Justice League (2017)

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
yes i know, but they have the footage in 16:9 as well. why would they release only one aspect ratio version for TV?

i guess, i was trying to give it a fair shake and only commented on the glaring shit. its definitely some kind of ridiculous social message, i didnt know white inaction was a thing and that the principal was supposed to be the bad guy there. thats crazy. your average high school has several hundred students at any given time and its going to be more than one doing poorly. thats what teachers are for.
The funny thing is, one of the few times I've faced a principal was because I bypassed the network security on the school library computers so I could download Doom and Warcraft 2 and play online. And not because of what I did, but because the idiot friend I did it with managed to fuck up an array of desktops by deleting shared files when I wasn't around (I believe their idiot tech had to reimage a dozen systems).

Another time was for skipping class to read my own novel in the bathroom during a language arts class.

So I totally get and can relate to the situation. The one aspect they were missing is the school counselor managing the conversation. They would be involved, especially if an involved student had experienced some wild shit outside of school.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
oh and also, why was the movie in 4:3 aspect ratio?
the original cut was 16:9

Everything was shot in Imax ratio (1.4:1, give or take). So the Original cut was cropped to widescreen, not this one was cropped to 4:3. This ratio is what was originally filmed.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
is that normal?
I mean he intended to film for IMAX, so it's normal if that's your plan. Cropping to fit a normal screen from that point for TV consumption is also pretty common but you obviously lose content anytime you do that. That matters more for some movies than others.

• 1Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hit half way mark, I never watched the original but this is hard to watch. I only keep watching for fan service like green lantern ring flying off

Actually loved superman(MoS) and need to watch that and go back to never knowing what came after. Also I don't know if intentional but wonder killing people was nice

Last edited:

Fucker

Log Wizard
i thought i was going crazy, in one scene Adams still has nice legs, but in other angles she looks like she chunked up quite a bit. maybe those were stunt legs! :p

Well she was 15lbs overweight for the film on top of being in her early 40's....that's when babushka legs start coming in for a lot of women, and nylons are no longer worn, so you will get your summer sausages and like them.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
just a random Wonder Woman gif
G0lL9Br.gif

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Holy fuck that was amaze-balls, so much better than the theatrical cut, and way better than most Zach Snyder movies end up. Could have been an amazing DCEU if they hadn't fucked it up. I understand getting rid of all the Cyborg stuff for time but it was good to see in this cut, even if in RL dude has issues. So much stupid stuff removed was Whedon, although I missed the lasso/Aquaman scene. Snyder was remarkably restrained. I am super shocked it was as good as it was.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Xerge

<Donor>
can someone nerd out on supes for me? i was under the impression the black suit would have been due to his death or whatever.

However as supes is walking through the ship he passes copies of various 'armors'. Was the black suit choice effectively an upgrade?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
can someone nerd out on supes for me? i was under the impression the black suit would have been due to his death or whatever.

However as supes is walking through the ship he passes copies of various 'armors'. Was the black suit choice effectively an upgrade?
It was to help collect solar radiation to heal him faster. If I remember right.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have only ever seen clips of the various fights (mostly superman coming back and the final with Steppenwolf at the reactor) from the theatrical. This was... this was actually pretty enjoyable, with a bunch of straight up comic-book-nerd guy nods. F'n long (that epilogue stuff was interesting but plz don't start your film franchise with hobbits crying for 45 minutes at the end. Just.... don't) but I watched it in a pair of chunks and it was honestly pretty cool.

I liked the way the characters interacted, and while I haven't seen BvS, it felt like a pretty good movie with info from the previous that I could latch onto and intros into future stuff. Though, I would say, the intros to future stuff was waaaaaay heavy handed. Like they wanted the Epilogue to literally just be "And see this next time on The Batman. And this on The Flash. And this on Aquaman!" and it was a bit much, even if Deathstroke is one of my favorite characters in the DC universe.

All in all? If you have 4 hours to burn, you could certainly do worse. It's pretty decent for what it is, and felt -way- closer to some Darkseid inspired comics than the clips I saw from the theatrical.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The audio was annoying me at points. I had to crank it up to catch the vocal audio in some scenes because the shit isn't normalized across the entire thing.

More like your system is uncalibrated or there's a setting wrong. I had zero issue listening in atmos on my 5.1.2 calibrated system.

Not remotely comparable to the trash audio mixes of Nolan films

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
. I understand getting rid of all the Cyborg stuff for time but it was good to see in this cut, even if in RL dude has issues.

Cyborg had a pretty deep character arc and was the solution to the macguffin of the motherboxes. I can understand the actor being pissed that his role was reduced to almost nothing by Wheddon.

Although, I did see tweets praising the Snyder cut for restoring the arc and saying it was "embarassing" for Whedon, well the Synder cut was 4 hours long, so clearly some stuff would have had to be trimmed (60-90minutes) for any Synder theatrical cut

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I fucking loved it.
Such a huge improvement.
Crazy how basically the same movie can be such an improvement. Cyborg was an actual character done well! Loved Supes return !

we need to crowdfund JL2

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This was so much better than the original cut, and explains all re: WB's utterly disgraceful handling of the DC library. It's long, and I felt could have been broken up into several films, but it's watchable, more cohesive and just generally a massive improvement. The 4:3 didn't bother me much after about 20 minutes.

7/10.

Still not up there with the best Marvel films, but by far the best DC film I think.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Screenshotted>
Right, the concept of showing a super hero team charging in didn't exist until 2015.

Your takes are shit

the concept exists, but the shameless copying shouldnt

the paint by numbers recreation of the Avengers shot is horrible because it so desperately wants to be them, but the powers of these characters make this nonsensical

they COPIED everything, literally down to a guy riding in a vehicle (cap/motorcycle batman/car), or guy with a mech suit flying along. How is Aquaman even keeping up at 100 mph? He cant fly. Why is Flash jogging only at 100 mph? Just slowing down for the shot? Wonder Woman can fly now? I thought she couldnt. She didnt fly anywhere in Whedon's JL.

• 1Garbage