Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Definitely depends on the state. A bit different situation one of my wifes buddies went away for 3 yrs for firing a shotgun into the air while his best friend was getting beaten to the edge of his life. I know its a totally different situation, but it seems a bit fucked up.
was this before or after our VP told us this was a valid self defense tactic?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
When did I say I didn't find Zimmerman's story credible?
Like I said repeatedly, there is zero proof that Zimmerman attacked first. There is also zero proof that Martin attacked first.
Zimmerman's story is proof of nothing. Nothing. What people heard, what the medical examiners observed, what has been recorded, what the clothing stains show: all of these count as proof that either support or refute Zimmerman's story. No proof exists to show who started the fight. It simply doesn't exist. Because it doesn't exist, we have no choice but to find Zimmerman innocent (which is the way it should be). It doesn't mean Zimmerman proved he didn't attack first, it means it couldn't be proven that hedid, which is all that matters.
Again, all this bullshit does not matter anyway. It does not matter who started the fight, and who chased who. As I understand it all this shit means jack and shit when it comes to stand your ground in florida.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Again, all this bullshit does not matter anyway. It does not matter who started the fight, and who chased who. As I understand it all this shit means jack and shit when it comes to stand your ground in florida.
The defense is not claiming Stand Your Ground as part of their defense, however.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
SYG is only valid if you are the person being attacked, not if you initiate the attack. Plus, it's been suggested that Zimmerman isn't using SYG as his defense.

You're right, though, in the end it doesn't matter who started the fight, simply because it can't be proven either way.
It would matter very much (probably more than any other circumstance in this case) if we had any proof, but since there is none it's unfortunately a moot point.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
How would it matter who stated the fight anyway? Lets say I started the fight and I got my ass handed to me. So now Im on the ground and the dude is choking the life out of me, or bashing my head into the concrete, or kicking my head or wahtever. So now because I started the fight I cannot defend my life? Thats absurd.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
How would it matter who stated the fight anyway? Lets say I started the fight and I got my ass handed to me. So now Im on the ground and the dude is choking the life out of me, or bashing my head into the concrete, or kicking my head or wahtever. So now because I started the fight I cannot defend my life? Thats absurd.
I guess its an incentive not to start fights. The guy who killed you would be guilty of manslaughter, but yea. You're in a bad spot if you start fights, no question.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Of course you can defend yourself. You'll just be guilty of manslaughter at a minimum because you created the situation that led to the shooting.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Normal people in Canada alert the proper authorities and then go about their own business.
what's fucked up about that world view is cops aren't legally obligated to protect you from anything, they only arrest criminals after a crime has been committed. You have to protect yourself, nobody else is obligated too.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
What if one of them is a woman?
I've read cases where women were considered to be at a considerable disadvantage and so they were much more likely to be in fear for their life, and so their use of deadly force is more easily justified. But if they start fights? Don't think it'd help them.

CNN is spinning the fight gym's slogan of "Best Fight Gym in the World" in the direction of "GZ must have been a superior athlete to have attended such an institution"

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I never knew that was all it took. I think one around here has Best Gym in the Area. I am signing up now.

iannis

Musty Nester
CNN is spinning the fight gym's slogan of "Best Fight Gym in the World" in the direction of "GZ must have been a superior athlete to have attended such an institution"
DOES THE JURY HAVE EYES? HAVE THEY LOOKED AT THAT FAT MEXICAN?

Of course he needs to go to the gym. Good on 'im.

Status
Not open for further replies.