doing. i guess that part was fiction as well. is it easier to become a lawyer down in florida? i mean do you take your bar exam through the University of Phoenix?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Why this shit will the judge not allow the toxicology into the trial. Fucking bullshit.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
all those years of john grisham novels had me believing that southern lawyers knew what the fuck they were doing. i guess that part was fiction as well. is it easier to become a lawyer down in florida? i mean do you take your bar exam through the University of Phoenix?
Anything south of the panhandle in Florida is not "the south" regardless of its geographical location.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This fucking Medical Examiner just said, on the stand, "I have no memory of the day of the autopsy"

Bows

Golden Knight of the Realm
Why this shit will the judge not allow the toxicology into the trial. Fucking bullshit.
The Judge is in on it. Has to be, watch any time the prosecution asks for a side bar, it is always granted, I've only seen maybe 2 or 3 times that a defense side bar has been allowed. Also her ruling on the tox reports is being called a judicial error or something to that effect, basically, since the ME's opinion on it changed, it should be admissible.

iannis

Musty Nester
Nothing wrong with a witness refering to notes to answer questions... but if that's all they do and if they won't answer questions not in their notes you might as well just take the notes as testimony and dismiss the witness.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
And it's not like they didn't know this was going to be televised... What the fuck goes on during non-televised trials? Do the attorneys play Mario Kart to determine the winner? Rock'em Sock'em Robots? Does the judge flip a coin? Holy shit.

iannis

Musty Nester
I wonder if chingchong doesn't want his notes to be taken because he's terrified of perjury charges.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I wonder if chingchong doesn't want his notes to be taken because he's terrified of perjury charges.
That exact same thought has crossed my mind.

This guy is ripe for perjury, and this trial is fast becoming ripe for mistrial.

ili_sl

shitlord
Facts aren't useful to Americans, we don't care about them or want them.

It is obvious that George was a Latin King by searching images on google for latin kings florida and that Trayvon a Blood by the blood on his sweater. It was all just gang related. We should be happy that one gang member is dead an one is going to jail. God Bless America.

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
I think they're intentionally trying to throw the case for the television cameras to hide the fact from the public that they never even had a case to begin with.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Zimmerman's version of the story says it was only Martin's trying to grab his gun that forced him to shoot him. Therefore, the gun he was carrying may have played a larger role in the shooting than the beating he was receiving.
This is a good point. So, once Zimmerman had control of the gun is he allowed to shoot Martin when the only reason he feared for his life was Martin getting control of the gun? Does Zimmerman's version of the story have Martin trying to wrestle the gun from him after it's in his control? Does that matter?

Also, after Martin allegedly completely physically dominated Zimmerman and was beating him down, wouldn't you think he'd be able to also get the gun if he was trying to get it BEFORE Zimmerman? How would Zimmerman even notice him looking at his gun if he's getting his head bashed into the ground?

iannis

Musty Nester
It's a very fine point and it probably shouldn't matter. I'm no lawyer even on the internet, but I don't think legally it does matter.

But that is the only point that would cause me personally to give a "not guilty, what bullshit is the state trying to pull?" decision a second thought. How much responsibility does Zimmerman bear in bringing that gun?

Well, from what we seem to know Zimmerman made reasonable attempts not to use it until such point as he was forced to use it. So even though I recognize that question as a valid one to ask where other people may not, in asking it I'm still led to the conclusion that he acted as responsibly as he was able.

It's a moral consideration really. They're going for jury nullification of stand your ground. They just had to have been able to find a better case than this for doing it.

Edit: And this is all from the prosecutions argument. lol.
frown.png

Status
Not open for further replies.