Keyboards & Mice

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Got a logitech G Pro yesterday, looking forward to trying it out (but not really looking forward to the software that I've heard is aids). I've had a g900 for 4 years, and it's been a great mouse. Starting to get a little funky on the sensor sometimes though

Kais

<Gold Donor>
My Roccat Tyon mouse is apparently niche as hell with the button layout, but I honestly love it. Too bad it's been discontinued. The middle mouse is double clicking or not registering at all so I just started looking into switch replacement too.

There is nothing else on the market that's near the layout of the Tyon which makes me a sad panda. The 2 position thumb rocker and side buttons all naturally perfectly fit my hand. But not having middle mouse sucks when so many applications use it for rotate in 3d space and no option to remap.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The fact you have to preemptively soldier in replacement switches for Logitech mice (which aren't cheap,) might be a sign you shouldn't be buying anything from them. Designed to fail.
dude, they all use the same switches from omron

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Considering just about every review section for every mouse has people saying they're getting double clicking after some random period of time - I have a hard time believing he's not trolling. The shit I started paying attention to was build quality complaints and bloatware complaints.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
While that's correct, Logitec in particular under-volts the hell out of them, to the point where even a modest amount of wear plus humidity triggers double clicks.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Initial impressions of the G Pro. Compared to the G900 this thing is light as fuck. Though it also feels kind of cheap, because it's all lightweight plastic, where the G900 was definitely more substantial of a mouse.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Initial impressions of the G Pro. Compared to the G900 this thing is light as fuck. Though it also feels kind of cheap, because it's all lightweight plastic, where the G900 was definitely more substantial of a mouse.
G Pro is the best mouse I've ever owned. It's light, but feels amazing. I'm used to big mice, and the is way more sensitive on the clicks than I ever expected. Had to get to where I wasn't accidentally right-clicking at random times.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
G Pro is the best mouse I've ever owned. It's light, but feels amazing. I'm used to big mice, and the is way more sensitive on the clicks than I ever expected. Had to get to where I wasn't accidentally right-clicking at random times.
Yeah, when I fired up Halo and started gaming, it was instantly great

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got the Razor Naga Pro delivered this morning. Have been using it for the last few hours. The only thing thats a bit of a learning curve is the thumb placement for this mouse over the Corsair Scimtar's. On the Razor Naga Pro, the bottom of the thumb side comes out to a fat bottom on the mouse. Where the Scimtar gets skinnier towards the bottom of the mouse. Scimtar is more of a claw grip, razor naga pro (with mmo side anyways) is almost a full grip type of mouse.

But with all the problems the Scimtar was having with its scroll wheel, doubling clicking, etc. A new mouse is a night and day difference. Quality seems "ok" but the Scimtar "looks" like it had better. The Scimtar was heavier and had aluminum parts, but I dont play FPS and can barely tell the difference.

Anyone thats familiar with the Razer hardware, is any of this bloatware worth it past the macro portion? Cortex etc.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Got the Razor Naga Pro delivered this morning. Have been using it for the last few hours. The only thing thats a bit of a learning curve is the thumb placement for this mouse over the Corsair Scimtar's. On the Razor Naga Pro, the bottom of the thumb side comes out to a fat bottom on the mouse. Where the Scimtar gets skinnier towards the bottom of the mouse. Scimtar is more of a claw grip, razor naga pro (with mmo side anyways) is almost a full grip type of mouse.

But with all the problems the Scimtar was having with its scroll wheel, doubling clicking, etc. A new mouse is a night and day difference. Quality seems "ok" but the Scimtar "looks" like it had better. The Scimtar was heavier and had aluminum parts, but I dont play FPS and can barely tell the difference.

