Justified - Season 4 starts Jan 8th

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Rewatched bits of the episode this morning while waiting for a visitor and I've jumped back off the Shelby = Drew train.

It's too obvious, just too damn obvious for it to be him. Add in Shelby having too much backstory for them to handwave away, all those years working in the mines after leaving the police force first time round etc.

With such blatant misdirection I now think it's one of the surviving Hill crowd, probably the one who looked the least scared of Boyd when he had them sat in his bar, the gray haired chap iirc. The other two looked like they had had a rather nasty surprise (although the Judge should be used to surprises at Boyds after Ellen May tried to shoot him
tongue.png
) but the grey haired chap just seemed to stare him down. After deciding it wasn't Shelby and that "Drew" has probably been onscreen so far as producing him out of thin air would be just as bad a cop-out (haha! *coughs*) that leads me to this chap.

I look forward to being proved wrong very soon! 5 episodes to go.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
^^^ Whoops
biggrin.png

4 episodes to go and it appears everything is in place already so there must be some really wild shenanigans still in store!

Surprised Tim didn't at least arrest Colt, wondering if he wants the satisfaction of killing him without any witnesses.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even more hinting at Shelby. It can't be him, too obvious. And hill people lady said he was hobnobbing with local bigshots at the bluegrass festival. When we met him he was living in what was basically a shack in the woods.

I'm still not sure who it is, just hoping it's not Shelby just because it seems so obvious at this point. Maybe the real Drew died or something and Shelby knew him.

Goatface

Surprised Tim didn't at least arrest Colt, wondering if he wants the satisfaction of killing him without any witnesses.
Tim had a great line when talking to the preacher's sister, something like his eyes will be clear when i take him down

MartyrDumb_sl

shitlord
Been loving the show since it first aired. Though now I just found out that Tim (Which it's awesome he's getting more screen time), was in fucking Eurotrip! Plus I just started watching The Pacific for the first time...I hope Tim kills the fuck out of the guy who isn't Rob Schneider from Men Behaving Badly.

rrr_img_16632.jpg

rrr_img_16633.jpg

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Art has been getting some awesome lines this season.

Okay I want everybody to stop for a moment and acknowledge that this guy is a badass.

"He shoots Theo Tonin, fakes his own death in a spectacular fashion, pushes a guy out of an air plane while he's flying it, and parachutes into Harlan county with enough coke and cash to jumpstart the economy of a small country. And then, he has the balls to get a job in law enforcement, not once, but two times! He spends a couple of days riding around with you while you're looking for him. And now he's run off with a hooker that's half his age. That's some bad ass shit."

Injektilo_sl

shitlord
I laughed so fucking hard at that speech that i missed a good portion of the dialogue in the next scene, but it was so worth it. Art definitely picked a hell of a case to go out on, lol

Fazana_sl

shitlord
They threw the Art is retiring thing at the start of this season out there but they don't really go out of their way to explain how short the time frames are in Justified. This season is only 10 days or so long at this point for example and apparently they are only six months on from S01E01!

I don't think Art is going anywhere just yet, he's just announced he is on his downhill stretch. Then again they may decide to take a long time jump between seasons, give Raylan's kid a few years on him/her etc.

I thought Raylan was going to end up boffing Rachel earlier in the season when she was talking about her divorce and last nights little repartee makes me think it will happen eventually with the awkward workplace repercussions to follow
smile.png

Three episodes to go, can only presume there's some really wild shenanigans over the Marshalls holding onto Drew. Will Theo Tonin be nuts enough to send the heavy mob in? Then again he had an FBI agent blown away (by his friend no less!) a few days earlier so I doubt he's thinking straight over such a long term hatred.

Boyd has to know it was Johnny that set him up right? No-one else even comes close to being in the right position to drop him in the shit, Johnny fucked that one up bigtime.

smile.png

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
Arts speech was pure gold. Boyd should know it was Johnny, his character is odd; he goes from knowing a lot and seeing angles to not knowing shit and being blind a little too often.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Johnny may be semi-retarded but at least he was quick enough to see his best shot of surviving is giving up Drew to Raylan. The last thing Johnny would want is Boyd $500,000 richer and Tonin's pocket man in Harlan. At least with Drew in custody, Boyd will be a little busy getting out of the doghouse with Tonin's boys and getting Ellen May from Limehouse, giving him a little more time to figure something else out.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Art has been getting some awesome lines this season.

Okay I want everybody to stop for a moment and acknowledge that this guy is a badass.

"He shoots Theo Tonin, fakes his own death in a spectacular fashion, pushes a guy out of an air plane while he's flying it, and parachutes into Harlan county with enough coke and cash to jumpstart the economy of a small country. And then, he has the balls to get a job in law enforcement, not once, but two times! He spends a couple of days riding around with you while you're looking for him. And now he's run off with a hooker that's half his age. That's some bad ass shit."
Art is so fucking awesome. He has been absolutely killing it in his limited screen time.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Talking of limited screentime, it's fucking amazing how Ellen May has knocked it out of the park when she has been asked to go from comic relief dumb prostitute girl to the likes of what we saw this week. I can't see her around next season whether dead or moved on due to events but she will deffo be missed.

I still think Ava is going to end up brown bread this season along with Johnny and Cole. Whether it be Johnny Cole or Ellen May causing it I don't know but there's so much shit going on there I can see Boyd ending up completely on his own, well except for snakebiteface who reappeared this week.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
What the fuck is brown bread? SPEAK AMERICA FOREIGNER!

I think Johnny and Cole are done but Ava will make it out ok.

Goatface

i was for certain more people were going to die. can not wait till next week to see the fallout.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This week's ep might be my favorite of the whole series. I love the Raylan vs. Boyd chess match going on at the same time as the Tim vs. Colt chess match out on the highway. I also love that Bob got to be a badass.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Bob was the motherfucking man this episode. You underestimate him at your peril, indeed.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Can't help but repeat the love shown above, what a brilliant episode from start to finish. Drewbacca, oh dear
biggrin.png

There went my "Johnny is working Duffy for Boyd" theory, I've been consistently wrong this season but who cares, what great telly.