Key West, FL

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Hi all,

Doing my first trip down there next month. I've never been, I have no idea what its like. Anything I should know?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

I have driven 14hours to NC... but I haven't managed to drive down to the keys... maybe it's a thing I should do...

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
I wonder how much damage still hasn't been fixed since 2017(Irma) I am sure you see some new construction otw down there. That drive is on my bucket list, so was pissing off the wall.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Hi all,

Doing my first trip down there next month. I've never been, I have no idea what its like. Anything I should know?

Go to Fort Jefferson, it's a day trip but oh boy is it amazing. Hemingway House is cool if you like Hemingway. The Three Brothers coffee shop is tasty. No Name Pub and a few other classics in the area. If you're really interested about such things buy this guy's travel book. Bar none this guy has researched the entirety of the Sunshine state to extremely autistic levels of detail and his novels are hilarious. Siliconemelons Siliconemelons as a Florida resident you might appreciate it a lot too.

Tim Dorsey - Florida Roadkill

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I love Key West. Fort Jefferson/Dry Tortugas is definitely cool. Lots of great kayaking spots throughout the entirety of the keys as well. And, of course, awesome drinking/partying atmosphere at night.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Best Mojitos:

Green Parrot

Best Pina Colada’s:

Sloppy Joe’s

Best sunset:

The pier ( the only place)

Best breakfast :

Blue heaven - lobster Benedict is amazing bloody Mary’s best in the Keyz, their key lime pie is top notch

Ride a bike, fuck walking and get shitfaced on Duvall.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Last time we were down there, my friend broke her ankle getting out of a taxi within the first hour we were there. We had to wheel her gimp ass around for 3 days.

If you're there with your wife/girlfriend/etc or another couple, an awesome dessert place is Better Than Sex. Very cool atmosphere and awesome drinks/desserts.

Better Than Sex Desserts

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The Keys and Key West are one of those places that is really hard to describe to someone who hasnt been there. The vibe is so unique (at least to me). Yes there is near endless amounts of eating, drinking and all things ocean sport related. But there is also the ability to find peace and quiet staring at the ocean/gulf for hours or finding a spot in the mangroves to fish in solitude. The Keys are amazing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I wonder how much damage still hasn't been fixed since 2017(Irma) I am sure you see some new construction otw down there. That drive is on my bucket list, so was pissing off the wall.

I was there months after the hurricane and it was fine...aside from some rubble piles around you’d never know there was any catastrophe. Tons of restaurants, bars, etc, open all over the place. Two years later I’m sure it’s fine.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was there months after the hurricane and it was fine...aside from some rubble piles around you’d never know there was any catastrophe. Tons of restaurants, bars, etc, open all over the place. Two years later I’m sure it’s fine.
Yeah it isnt Puerto Rico. We fix our stuff in a timely fashion 😀

• 1Worf

Siliconemelons

Are there "off season" times in the Keys?

Drinking and party life are not what my wife and I really want... so are there any "off the path" little house/room rentals that may have walk out to beach or beachfront patios that any locals know of for dealios etc?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Here now... the activities are fun, waverunner tour, dolphin viewing/snorkling, have lunch at lattitudes planned, etc. However a lot of it is just gross, run down, and disgusting people. Lots of just trashy fucks, everyone trying to be "unique." It's cute seeing chickens in the restaurants, until you step in chicken shit, in the restaurant.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I’ve been down in Ft Meyers and Key West the past couple of days visiting my parents (I’m from Florida but up north.) Nice to get out of the cold and rainy SF Bay Area into 82 degree weather. A touch humid but barely enough to even sweat. Duval Street was starting to get busier as we were leaving even on a Sunday evening, so I’d be curious to see how it looked last night. Good time to visit having been here in prime tourist season before, but might even be too tame for some.

Ft Meyers boardwalk area was nice, lots going on...we took the ferry over to Key West which I’d never done before.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’ve been down in Ft Meyers and Key West the past couple of days visiting my parents (I’m from Florida but up north.) Nice to get out of the cold and rainy SF Bay Area into 82 degree weather. A touch humid but barely enough to even sweat. Duval Street was starting to get busier as we were leaving even on a Sunday evening, so I’d be curious to see how it looked last night. Good time to visit having been here in prime tourist season before, but might even be too tame for some.

Ft Meyers boardwalk area was nice, lots going on...we took the ferry over to Key West which I’d never done before.
I generally prefer the middle/upper keys to KW. It is like just a giant tourist trap down there the last time I went. Too many souvenir shops and shit.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I generally prefer the middle/upper keys to KW. It is like just a giant tourist trap down there the last time I went. Too many souvenir shops and shit.

Definitely too many of those, it does detract from some areas. Still some fun to be had but I’d be happy if they didn’t allow them. Reminds me of Orlando.

I’d never spend much time in KW anyway unless I had a lot of sporting things planned on the water, what’s on land wears out quick.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>

If you're in key west go to that nudey rooftop bar. Gets realllll weird man

Sterling

El Presidente
Haven't been since the mid 90s but I was there for a couple of weekend scuba trips. Would recommend!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’d kill for a green parrot Mojito right now

• 1Solidarity