Justice League (2017)

Caliane

Theres no way Synder can capture the God of Tyranny and comfy couches either. just going to be eye lasers and punchman.

Infiltration, collaborators, enslavement. Then the war machine of Apokolips come for you. there is on hope. there is only Darksied.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Theres no way Synder can capture the God of Tyranny and comfy couches either. just going to be eye lasers and punchman.
One Punch Fighting GIF

spronk

FPS noob
you know what would make a 4h30m trainwreck even better

Kevin Smith hosting a viewing party about it

• 5Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 5 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If this shit slaps dick it could mean Cavill back in as Superman.

He just made another pitch to Warner as early as last month regarding Man of Steel 2. Warner is still shutting it down, but if this hits, that changes the conversation.

Cavill just seems like a good fucking guy, obviously they need to right the train wreck somehow but if he was on board they should be seriously considering it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
you know what would make a 4h30m trainwreck even better

Kevin Smith hosting a viewing party about it

I worf your post because you deserve a plus for posting this but in real life I cringed.

This movie looks laughably bad, but you know when you watch it on long format it won't be funny because it will just be sad. I will enjoy the highlight reels and youtube reviews.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I worf your post because you deserve a plus for posting this but in real life I cringed.

This movie looks laughably bad, but you know when you watch it on long format it won't be funny because it will just be sad. I will enjoy the highlight reels and youtube reviews.
i can imagine it being like Wonder Woman 1984 except instead of it being a 2.5 hour movie feeling like 4.5 hours, its a 4.5 hour movie feeling like 6.5 hours. thats also a big nope from me watching Smith with his weird former fattie face drone on about how he jacks off to DC Comics every day. dude has been a studio shill for the last 20 years, if its a good movie, its a good movie. i dont need him to tell me how good it is.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Cavill just seems like a good fucking guy, obviously they need to right the train wreck somehow but if he was on board they should be seriously considering it.

He worked with the writer personally on the sequel treatment he pitched last month. The writer said Warner were dicks about it.

They're really sucking JJ off now. I hope the new Superman project bombs so Cavill can say I told you so.

But keep in mind-- Cavill has been here before in negotiations where it looks like he's walking and Warner is booting him, only to re-sign another contract. So give it at least a year to 1.5 years before the dust settles.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
One of the early reviews I saw was talking about how it's not fundamentally different from the Whedon version, there is just 2.5 hours more shit added on.

• 1Jonesing
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Steppenwolf is a stupid character with a stupid name and a stupid design. They even make fun of all of the above within the comics themselves. He's a fucking nobody and Joss Whedon went with him as the primary villain because he's a fucking moron and was actively trying to destroy the film because he's a spiteful cunt who was still panty twisted over getting jerked around during the development of the Ultron movie.

Desaad is Darkseid's right hand man and at some point effectively replaces Darkseid. They're both monstrously more interesting characters when it comes to facing down Superman and his ridiculous power level, as well as taking on the Justice League. Darkseid is singularly minded. Conquer and rule planets. Apokolips is some volcano planet with millions of slaves. The one time Superman goes to his planet, he doesn't outright murder or topple Darkseid, because millions of slaves would die without his rule. Superman just says don't fucking leave this planet again. It's a weirdly interesting trolley problem with an interesting conversation in ethics. Desaad was originally kind of a joke version of Darkseid, but later become more of a badass than a bumbling Starsceam to Darkseid's Megatron. I am very interested to see what Snyder does with those characters.

Joker and Deathstroke are wonderful villains for Batman to deal with. Mostly because they can't blow up a planet by punching it, so fighting them makes more sense for some depressed psychotic human in an armored bat suit.

The Flash has a nice rogues gallery, and many, many good stories. They're fucking up by not taking advantage of that. Though after 16 different speedster villains in the Flash TV series, we may be burned out there.

Cyborg is a lame character when not associated to the fuckin Teen Titans. He's a token black character that gets plugged in as a plot device. He's not interesting, complex, or fun, and has no real named villains. He's still pretty cool, but I'd pick like 26 other Justice League characters before him. It's fucking hilarious to me they got the biggest pussy Nancy boy to play his character and he ends up being so insufferable they just fire his ass, and he continues to cry about it on Twitter almost daily. Sorry, dude, you're never working in Hollywood again. Way to salt the earth.

Wonder Woman.... sigh, they just nose dived that franchise. I don't know why they don't understand that it's so fucking easy to do these cornerstone characters. Pick a decent villain. Don't let him overact or get ridiculous like dragon breath from Ironman 3 or Trump from WW1984. Just look at how Michael Keaton nailed the fucking Vulture, or Tom Huddleston as Loki. So they added a shitty Cheetah. God, that Cats CGI cat asshole trash on top of a stupid story. That said, she does well in a group facing a Superman level threat.

