Kegz (not Kegkilla) caught DDOSing P99, drags his RL job/company into the mess

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Status
Not open for further replies.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not a lawyer.. but I'm high and I'm on the Internet so I got a PHD in astrophysics and I graduated Valedictorian from Harvard Law so anyways...

I seriously doubt anything will come of this because it's loleq but if it does Kegz should force a trial and challenge everything.. make p99 go to court and then put that shit on the stand.. then there will be no classic eq.. it will be glorious..

kegz will win ultimate troll of the internet award...
Nothing will come of this except forum trolling, and possibly real life trolling.

What the fuck can either side really do? This is all in reference to DDoSing an ILLEGALLY hosted Everquest Emulator server. So, so fucking silly.

othree

The bottom line, and why everyone is in an uproar about this shit is that these servers have tons of RMT going on. And where there is money involved, there will be drama for sure. It just goes to show how fucking corrupt both of these servers are. Non profit my ass, these dues are making bank off of this shit.
Yeah I don't think there is too much RMT going on over on The Sleeper, but I could of course be very wrong (wouldn't be the first time). On P99 however, well, we all know the deal there, so it's more than obvious why everyone is so pissed over there.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
So much misinformation and general ignorance here. Let me set it right-

It is Kegz/Toop based on the retarded email he sent to Rogean which was the same name on Toop's forum account that was created 4 or so years ago. You guys seriously need to read the whole posts before comming here and spewing uncredible info.
If you played on P99, Kegz is Toop - a dwarf war who led the guild 'Peace Pipe'. My recollection of Toop was that he liked attention and was always whining about something. Gm favoritism, not being able to compete for raid targets, I'm not sure which.

Eventually Toop was banned for hacking/boxing. He vowed to make P99 pay one day, and so he did, by creating his own shit eq emulated server - the Sleeper. Despite many flaws with the game, their flagship project revision was that AC was working properly on his server. Toop/Kegz began spamming/promoting in various threads in order to try and convert people to his project. No one did, of course, because his server is shite, despite other issues with his personality/temperament.

In recent days Toop/Kegz's trolling and spamming skills in the P99 thread allowed him to be selected as a candidate in the RRP. We've heard no word from the jugs about how he is faring. I'd imagine he is being shunned due to his likeness to RRP legend Kegkilla.
Ok so we're just going to assume that kegz is smart enough to DDOS a server, but stupid enough to do it from his own ip without hiding it. For what? To prove that he was going to make p99 pay? From ryoz story it seems to connect the dots but I just dont see why he would do it from his own servers IP or whatever. Seems pretty easy to trace and stupid.

Oh well, this thread is entertaining but waste of time, thanks for clarifying a few things though. Seems like p99 is back to normal eh?

Thanks for the info alkorin.

othree

Is hosting an emu in itself illegal? Or is it just if you profit from it?
Good question. I know years ago, Sony would attempt to shut down anyone, regardless of whether they were profiting. They especially went after servers with customized content but yet still retained some names and other trademarked intellectual property (see: Winters Roar, which was shut down and brought back up as Shards of Dalaya).

Of course these days it doesn't seem like Sony cares at all about EQ1 emulators.

othree

Ok so we're just going to assume that kegz is smart enough to DDOS a server, but stupid enough to do it from his own ip without hiding it. For what? To prove that he was going to make p99 pay? From ryoz story it seems to connect the dots but I just dont see why he would do it from his own servers IP or whatever. Seems pretty easy to trace and stupid.

Oh well, this thread is entertaining but waste of time, thanks for clarifying a few things though. Seems like p99 is back to normal eh?

Thanks for the info alkorin.
I agree with your thoughts on this. I have a friend still playing on The Sleeper, and they were getting/still are getting DDOS'ed. Maybe Kegz is DDOSing himself to attempt to avoid suspicion, but damn...the rabbit hole is getting pretty deep.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
So much misinformation and general ignorance here. Let me set it right-

It is Kegz/Toop based on the retarded email he sent to Rogean which was the same name on Toop's forum account that was created 4 or so years ago. You guys seriously need to read the whole posts before comming here and spewing uncredible info.
I also already knew toop was kegz who was jake, it's well known information if you've ever been on mumble with kegz, most of his RL friends are in the same channel saying hey jake. So with that, everyone knows jake was banned on p99, everyone knows jake is the one emailing rogean, but just because rogean detectived who he was, doesnt mean its necessarily him doing it, again if he's so smart to do a ddos or whatever internet experience he seems to have, along with having a lawyer best friend in mumble with him everyday, you'd think he would figure out NOT to do it from his own server/data center/whatever. But hey if it was him then I'm sure he's embarassed, if it isnt then maybe the ddos will continue. How is p99 and the lag?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Biggest news from this thread is that there were people that actually thought Kegz was Kegkilla.
Yeah I dunno, I never paid attention to any of the EQ threads that Kegz was spamming. I just was kind of tangentially aware of it. And the avatar of the black guy laughing just seemed like an avatar that Kegkilla would use. Not really giving a shit, I just made the assumption that the two were one and the same and continued not giving a fuck.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think admins of EMU's care about RMT, they just put a show on like they do. Either Rogean doesn't care, actively search, or doesn't know how to police RMT'ing. Who the hell knows maybe they are even involved. A good amount of us from here were RMTing plat to PlatLord or on our own throughout our entire existence on that server. I remember when they released the list of people he had traded with none of us except Adriana were on it. Szeth I think got nailed towards the end for selling but by then most of us had dumped our Trak loots and accounts.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
It would be hard to RMT on epicemu because there is no option to change your password. It's permanent, who you share with it will always have it, I've asked before to get a password changed so I could share with a friend and was told "encrypted in db cant do it." Not sure on that but they wont change it, and there is no option. Not sure about items, havent heard anything.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is hosting an emu in itself illegal? Or is it just if you profit from it?
It's been stated previously on FoH, from what I recall, that SOE or whoever owns EQ doesn't care about emulators as long as you are not making money off of it.

That's why whenever accusations of Rogean and other admins making money off RMT are flung, someone inevitably threatens to email this thread to them and try to get it shut down.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I don't think admins of EMU's care about RMT, they just put a show on like they do. Either Rogean doesn't care, actively search, or doesn't know how to police RMT'ing. Who the hell knows maybe they are even involved. A good amount of us from here were RMTing plat to PlatLord or on our own throughout our entire existence on that server. I remember when they released the list of people he had traded with none of us except Adriana were on it. Szeth I think got nailed towards the end for selling but by then most of us had dumped our Trak loots and accounts.
I got my money for just above the minimum time BEFORE Szeth was banned... thank you very much.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Al-bundy-ed-oneill-animated-gif-2.gif

vazdeline_sl

shitlord
P99 is alive and thriving, RMT rampant? Sure, but it's an ongoing battle. It makes the experience more unique. I am grateful that the game encites so much rage, its like my own little reality T.V. show. And I keep comming back for more.

vazdeline_sl

shitlord
Lol Ruhl, from these forums sent me this message, "Jesus you are an angry butthurt faggot. Give it up, EQ died ina flaming pile of its own shit. Let it go man".

Laff, pathetic.

Is he one of yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.