Kickstarter - Project Phoenix - Indie JRPG

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah. The $20, $25 & $35 rewards should NOT have 5,000 total as a restriction. For something as easy as digital downloads, they should have a lot more than only 5,000 of each choice available. My guess is they were hoping to sell out on the cheap one just to force late comers to buy the next tier up. It doesn't look like that method has been very successful thus far.

EDIT: Sean is right. There's 40 hours left and they're up to $847,000 now.

Only $178,000 to go for the next stretch. It might hit it after the large jump from last night to now.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
37 hours to go, $854,000 is the Kickstarter total right now (and about $25,000 via Paypal direct). Doesn't look like they're making the next stretch goal, which is really a shame.

They set out some pretty ridiculous stretch goals, though, so here's hoping they claw that back a bit and say "hey, you know what, we were being a bit silly, we'll do some of that stuff anyway".

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
28 hours to go and exactly $149,994 to go until the next stretch. This is not counting the Paypal donations.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Here's hoping someone steps up, but it's fairly certain they're just about done at this point. I still think it'll be a great game with the talent they have; I'll also always wonder what it could have been if it had been mega-funded like some other projects.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's definitely stepping up.

131.5k still needed for the next stretch, not counting the paypal donations. They might just hit it.

19 hours to go.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fucking chibi art, seriously? I guess I'll just listen to the soundtrack.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
16 hours to go and it's got 125k needed for the next stretch (not counting paypal).

As far as being chibi art, it's a company full of Japanese developers. It's a fuckingJRPG.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It's a JRPG. Of course there's chibi art involved. What were you thinking?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
They made the $1,025,000 stretch goal, which was (as far as I'm concerned) one of the more important ones. The other important goal was multiplayer/co-op, but that was $4 million, so... yeah. Wasn't gonna happen.

Also, they didn't make the voice acting goal, which might actually be a bonus. Voice acting can be great. It can also suck. We won't have to worry about that now.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
They made the $1,025,000 stretch goal, which was (as far as I'm concerned) one of the more important ones. The other important goal was multiplayer/co-op, but that was $4 million, so... yeah. Wasn't gonna happen.

Also, they didn't make the voice acting goal, which might actually be a bonus. Voice acting can be great. It can also suck. We won't have to worry about that now.
This. I have never played any Japanese game with voice acting that didnt make me cringe. It's just so fucking terrible that it actually puts me off from buying Japanese games.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Supposed to have had forum access in October, no forum access yet. I saw something in an update about how they want to do it right the first time -- but come on now, it's a forum, how hard could it be?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Forum registration is up! The developer NDA is also ridiculous and will likely prevent me sharing anything of value, gg.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Well, I don't know how many people from RR backed this, but so far, not a whole lot has been shown. They have switched game engines, there have been some unfortunate staffing issues, and they're way late on delivering. Hopefully, they can get back on track. I'm looking forward to seeing some progress.

They've promised a new release schedule in the next short while. I guess they're just figuring out where everything stands with the staffing.

If they don't deliver, I know I won't be the only one who's seriously jaded as a result. Hundreds of people pledged for over $400 (Developer pledge, of which I am one). Some went as high as $5k-$10k, and those guys are definitely getting antsy at this point. Final deliverable was supposed to be last month.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention, if you haven't created an account on projectphoenix.info yet, now would be a good time. When things do start rolling again, that's where it'll happen. If you're a Founder or above, that's where you'll see inside information as well. If you have problems creating an account, just PM me here. I am one of a couple of people running the Phoenix forums these days.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
A non deleted Sean post! I completely forgot about this one. Think I backed it but may be confused with another JRPG that had some visibility at the same time.