Spots with Martian Manhunter would be cool. I could see an Aquaman style movie covering his origins. Speaking of Aquaman, he can be a cool character, but they made him an idiot surfer fag with stupid action and poor CGI. He can act, and the scene where he's sitting on the lasso of truth is one of the better scenes in the whole fuckin movie.

Anywho, /rant off. Heyuuge DC fanboy. I'm just hoping it gets rid of the extremely stupid parts (like the CGI mustache, and the stupid "comedy" voice over lines they added in post production, "is this guy bothering you?" fucking cringe).

• 2Like
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 2 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Every DC trailer I've ever seen looks dark and gloomy. To me that's the exact opposite of what comic books and the worlds they created were meant to be. Visually unappealing. Throw this one on the giant pile of "hard pass" that Hollywood keeps churning out.

• 2Like

Caliane

Every DC trailer I've ever seen looks dark and gloomy. To me that's the exact opposite of what comic books and the worlds they created were meant to be. Visually unappealing. Throw this one on the giant pile of "hard pass" that Hollywood keeps churning out.
yeah, thats 100% the problem with Synder.

I think we talked about this way back when. probably Man of Steel. A great director would have done it on purpose. start, drab, grey, gloomy, and "real". but as Clark becomes superman, and Hope takes over. the world should spring to life in full color.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Shazam wasnt that way, and it was a really good DC movie

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
aquaman was also goofy as fuck but extremely colorful and fun to watch.

Its kinda funny to think about how nothing in the DC universe is really syncing. We've got alt verse Joker (sad clown) that everyone thinks is a Scorsese movie and has a sequel greenlit, Wonder Woman 3, Aquaman 2 and Shazam 2 are in development but completely standalone, Suicide Squad (reboot) is due out but has nothing to do with anything else, white Batman is filming a reboot right now and now they are mulling a black Superman and black Batman reboot literally like the 3d time in 5 years. I'm sure there are even more standalone movies that have absolutely nothing to do with each other. I'm sure DC has their own versions of Black Panther and Mexican Panther in the works.

what a real mess, guess no Justice League reboot anytime soon since all the characters are all over the place.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
aquaman was also goofy as fuck but extremely colorful and fun to watch.

Its kinda funny to think about how nothing in the DC universe is really syncing. We've got alt verse Joker (sad clown) that everyone thinks is a Scorsese movie and has a sequel greenlit, Wonder Woman 3, Aquaman 2 and Shazam 2 are in development but completely standalone, Suicide Squad (reboot) is due out but has nothing to do with anything else, white Batman is filming a reboot right now and now they are mulling a black Superman and black Batman reboot literally like the 3d time in 5 years. I'm sure there are even more standalone movies that have absolutely nothing to do with each other. I'm sure DC has their own versions of Black Panther and Mexican Panther in the works.

what a real mess, guess no Justice League reboot anytime soon since all the characters are all over the place.
This right here
This is why the DCEU sucks balls
There is no unity, no cohesion...no one voice to align the visions of the directors.
DCEU needs a Kevin Feige

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
One thing people do not fully grasp is that Warner has a corp culture where they make different divisions compete with each other. So you literally have their TV, Comic, and Movie divisions at war with one another over how to make this shit work, when they really need one fucking dictator figure to give it all a singular continuity like Marvel has. They are literally undermining themselves. Example, that crisis of infinite derps crossover bit with Ezra caused all sorts of butthurt within their cinema leadership ranks because they literally do not want to help out the TV arm of the IP. And there are many other examples of that kind of infighting. Anything they do successfully will end up being done on accident.

That said, I am looking forward to the Snyder cut of this, as the restored Watchmen movie is probably one of my favorite superhero movies of all time.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
Example, that crisis of infinite derps crossover bit with Ezra caused all sorts of butthurt within their cinema leadership ranks because they literally do not want to help out the TV arm of the IP. And there are many other examples of that kind of infighting. Anything they do successfully will end up being done on accident.

That said, I am looking forward to the Snyder cut of this, as the restored Watchmen movie is probably one of my favorite superhero movies of all time.
I believe this. There was an interview with marc guggenheim and he stated It happened because someone way above the divisions ordered it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah, thats 100% the problem with Synder.

I think we talked about this way back when. probably Man of Steel. A great director would have done it on purpose. start, drab, grey, gloomy, and "real". but as Clark becomes superman, and Hope takes over. the world should spring to life in full color.
i bemoaned this a month ago. with Batman, everyone expects grimdark, but not with Supes or Wonder Woman. i dont want that shit. kids didnt start reading comics for that either. kids can still enjoy the MCU films because they are just the right amount of lighthearted for them while still being serious enough for the adults. i imagine when Thanos did his snap, there were a ton of pissed off parents having to calm their crying toddlers.

• 1Like