Justice League (2017)

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
One thing people do not fully grasp is that Warner has a corp culture where they make different divisions compete with each other. So you literally have their TV, Comic, and Movie divisions at war with one another over how to make this shit work, when they really need one fucking dictator figure to give it all a singular continuity like Marvel has. They are literally undermining themselves. Example, that crisis of infinite derps crossover bit with Ezra caused all sorts of butthurt within their cinema leadership ranks because they literally do not want to help out the TV arm of the IP. And there are many other examples of that kind of infighting. Anything they do successfully will end up being done on accident.

That said, I am looking forward to the Snyder cut of this, as the restored Watchmen movie is probably one of my favorite superhero movies of all time.
I have a close friend that inks some of the top tier DC comics and this is pretty much what I hear from him. They have no idea whatsoever what the TV and movie side is doing in relation to the comics, and on the flipside, they get treated like they don't exist at all when it comes to prescreening movies or the tv stuff. He said its gotten marginally better in the last year, but as the main inker in the last decade for one of the constants in the JL, he literally had no idea what they were doing with his character in the movie before he saw it.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Variety review headlines say its better than Avengers saga, which kind of spans the gamut from Avengers 2 to Infinity War, but if this is really better than all of them...:

‘Zack Snyder’s Justice League’ Review: The Director’s Four-Hour Cut Is Truly a New Film — and a Knockout​

It's rooted in comic-book convention, but it's now told with a skillful grandeur that trumps the "Avengers" saga.

• 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Variety review headlines say its better than Avengers saga, which kind of spans the gamut from Avengers 2 to Infinity War, but if this is really better than all of them...:

‘Zack Snyder’s Justice League’ Review: The Director’s Four-Hour Cut Is Truly a New Film — and a Knockout​

It's rooted in comic-book convention, but it's now told with a skillful grandeur that trumps the "Avengers" saga.
lol this was their review of WW84

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Lmao. I actually like BvS, JL, etc. and obviously I haven’t seen Snyder cut ... but to suggest that any of this can remotely compare to the avengers is insane to me. I wonder why all the good reviews? Shit man, it’s making me excited and then it won’t live up to the hype.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lmao. I actually like BvS, JL, etc. and obviously I haven’t seen Snyder cut ... but to suggest that any of this can remotely compare to the avengers is insane to me. I wonder why all the good reviews? Shit man, it’s making me excited and then it won’t live up to the hype.
I'm setting my expectations so low that i will be shocked if its better than justice league theatrical cut. Joss whedon knows to make movies. He did make the avengers.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
im guessing the majority of that $70M they gave snyder to reshoot this film actually went towards buying positive reviews

• 2Worf

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I'm setting my expectations so low that i will be shocked if its better than justice league theatrical cut. Joss whedon knows to make movies. He did make the avengers.

Patty Jenkins also made WW and WW84. It’s just crazy that they can have some blatant hits and misses. I know Whedon was left with a mess for JL and it may not be his fault. I’m doing the same, expectations so low.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Patty Jenkins also made WW and WW84. It’s just crazy that they can have some blatant hits and misses. I know Whedon was left with a mess for JL and it may not be his fault. I’m doing the same, expectations so low.
Jenkins had much less control in the original WW and she decided that she would also write the script for ww84. That didnt work out well. Yeah, whedon got the shit end of the stick.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

Trust me. This is a strong horse. It's better than Avengers and your mind can't be changed.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Trust me. This is a strong horse. It's better than Avengers and your mind can't be changed.
i bet the "better than Avengers" argument comes from if Snyder's version of Justice League is better than Whedon's Justice League that somehow means its better than Avengers because Whedon made both.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The value here is don't let Hollywood ruin this stuff.

Whether or not the movie is better is irrelevant to me.

Someone nailed this with the "making it their idea" which must obviously be better comment in another thread. Reckon it was vidya related.

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If making Justice League better than Avengers means I have to watch a 4.5 hour movie, Ill pass. The first Avengers movie is pretty much perfect and only half the time.

• 2Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It would not shock me if it were better than some of the Avengers movies, particularly Ultron and Civil War. Hell Watchmen was better than all of them, save Infinity War, and I personally even liked the Whedon JL more than Ultron. But internet rage machine is going to edgelord, either way. Honestly a lot of Marvel stuff is overrated, but its built on a broader set of movies so it often gets a pass. Ultron was a mostly meh movie and Civil War was basically "Marvel Misunderstanding: The Movie", along with clunkers like Captain Marvel, Thor 2, and Iron Man 2. It has been mentioned, but the biggest problem is WB impatience in setting shit up properly and no central guiding strategy. And that has as much to do with their own infighting as anything else.

I am braced for the worst, but hoping for the best. I could see bits and pieces of a good movie in JL. Hopefully if Snyder goes all Grimdark (kind of his thing) it ends up more like Watchmen and less like Sucker Punch.

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Hearing pretty positive things here - going in with zero expectations, but hoping to be surprised in a positive way. We'll see...

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
this movie will be like Wandavision

long, boring, tedious and ultimately unsatisfying