Kenshi - A Sandbox RPG

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm mainly talking about healing time. Does it take longer to heal if the bed is on the roof and uncovered vs inside the building?
I noticed that my people were exposed to the elements, like a sand storm etc. even when under a tent on the roof - but I never noticed a difference in healing between the ones at my base and if I needed to use the one at the hotel. If there is a difference, I would imagine it isnt much. Even if it was a difference of 10% slower vs 0%, it doesnt take extremely long anyways.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

no. sleeping bags are x4. bed beds, are x8. location doesnt matter.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Thank you.
Another question - Do nests respawn? I moved all my shit to a new base I'm setting up in Gut because I thought it'd be fun to focus on leather stuff and different food recipes. Fuck ton of beak things up there and it was total chaos when my army arrived. I didn't mean to, but I guess I wiped out 3 of the nests that were surrounding my base. Did I just kill all the spawns I was planning to farm?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Thank you.
Another question - Do nests respawn? I moved all my shit to a new base I'm setting up in Gut because I thought it'd be fun to focus on leather stuff and different food recipes. Fuck ton of beak things up there and it was total chaos when my army arrived. I didn't mean to, but I guess I wiped out 3 of the nests that were surrounding my base. Did I just kill all the spawns I was planning to farm?
I think they respawn in new locations within the territory.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Cool idea, but I fucked up like 3 spots so its going in the trash
Screenshot_20220108-150922_Gallery.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Got a higher rez pic?

Here's my file. The engrave would have better contrast if I gave a quick 220grit sand like I normally would if I was going to keep it. I fucked up merging a bunch of the cut lines/polygons because I was being lazy. It cut in spots I didn't want it to.

If you want the original color photo that I used, I can post it tomorrow. It's on my work computer.
Kenshi.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Here's my file. The engrave would have better contrast if I gave a quick 220grit sand like I normally would if I was going to keep it. I fucked up merging a bunch of the cut lines/polygons because I was being lazy. It cut in spots I didn't want it to.

If you want the original color photo that I used, I can post it tomorrow. It's on my work computer.
View attachment 392085
engraving, and how did you make it?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
engraving, and how did you make it?
I'll pm you one when I get back home. I always post screenshots because its the easiest way to strip out exif info.

I use lunapic to apply a filter that works for engraving, Inkscape to set up the files and a Glowforge Basic for engraving. My glowforge was $1500 when I got it 2 or 3 years ago, but I think they're $2500 now. I love this thing....way more fun than 3d printers imo. I have a laser engraving thread here with more info if you were thinking about getting one

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I finally got this game on the sale. Been on my wishlist forever.

I'm fucking lost, lol. This camera kinda sucks ass...

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
please regale us of your first 10 hours of gaming story.

I ran around, mined some copper, recruited like 6 or 7 dudes and a pack mule, bought and repaired a house.

I found this town south of the starter town and it was totally empty with the occasional bandit troop roaming through. I looted a shit ton of stuff from it and sold it all to make a lot of starter cash. Only later did I realize it being empty was a bug, so I imported my save to "fix" it with repopulation.

Now I've got a guy doing a copper mine <--> house storage loop.

Honestly, I'm looking at this game and the amount of shit I can do and realizing I don't really have time for games like this anymore :(

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I ran around, mined some copper, recruited like 6 or 7 dudes and a pack mule, bought and repaired a house.

I found this town south of the starter town and it was totally empty with the occasional bandit troop roaming through. I looted a shit ton of stuff from it and sold it all to make a lot of starter cash. Only later did I realize it being empty was a bug, so I imported my save to "fix" it with repopulation.

Now I've got a guy doing a copper mine <--> house storage loop.

Honestly, I'm looking at this game and the amount of shit I can do and realizing I don't really have time for games like this anymore :(
What do you think PTO is for? Poopsock that game for 12 hours straight, then leave it running overnight and see if everyone is still alive when you wake up. If not, reload your save and do it again. I love Kenshi

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
What do you think PTO is for? Poopsock that game for 12 hours straight, then leave it running overnight and see if everyone is still alive when you wake up. If not, reload your save and do it again. I love Kenshi

In the good old days...

Now work + wife + toddlers = no gaming til thr kids are older and less time intensive.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have definitely had the game running in the background while working/waiting for pr approvals for literal weeks at a time. Probably increased my electricity bill by like $30 a month just from that. All just to make sure I get off work with the game paused right for Holy Day to pay a visit. Kenshi is great

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
In the good old days...

Now work + wife + toddlers = no gaming til thr kids are older and less time intensive.
I'm there too fella. They go see family 2 or 3 times a year. 20 minutes after they leave, I'm doing bong rips naked and setting up an indoor shooting gallery. Kenshi happens after the 11am drunk nap.

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Alright bros - with jack shit to play, I think it's time for another Kenshi playthrough, since it has been a few years. Any mods that are must-haves or do I just go vanilla?