Anyone thats familiar with the Razer hardware, is any of this bloatware worth it past the macro portion? Cortex etc.
I actually use the old version of the synapse software due to the new version being just horrible. Dont use any other Razor stuff so not sure what Cortex is. Man not sure what they were thinking with the thumb placement on the 6 button side. hex has thumb spot right in the middle so you can just roll your thumb easily in any direction to hit the desired button.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Is the Logitech mx3 the go-to work mouse?
I've had an MX Master at home and work for 8+ years now, best mouse I have ever had for productivity stuff. Heavy enough to be substantial in your hand, buttons are super accurate and not fatiguing, side wheel and top wheel are very useful and in good spots (I do a lot of side scrolling due to reading large documents), etc.

It's not a gaming mouse but if you're looking for work stuff, it's the way to go.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm tilted by how bad the Logitech G-Hub software is. I got a g915 TKL (yes I know it's a waste of money, but I've wanted it forever so I said fuck it). Hook up keyboard, supposed to be able to use one wireless thing for both mouse and keyboard, that doesn't seem to work. G Hub tells me there is an update. Update software, now the software doesn't see either the mouse or keyboard. Really?

I mean they both work, but I can't turn off the stupid LED on the mouse without the software.

Also this is my first typing with the keyboard, and honestly I really do like the typing on it. It feels fucking great. I got the linear switches. I'll have to play some Halo and see how I feel about gaming on it, but I've got to imagine it's wonderful. The G Pro wireless has also been fucking amazing as a mouse. Aside from the initial impression of it feels cheap because of how light it is, it's function is great.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've got the g915 and absolutely love it, agree on being crazy spendy tho. Never had a problem with the g hub software, so should be able to find a way to fix that.

EDIT slippery slippery I just remembered that the software won't recognize it if you have it connected over bluetooth rather than over wireless.

Last edited:

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I tried the solutions on their site, those didn't work. I ended up just uninstalling and reinstalling and it recognized them again and did a firmware update.

It feels like a pretty great keyboard. I'm really like the lower profile. Typing on it feels pretty great. I played a few games of Halo and it was fine. It's just clean. I'd imagine with the RGB turned off both it and the G Pro last quite a while without having to plug them in, so I can just use the same cord to charge both. It is kind of a shame that they haven't switched their peripherals over to USB C instead of micro-b, but it's whatever I guess.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
All the software suites for Logitech, Corsair, etc. are dogshit, hog the fuck out of your system memory, and some of them even use a not insignificant amount of CPU. I've switched entirely to devices that have on-board memory. Load up some profiles, save it to the device, and then uninstall their data mining garbage software.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I work on a computer and game on a different one. My work computer mouse is some cheap ass Dell thing that is awesome. Fits my hand perfect, no issues at all. My home computer has been Razer mice for ages. The software is fine and they are really accurate and adjustable, especially when you want speed. The problem for me is it's really uncomfortable. Like my hands hurts after 30 minutes on it. I checked and the old Dell one has been changed slightly in the newer version.

Someone needs a rental service with about 30 different mice so you can try each out for an hour and see if it fits.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
All the software suites for Logitech, Corsair, etc. are dogshit, hog the fuck out of your system memory, and some of them even use a not insignificant amount of CPU. I've switched entirely to devices that have on-board memory. Load up some profiles, save it to the device, and then uninstall their data mining garbage software.
Literally built a VM that lives on a spare laptop just for running shit programs like this in. Also for running Ubiquiti Network Management.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've got the g915 and absolutely love it, agree on being crazy spendy tho. Never had a problem with the g hub software, so should be able to find a way to fix that.

EDIT slippery slippery I just remembered that the software won't recognize it if you have it connected over bluetooth rather than over wireless.
The more and more I type on the more and more I really like this keyboard.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Been using the MS intellimouse Pro Shadow for well over a year, it's been superb, no problems whatsoever. While it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a gaming mouse, it's been very reliable and still feels and clicks like it did the day I bought it.

Been the best mouse I've owned since the OG Deathadder way back when. My first Deathadder lasted around 4-5 years and took a serious pounding playing MMOs.