Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
notice it says "all american boy" and not "all american man", that's the part I object to, adolescent behavior glorification.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
rrr_img_35254.jpg

Smart plan!! Please please please pick my neighborhood! >
smile.png
Or mine, i'm in Florida... Let the good times roll.

Bows

Golden Knight of the Realm
Shit I chose the wrong time to go on vacation, I'm in an area that is 62% Trayvon, please let the jury not decide until Monday!

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Shit I chose the wrong time to go on vacation, I'm in an area that is 62% Trayvon, please let the jury not decide until Monday!
I usually go to places that are 0 percent Trayvon for vacations. In other words.....Out of the fucking city. What is wrong with you?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Citation Needed on the black pathers picture, pls. If it's true, it's an NRA member's wet fucking dream come true. Finally all those years stockpiling ammo and guns, and time spent at the shooting range have paid off.

You'll have every obese NRA member in full camo patrolling the burbs with their AR.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I know nothing about guns. I'm one of those assholes who identifies everything as an AK
frown.png

rrr_img_35349.jpg

That's not to say I don't like guns. When the time is right, I think Mrs Adebisi and I will settle down and have some guns.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So the Broward County Sheriff's department are white right wing racists?

http://www.sheriff.org/posts/post.cf...6-a3a4ca5438d3

The Broward Sheriff's Office, working closely with the Sanford Police Department and other local law enforcement agencies, has coordinated a response plan in anticipation of the verdict.

Freedom of expression is a constitutional right. While raising your voice is encouraged, using your hands is not. BSO has created a public service announcement with the help of kids from the Jason Taylor Foundation, H.A.N.D.Y. (Helping Abused, Neglected, Disadvantaged Youth) and basketball star James Jones of the championship Miami Heat team urging young people not to let their emotions get the best of them.

"We don't have information about a specific event that might take place at the conclusion of the trial, but we encourage everyone to keep any protests peaceful," Sheriff Scott Israel said.

Members of the BSO Strategic Investigation Division have been monitoring the pulse of the situation, maintaining open lines of communication with community leaders, civic activists, members of the clergy, as well as local, state and federal agencies.

***MEDIA NOTE: Two video PSAs and audio files of each are available for download from our websitewww.sheriff.org.
Not that I expect a riot, I don't, actually. Most expectations of a riot come from post Katrina looting and the response to the Rodney King trial back in the 90s. This situation doesn't even remotely resemble either of those, in the case of the Rodney King situation, even though race is a large issue in this case, you simply don't have the level of violence and general discontent among African Americans in Florida as you had during the 90s in LA and most of California at the height of the crack epidemic and the gang wars.

But law enforcement are expecting some sort of reaction.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
Meh, police have to do their job by reacting to the crazy talk of non-existent riots else they would be mocked for not doing anything proactively.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The riot talk is definitely overblown, I agree with that.

If Zimmerman is found not guilty, there will certainly be some protests, I doubt the looting and rioting will be widespread. Might be some out of control teens and 20 somethings do some stuff, but I doubt we're going to see post Katrina or Rodney King style rioting by any measure.

added: For one thing, the Rodney King verdict was completely unexpected at the time, whereas even the Justice for Trayvon page has had some awakenings as to the likelihood that Zimmerman will be found guilty of 2nd degree murder, so it won't be as shocking. When the Rodney King verdict came down, and the people were exonerated, that was a real shock at the time, I can remember people were really just shocked that was the verdict.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yup. And now Prosecutors are trying to get "child abuse" charged leveled too...because Martin was 17 at the time of shooting.

Attempt to taint the jury clearly, but also just flat out retarded. Martin would have been charged as an adult for assault had he never been shot.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
There will be riots because it's been a long time since these folks have been shopping. You got too many people chomping at the bit to upgrade their flat screen. Don't act like florida doesn't have a history of rioting. No citation, but I've heard the new black panthers in Houston are looking for people to send to florida to protest the verdict.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You can always tell someone is an asshole when they call Trayvon a child.

I'll also go on record as saying that any rioting will be very limited.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The State is basically throwing a temper tantrum here. "We didn't get what we want, so now we're going to throw everything at you we can hopefully something will stick."

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The State is basically throwing a temper tantrum here. "We didn't get what we want, so now we're going to throw everything at you we can hopefully something will stick."
It's kind of depressing. If these were two white kids this wouldn't have happened, hell it wouldn't even have gotten national attention. He would have gotten off most likely with claiming self-defense and that would've been the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.