Kerbal Space Program

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I finally got out of the atmosphere recently. My angle is pretty retarded though. I need to pitch around before I run out of thrust to achieve orbit. As it is I have a sharp arc that puts me planetside eventually.

I did go for a spacewalk though. That was...dull.

I'm like, multi-stage now, which is awesome. I have a bunch of solid boosters that I kick off and start the main engine, then that releases and I have another. I think the last is overkill, but the vessel is stable, so I may as well keep it. I have no idea how I'm going to build a lander. I guess I'll look into it once I can swing past the moon.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I discovered my 6-pack of solid fuel rockets as my first stage just blows up in a glorious fireball 2/3 of the time. Shooting that poor guy into solar orbit seems to be a bit of a fluke.

I'm experimenting with liquid-fuel now which is interesting but still in eary stages. Doesn't feel as awesome as strapping lots of solid rockets to something.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I got into orbit, almost. I had an orbit, but I didn't quite manage to fix my arc and I came into around 33k elevation at the low point (after swinging around the planet about 90%). As I entered atmosphere I lost a LOT of speed and fell in the water. So with a few minor corrections I could be stable.

I'm going to break down and watch a few videos for infoz. I want really basic mechanics info like, if I lower my throttle, am I saving fuel? I can't tell, but I haven't experimented much. The gulf of ignorance I have as I sacrifice dozens of kerbals is really irritating me.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
It seems like lower throttle saves fuel to me. Dropping back to 3/4 seems to show a pretty substantial economy increase from 100%. But of course you need to maintain enough thrust to move you the direction you need.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I got into orbit, almost. I had an orbit, but I didn't quite manage to fix my arc and I came into around 33k elevation at the low point (after swinging around the planet about 90%). As I entered atmosphere I lost a LOT of speed and fell in the water. So with a few minor corrections I could be stable.

I'm going to break down and watch a few videos for infoz. I want really basic mechanics info like, if I lower my throttle, am I saving fuel? I can't tell, but I haven't experimented much. The gulf of ignorance I have as I sacrifice dozens of kerbals is really irritating me.
75km is the minimum for orbit, anything less and you will deorbit.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...p/55-Tutorials!
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...ogram-Tutorial

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Liquid fuel is what I use most of the time. It's definitely not as entertaining, but they seem more efficient to me.

Thanks for the links Phoenix. Learned a few things about the UI so far. My immediate goal is ~80k orbit at ~2300 speed. I didn't really have a numerical goalpost before, more of a "make the blue line go around the planet" one.

I r want career mode. Having no monetary boundaries irks me. I like structure.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Next match they are introducing a mining system which I assume is the first part of their campaign mode. Game really like minecraft tho, gotta set your own goals and objectives. Mastering orbiting and getting to mun are like the basics of the game, once you move beyond kerbin is where the game gets hard and slightly tedious.

soon to be first section of a new space station;

rrr_img_14585.jpg

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is up on Steam now!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/220200/

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...lable-on-Steam

Q: If I've already bought the game on the KSPStore, can I switch over to Steam?
A: The answer to that is Yes, but not right now. We are going to set up a system on our store where you'll be able to get a Steam key for KSP provided you already have purchased the game. However, we are still working on the exact details of this feature, so it'll likely be a while until that's set up. We'll of course let you know when that becomes available

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Excellent, the more people know about this the better. Also .19 update just released which added wheels and re-entry affects.

Kagan_sl

shitlord
Just picked this up over the weekend. It is way more addicting then I thought it would be at first glance. Getting into orbit, and hell, getting to Mun or Minmus orbit wasn't that hard after poking around on youtube a bit, but fuck me if I can actually land without making a glorious explosion.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
0.20 patch was just released, if you haven't tried this game I highly recommend it. Haven't had a game eat up hours like this in quite some time.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
For the first day or so after that happened, the top comment on the various videos of it were something like "Needs more struts", "Mechjeb bugged?" and so on.

And in other news: Everybody get up, it's time to slam now

nurdi_sl

shitlord
Haven't played, but a bunch of my buddies are addicted and it's hilarious watching them kill the little guys who just smile unknowingly.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Did they ever add a "campaign" mode with resource spending? IIRC last I checked everything had "cost" labels but no resource/currency was actually implemented. Not sure if they ever really planned to flesh that out.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
SQUAD changed the way they implement updates/features so it was pushed back. Think its planned for .21 or .22?

Bitches dont know about my space shuttle;
6hZEtVGFl73TULRB4dS7wl5wOcVVD.png

6hZEvd94XOGdmYonE4feZR17WTb0x.png

Azziane_sl

shitlord
I want a game like Minecraft where you gather resources, with a tech tree like Civilization with a space race and planet colonization using Kerbal Space Program.

Make it happen, someone.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
That would be one hell of a mmo and not hard to pull off with minecraftian graphics (more like cubeworld actually). Not sure if this is the right place to continue this but my armchairdev inner self is already full of ideas.