Keyboards & Mice

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Ended up going with that Keychron K2 and have been pretty happy the last week or so. Only once has it spaced out and not come back paired to the laptop. A quick toggle fixes that, could have just been Windows acting strange.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Death Adder on sale. 23 bucks.

Needs more thumb buttons. Really sucks the amount of MMO mice out there that just can't get it right. Naga Hex is by far my go to mouse due to the well spaced thumb buttons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Any gamers here have a positive experience using either ergonomic mice or trackballs? I've been contemplating getting a new mouse and wouldn't mind it letting my arm lie a bit more comfortably, with the hand in more of a vertical than horizontal position. I've heard that both are "technically" ok for gamers, as long as you're not into competitive FPSs, and 99% of my gaming is either strategy, RPGs or simulations.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
About 18 months ago I bought a Ducky One 2 RGB LED Double Shot PBT Mechanical Keyboard. This is the first mechanical keyboard I have ever owned/typed on, I had no idea what I was missing. I also picked up some custom keys...
1634259879303.png

I am currently using a G935 Wireless Mouse and I love that too. I did have the Logitech Power Pad for minute to keep it charged, but I have a glass desk with a metal frame the buzzing/feedback was no bueno.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ive got this mouse currently -
3gfYPyaSDym9ARvFHwb3Eo.jpg

For months the mouse was probably one of the best mouses Ive used, ever. Now, its going to complete shit. The left click is double clicking all the time (wear issue I assume), the scroll wheel has always been finicky at best - zooming out when Im trying to zoom in, and the software crashes alllll the fucking time. Ill be playing a game, the software will crash w/o any alert and all of a sudden its spamming chat with the macros. Probably the worst mouse in terms of lasting that Ive ever had. Im not some mongoloid that smashes keys either, so I cant imagine how short of a life span the mouse had for those people. When I looked up if I could send it back (I cant, its out of its warranty period already) - I found that this mouse has a ton of issues and a lot of complaints on the same issues I have.

-----------------------------

I would appreciate some help in trying to find an MMO mouse replacement. The mouse doesnt have to have 12 buttons cause I realistically use 6, but 9 for some games - buttons 10-12, even with the buttons slid all the way up just arent positioned well enough to be useful. I cant bend my thumb like that, Corsair >.>.

Even better if the mouse is wireless. Second bonus is if its a good wireless mouse and combined with the charging deck doesnt cost 2-300 bucks. Batteries are okay if there is no good charging deck option that doesnt run that high.

Hoping it has some weight to it - I went to Best Buy for this one just so I could actually hold it and see how it felt.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've had a naga x for a long ass time now. Still works great.

EDIT the naga pro is wireless and has a dock option

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
If I got a new mouse it''d probably be along these lines since it has the Naga Hex button layout (7 thumb buttons). The 7 button layout is perfect IMO since you can easily hit every button and its easy to tell what your pushing. I had the Corsair one shown above and always found that depending on button position (forward/back) I'd always lose a row just from the awkwardness of hitting those buttons

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Anyone here ever have the Logitech G105 and know of a good replacement that is similar? Losing some functionality on the right Shift key.

Daidraco

Anyone here ever have the Logitech G105 and know of a good replacement that is similar? Losing some functionality on the right Shift key.
Price range? Looking for a similar key layout with keys you can map on the left side like that? Care about the key sound/feel?

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Logitech G613 (wireless)
Logitech G513 (wired but no dedicated macro keys on the side)
Corsair K55 (wired, similar to the G613)
Corsair K57 (wireless, similar to the G613)
Corsair K63 (wired but no dedicated macro keys on the side, similar to Logitech G513)

Any particular features you're looking for that the G105 has?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hey thanks Daidraco Daidraco and Pyksel Pyksel No features really. Just something similar in foot print. Looks like the g513 might work well. Looks like the palm rest is detachable too since it will need to come off. I have a wrist rest already attached to the desk.

Malkav

French Madman
Ive got this mouse currently -
3gfYPyaSDym9ARvFHwb3Eo.jpg

For months the mouse was probably one of the best mouses Ive used, ever. Now, its going to complete shit. The left click is double clicking all the time (wear issue I assume), the scroll wheel has always been finicky at best - zooming out when Im trying to zoom in, and the software crashes alllll the fucking time. Ill be playing a game, the software will crash w/o any alert and all of a sudden its spamming chat with the macros. Probably the worst mouse in terms of lasting that Ive ever had. Im not some mongoloid that smashes keys either, so I cant imagine how short of a life span the mouse had for those people. When I looked up if I could send it back (I cant, its out of its warranty period already) - I found that this mouse has a ton of issues and a lot of complaints on the same issues I have.

