Kickstarters

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

faille

Molten Core Raider
Figured we could have a thread for Kickstarters.

Here's the latest one I'm interested in:

Seems to be a hidden role game, aka resistance, set in the world of Euphoria. Haven't played the original game it's based on so not sure how good its mechanics are, but I love resistance and own Euphoria. I need to play it some more actually.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Not a bad idea. I almost fired off a few rapid-fire posts in the Board Game thread since that's what leads me to a number of good-looking Kickstarters and there's been quite a few that have popped up this month after a dry spell.

Backed this one. Looked like a nice little game with a twist on the Meeple design.

Haven't backed it yet, but it's only a matter of time and how many I order to give as gifts or flip on Ebay.

Huge dungeon crawler that has given me and several other L5R fans samurai steel-hard nerd boners. I'm waiting before backing but probably worth it.

Quick little dungeon crawler.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I've been fairly active in Kickstarter this year. I needed a few things and it seemed like a good venue for those types of games. I figured on games I could play solo, dungeon crawlers, and some things to play at lunch break or with the wife.

<iframe frameborder="0" height="420" scrolling="no" src="" width="220"></iframe>

Seems like a fun little deduction game. Fowers has a few great games under his belt.

<iframe frameborder="0" height="420" scrolling="no" src="" width="220"></iframe>

I missed the Black Plague campaign. I'm hoping this scratches that itch.

I'm not really sure why I backed this one. Maybe as a travel game for boring hotel nights?

Reliable maker and good looking game. No real risks here.

This may turn out to be a stupid purchase. I basically went all in without thinking of a single situation where I can get a game in. It's too old for my usual group since we have kids that play and it will bore them. On top of that I bought the 5-6 player expansion, like anyone would ever play this game with 6. It fits my preferred game type perfectly, kind of sad really.

<iframe frameborder="0" height="420" scrolling="no" src="Gloomhaven" width="220"></iframe>

The hype. This will be my solo game for a good long while. Mage Knight will be gathering dust."

Arcadia Quest: Inferno

My family loves this game. I'm all in and I enjoy it but hopefully we will burn out on it before too long. It's all they want to play. Getting other games to the table is a burden with this around. Other than games like Coup, Resistance and Love letter that is.

Last edited:

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Heh, yeah I found out you don't need everything from the KS embed tags, just the middle.

Backed Massive Darkness, missed Gloomhaven, it looks neat though.

I always find it interesting when chatting with other friends who are into board games with what they tend to back on Kickstarter. It seems none of us have quite the exact same taste when it comes to what catches our eye.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Grabbed this one for the minis mainly the bell crow

Looking for kingdom death reprint one launching black friday.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Dawnfall looks awesome. If I wasn't buying a new house I'd probably go in on that!

Ratina

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Wow yeah that does look really nice, till I see how many addons there are... fuck me...

I just filled out the backer kit for Dark Souls and i spent too much on that one to do it all over again. I'm trying to cut back because I ordered too much last year, cool thing is games will be showing up at my door step every few months!

Most looking forward to

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I said screw it and got a Conflict Box from Dawnfall. I have 3 expensive mini co-op games, time to get a versus one. The conflict box looks like enough options with the four factions to make the game interesting without being way too expensive up front. If it turns out to be good i'll get some other factions later on. Didn't even really browse the add-ons other than skimming...will hold out to see how good the game is first.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I said screw it and got a Conflict Box from Dawnfall. I have 3 expensive mini co-op games, time to get a versus one. The conflict box looks like enough options with the four factions to make the game interesting without being way too expensive up front. If it turns out to be good i'll get some other factions later on. Didn't even really browse the add-ons other than skimming...will hold out to see how good the game is first.
They just announced a new faction in the add ons that looks amazing I may have to add it later in the pledge manager, what factions are you going with.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Chapter and Demons for sure. Haven't fully decided on the third yet, I like the Faceless and The Reborn. Probably will end up going with Faceless to have some robotic looking minis.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I love the demons and the Reborn, and the faceless are my third choice so I lucked out that I can go faces vs Reborn and add demons. the bell crow really set me over on this one though, I saw it painted a while ago and had to have it.

JXS20ji.jpg

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Jesus that looks good. I paint, but I'm nowhere near that good. These look like they will look great painted, lots of detail.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Changed my mind, I'm going with the war chest version. Figured if I love it I don't have to try buying more factions at a much higher price...if I don't like it, the big one will be easier to sell I think.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I love Mega Man and these mats look fantastic. I wouldn't have anyone to play it with though so I'm passing, sadly. I've played Pixel Tactics before and it's pretty fun, very versatile units. Sadface~