Keyboards & Mice

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I've slowly been looking for a new desk. Since working from home wasn't a sure thing at first and now it looks like it's going to be nearly full time forever I've decided that buying a functional high quality desk might actually be a good idea. Looking at the choices I'm amazed at how non functional many of them are.

The bare minimum would be a sit/stand desk with nothing extra and buying file cabinets for the things I think I need to save but will never look at again. That doesn't solve cable management etc. Looking at the higher end desks like wyrmwood. Why the hell do the use those little boards instead of a good looking live edge or single piece. Yeah, they make price an issue as well. Everything in between has serious problems like a sharp edge where you rest your wrist or a too narrow desk width.

Yeah, I know I'm picky and it'll probably take me a year to be comfortable buying something, but when I do I'll be set for a long time. Until then it's my crappy Ikea desk.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
I love this motherfucker:

Had it about half a year now.

• 1Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I love this motherfucker:

Had it about half a year now.
It's nice but no standing option makes it a no go. I found out Sunday that I'll likely be taking a new job within 6 months and they'll be sending me a new computer with dual 36"monitors. My desk can't handle that so suddenly shit got urgent.

Incidentally I just bought a new Logitech 510 mouse and it's pretty nice for a reasonable price. I don't like it quite as much as the older version but it's a comfortable all day mouse.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

meanwhile, in keyboard news

i haven't used an ergo keyboard for 20 years, but this looks pretty cool. not that I'm switching, tho.
Im to used to normal after 35 or so years that It would take me longer to get used to a keyboard like that then managing for it to be more comfortable and productive in the long run.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

meanwhile, in keyboard news

i haven't used an ergo keyboard for 20 years, but this looks pretty cool. not that I'm switching, tho.

I'm a three finger neanderthal typer. No use for that type of board. Though it is a work of art.

Snagged the Asus NX TKL. Refurb for 60 bucks.

aaa.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I'm a three finger neanderthal typer. No use for that type of board. Though it is a work of art.

Snagged the Asus NX TKL. Refurb for 60 bucks.

View attachment 443179
dude you could supply a Delhi call center with all of the high-end PC hardware you've got in your basement.
at your purchase rate, you should make a YouTube channel so you can write them off as business expenses.
I'd sub!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
  • 1Worf

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I have a Keychron K2 75%, a K4 90% or whatever they call it, and a Q0 numpad. All work great. The K4 I bought for work and have charged it once in two weeks, connected through BT and still going strong. Is buy another. Mine are the aluminum body, nice weight. I’m

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My black widow's w key has been barely hanging on and a week or so ago the S key broke as well. They are sort of still there but if you hit them just right they tilt vertical and come off the switchy thing.

So I last minute black friday'd a steelseries apex 3 tkl. It feels cheap, and it was cheap (30), but I really like the light-up. It lights up the shifted stuff like !@#$%^&*, my black widow didn't. I haven't done any coding on it yet but so far :emoji_thumbsup:

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fuck, I am annoyed to death over my mice. The clicking is so fucking loud. I tried to google for "silent click mouse" and one of the mice listed was the logitec mx ergo, so I got it. Love the mouse, but the clicking is so fucking loud. It's ridiculous. I'm trying to play some diablo with it, and it sounds like a fucking A Ten Warthog is making a strafing run in my office.

Does anyone know of a mouse that has near silent left/right click?

Tv Show Finger Guns GIF

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Fuck, I am annoyed to death over my mice. The clicking is so fucking loud. I tried to google for "silent click mouse" and one of the mice listed was the logitec mx ergo, so I got it. Love the mouse, but the clicking is so fucking loud. It's ridiculous. I'm trying to play some diablo with it, and it sounds like a fucking A Ten Warthog is making a strafing run in my office.

Tv Show Finger Guns GIF

It's not silent, but my MX master 3S is pretty damn quiet. The switches do not make the standard clicking noise, more like a soft thunk.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Tv Show Finger Guns GIF
how annoying is this to you?
for a few years i modded a deathadder w/ cherry mx browns, still the best mouse i've ever used

(but yea i'm also using the logi ergo cuz i'm olds, could probably mod that loud piece of shit)