-----------------------------

I would appreciate some help in trying to find an MMO mouse replacement. The mouse doesnt have to have 12 buttons cause I realistically use 6, but 9 for some games - buttons 10-12, even with the buttons slid all the way up just arent positioned well enough to be useful. I cant bend my thumb like that, Corsair >.>.

Even better if the mouse is wireless. Second bonus is if its a good wireless mouse and combined with the charging deck doesnt cost 2-300 bucks. Batteries are okay if there is no good charging deck option that doesnt run that high.

Hoping it has some weight to it - I went to Best Buy for this one just so I could actually hold it and see how it felt.

Weird, my Scimitar has been going strong for like a year and a half without any issue. Before that, I was using Nagas and they always developped the double left click issue in less than a year. I finally said Fuck Razer and went to the Corsair that has honestly been working great for me.

Daidraco

Weird, my Scimitar has been going strong for like a year and a half without any issue. Before that, I was using Nagas and they always developped the double left click issue in less than a year. I finally said Fuck Razer and went to the Corsair that has honestly been working great for me.
I was looking around at the reviews / price history etc. not too long ago and noticed that just about every mouse on the market has double click issues. Some after days, some after years and its random. For as cheap as the Scimtar is "now". I can say its a pretty good mouse. The software crashes all the time and its down right enraging, but after reading reviews - it looks like the other ones are full of bloatware and crash too. For as long as it lasted, its not terrible. But when I bought it, it was 4x that price.

It appears though, that MMO mice have been on the way out for quite some time now and are even more of a niche than I would have thought. But with a promo and the rest of my Christmas shopping, I was able to pick up the razer pro wireless for about $45 from a regular black Friday price of $99.

• 2Like

Malkav

French Madman
I was looking around at the reviews / price history etc. not too long ago and noticed that just about every mouse on the market has double click issues. Some after days, some after years and its random. For as cheap as the Scimtar is "now". I can say its a pretty good mouse. The software crashes all the time and its down right enraging, but after reading reviews - it looks like the other ones are full of bloatware and crash too. For as long as it lasted, its not terrible. But when I bought it, it was 4x that price.

It appears though, that MMO mice have been on the way out for quite some time now and are even more of a niche than I would have thought. But with a promo and the rest of my Christmas shopping, I was able to pick up the razer pro wireless for about $45 from a regular black Friday price of $99.

These double click issues are the worst most irking things when they start happening. Let's hope my current mouse keeps surviving.

Lately it's my Roccat Vulkan 120 keyboard that started acting up, A key sometimes doesn't register or stop registering long presses halfway. It got me killed a few times while raiding in FFXIV since it's my forward key (AZERTY layout) and it made me stop moving in the middle of an AOE.

Since I had a good experience with the Scimitar and have personally no issue with the software (iCue never crashed for me), I ordered a Corsair K100 today with their optical switches. Those are rated for 1.5M activations, so they better be durable. Should receive it tomorrow and I'm kinda excited about getting a new toy. Between Black Friday promo and some gift cards (my work always hand some gift cards during the holiday season), I got it for 130€, which is not bad for something that is usually around 230/250.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
if you have doubleclick issues, learn to solder/desolder

the first thing i did when i settled on the g502 (after years of using my own custom cherry mx deathaddler) is buy replacement switches
242651cd90290db23f68af6bf2253021.png

just google which switches go into your mouse, there are even compatible ones that others find superior. (like those red kailh gm4)

• 2Like

Daidraco

if you have doubleclick issues, learn to solder/desolder

the first thing i did when i settled on the g502 (after years of using my own custom cherry mx deathaddler) is buy replacement switches
242651cd90290db23f68af6bf2253021.png

just google which switches go into your mouse, there are even compatible ones that others find superior. (like those red kailh gm4)
I found a video on it back when I originally asked. Was really hoping, at that point, to be able to just snap in a new part. But ya, its all about soldering new parts in or just jerry rigging the switch to squeeze a bit more life out of it. But I've been wanting to switch to a wireless mouse, anyways. The corsair can just chill on the shelf as a backup.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
The fact you have to preemptively soldier in replacement switches for Logitech mice (which aren't cheap,) might be a sign you shouldn't be buying anything from them. Designed to fail.

• 1Seriously?